What's new

fishing trips

yahooman

does anyone here like to take fishing tripss?maybe fly ins?
i usually doa fly in every year,but 2 guys backed out this year so the outfitter is going to hold the deposit till next year...ill go by myself if i have to!!its a 15 hour drive though so id have to take 2 days for travelling each way and a 6-8 day trip
its a drive to,https://duseyriveradventures.com/hanover-lake

i cant wait,i love trout fishing,and love my trophy pike too,should be easy to catch in the back bays late may cause they are still on their spawn beds.

whos comin?lol

troutman

Seed Whore
I've always like Pike fishing in September the best.

It's quieter on the lakes and the big ones are feasting before Winter.

If you can combine ruffed grouse hunting with fishing it's a tasty bonus. :)

yahooman

I've always like Pike fishing in September the best.

It's quieter on the lakes and the big ones are feasting before Winter.

If you can combine ruffed grouse hunting with fishing it's a tasty bonus. :)

im considering going in september,then i could do some grouse hunting....

you know a lake has monster pike when it has deep areas and whitefish

troutman

Seed Whore
im considering going in september,then i could do some grouse hunting....

you know a lake has monster pike when it has deep areas and whitefish

That's one thing a lot of people don't understand. Deep water allows a fish to slow it's metabolism, avoid people and grow larger.
I know a person who fishes locally for lake trout in Summer using a deep sea trolling rod with steel line and mono leads at 50 feet
depth. He also catches walleye at the same time on the same setup. The walleye are down there with the lake trout feasting on
small lake whitefish. Most people will never run into those deep running walleye and some can get quite large.

yahooman

heres from 2 years ago,24 lbs

Attachments

• trout.jpg
    trout.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 34

Dog Star

Veteran
Am catch EU walley on the heat in the middle of a day on 20-28 meters deep..

they throw up stomach and their eyes bulge if they go fast out from this dephts..

interesting thing is that i need to exchange different lures as they fast get
mine deciving,they sees colours perfectly at those depth,i know cause those
red or green they dont wish to take at all,only natural colours of small whitefish
and some black or brown works good.. also trout colour they love to take...

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just came back from sea fishing uk 1 hour ago caught a few mackerel but very windy so came back early hopefully back out tomorrow weather permitting.:shark:

I have a cottage and 32ft Grady White in tahsis BC
and a twin otter on floats to get me there.
Speaking of which, I hear the chinooks in the 30 pound plus range have been slammin off the pinn rock and Tuna a mere 30 miles out!!
time to go fishin

yahooman

man,id love to go tuna fishing!my uncle lives out west,im going to visist him next summer and rent a charter when im there...unless you wanted to take me out?lol

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I used to do tons of fishing...Fresh and salt water..

Spent a month fly-fishing in New Zealand in 1985..
Here's a pic of an average day's catch of Rainbows.. The boot in the background is size 12..

Attachments

• 1985 nice trout.jpg
    1985 nice trout.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 29

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Since I'm in Ecuador often, I do it there more than here.

In the 60s some Canadian dude brought back rainbow trout to stock his pond in the mountains. With no competitors the trout took off and overtook the mountain lakes. So now they have fishing tourism. No lures allowed. Only fly rods.

Beautiful fishing in the Andies.

yahooman

Per Dad, I've been fishing since I could walk. It's my favorite recreational activity and it isn't even close.

If there was ever a substance made for an activity, it's cannabis for fishing. Some old farts I know just call it fishing tobacco. A big buzz on a calm lake with the loons calling is as close to paradise as I've found.

man i so agree with you!

Bmac1

Veteran
Per Dad, I've been fishing since I could walk. It's my favorite recreational activity and it isn't even close.

If there was ever a substance made for an activity, it's cannabis for fishing. Some old farts I know just call it fishing tobacco. A big buzz on a calm lake with the loons calling is as close to paradise as I've found.

I call them fish whistles, lol. I love to fish and do it as often as I can.

A couple of bucket list trips for me are:

Northern BC for monster wild steelhead. Jurassic Lake in Argentina for monster rainbows and epic tarpon fishing somewhere tropical.

yahooman

my bucket list is a place called sutton river in northern ontario.its supposed to be the best speckled trout fishing on the planet!they make you take a 12 gauge for polar bears!!

when my home sells im going to do 2 fly ins,one for trophy trout and one for trophy pike and walleye

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Yeah striped bass are good fighters and good eating. (as long as you cut all that nasty red meat outta the fillets)

Here's a pic of a buddy of mine, one night we fished on the south end of the Chesapeake Bay off Virginia Beach...(near the bridge-tunnel)

We all did good that night but this was the best one..

Attachments

• Chesapeake Bay striper.jpg
    Chesapeake Bay striper.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 32

Dime

I live close to Lake St Clair ,it's one of the healthiest lakes and I have never been skunked and the water is warm for swimming. It's also world famous for musky and bass and has huge sturgeon(although we aren't allowed to fish for them)

Latest posts

Latest posts