What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lineage of original Strawberry Fields??

G

Thats a great question that Ive never heard the awnser to. Wish I had some info for you, Id really love to know this info too. Hope somebody chimes in with something, maybe pike/cbf can shed a little light on it.

guerilla

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
If Kyle Kushman is a member here he would be the one to ask..
This clone is half the makeup of Strawberry cough,yes?
Rez might know also..Maybe try asking in his forum...
Take care........................CC

M

Mr. Nevermind

Hope this helps

Now for the strawberry fields. It is a 100% indica strain that
originated in vermont. around 7 weeks flowering time. Breed
for the taste and smell of strawberries, and to be able to
finish before the first snow fall in Vermont. High yielder. from
what I understand, the strain was given it's name because the
breeder grew it for many years in with his strawberry plants,
and claimed that the original scent of strawberries was intensified
because of the way he grew the plants together. nevertheless, if
his theories were correct or not, the worked plants in his field
had developed a scent and smell that matched his freshest
strawberries to a tee. But the high was not ideal for his
prefrences(needed to be more cerebral). He took an outstanding
pure haze male and crossed it with his best female flowering in
his fields. These are essentially strawberry cough seeds, but not
the clone that's going around. The SC pheno clone was found in
sorting through dozens of these seeds that were given to kyle
kushman. the SC clone yields very heavily from it's mother
strawberry fields(which I was told the real deal is now
extinct). expect a minimun of five to six ounces per sc plant,
and the real deal finish around 7.5 -9 weeks depending on what
you look at to harvest. each branch must be supported with at
least one stalk, or the weight of the buds will cause your limbs
and buds to hang on the ground

regarding the Strawberry Cough heritage, Strawberry Fields x Haze as I was
told. Though Kyle (with whom I worked @ HighTimes and who provided the
clone & details to me) had said it was a lonely (& lowly, he thought
at first) clone, not seeds, which he received. He did not expect much
(the 'breeder' had a very small, humble environment) and accepted the
clone only to be polite ~ upon arriving home after a fairly long drive
he opened the box where he had placed the clones and was suprised to
catch the strong aroma of strawberries. At that moment he thought
that it just might be something special.

Nevermind
)

G

thanks for the info nevermind. thats the same one i have saved to my computer from nebu. I wish I could find out some more info though like parents and such. Thanks again :D

guerilla

Last edited:

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
I wonder if that is the case if growing with certain plants for a long period of time. The original breeder stating that over the years the plants started smelling like his strawberries. Maybe the smell of cannabis mixed with the smell of strawberries and created a even stronger aroma. After the years of growing in the same conditions and the strain adapting to the enviroment maybe it just developed that aroma and taste over time. Maybe cannabis has the ability to do that. Would if a florida grower grew some plants everyyear in his orange grove. Maybe after 20 years the plants will take in the citrus aroma of oranges and give it off in the buds. Just a thought. Interesting if you ask me.

GOATNUTS

what year did this clone originally come from?

this might give you an idea of what the lineage might be...

G

I cant recall the year that KK discovered the strawberry cough, but I believe it was around 98-99?. If the story is true that this VT grower was growing it for years on his land then it could be from around the late 70's early 80's.

guerilla

lucky13

Ok first off I understand this is my first post on your forum. so i'm sure i am going to bring out a bunch of people calling me a idiot ect.

I just wanted to help clear some things up over and in the ganja world in general since I know whe kyle got his cut from in the first place then he proceeded to make up a huge b.s story of it lineage.. for what reason I do not know. I am guessing to make himself sound cool and knowledgable.

As far as the strawberry fields.. well I hate to burst everyones bubble but if there even is a strain called strawberry fields It has nothing to do with the the "kushman" cut of cough that was GIFTED to Kyle by the person that brought it down to Hartford CT.from the mt. mansfield area of VT probably 3 years or so before kyle even got a taste of it.

the person that brought it down from VT is a pretty good friend of mine. and he insists the cut is just a nl5 x local VT blue haze. it make me sick to see the lies that kyles made up about the cut all just to make himself sound cool/smart. who would have thought his lie would go international?

I am not trying to stir the pot over here I am just trying to help people out who have been mis-lead by a idiot. and if anything the cut should be called the "coleslaw cough" named after the person who REALLY brought the cut down from VT and shared it with many people with out ever asking for dime for it.. instead it gets named after some greedy little fa#$#$t who lied to everyone to hype himself up.

Id love for Kyle to chime in on this also and try to explain himself. :moon:

lucky13

btw there sure is alot in his story that defies logic. #1 how in the world is a strain going to start to smell like strawbeeries from being grown next to them?

#2 the strawbs would have a hard time finishing outdoors in northern VT as would any haze for that matter.

P

pSi007

lucky13 said:
#2 the strawbs would have a hard time finishing outdoors in northern VT as would any haze for that matter.

Fo`real.. You cant grow a haze in Vermont outdoors. The outdoor herb dies in Tennessee around late October. For Vermont, it prob more like early to mid October when it needs to be picked. I know some outdoor guerilla farmers in Tennessee. They say "sativas are hard to grow b/c of killing frost".
I, on the other hand, live in California. Cali has the potential to grow outdoors till December. I would also doubt an outdoor "Haze" grower that far north.

G

lucky13 said:
btw there sure is alot in his story that defies logic. #1 how in the world is a strain going to start to smell like strawbeeries from being grown next to them?

Having spent a year in montpelier I can second that :joint:

G

the story above about how the cut came about, was not from K Kushman, the quote that Nevermind posted, which was a reply on OG, was written by the Glimmerman.

be nice if peeps gave credit were credit is due. and yeah your not gonna pick up a strawberry aroma and taste growin your weed next to any kind a berry, come on man, thats such BS, LOL.

until the newb showed up, ive never heard anything other then SF was a afghani, crossed with haze to make Strawberry cough. as with alot of cuts, theres lots of great stories.

to the best of my knowledge there are still plenty of growers that grow strawberry cough from seed back east and prolly else where. I believe awhile back Rez actually got hold of some SC seed from back east.

ive talked with many for years now on SC, and ive heard of it havin a soapy taste, and i get plants in the seedline i been messin with for years now, that have that soapy taste. many a toker of the cough back east have described the soapy thing goin on, as well as a unripe berry plant.

other then that i dont know shit, LOL

in my mind SC is a afghani X haze.

CBF

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
She does have a tight, tight heavy bud pack with some hazy looking leaves. A very berry smell to her. Regardless of where she came from, and I'd like to see credit given where credit is due, she is some very good smokes.

lucky13

Cedarberry said:
the story above about how the cut came about, was not from K Kushman, the quote that Nevermind posted, which was a reply on OG, was written by the Glimmerman.

be nice if peeps gave credit were credit is due. and yeah your not gonna pick up a strawberry aroma and taste growin your weed next to any kind a berry, come on man, thats such BS, LOL.

until the newb showed up, ive never heard anything other then SF was a afghani, crossed with haze to make Strawberry cough. as with alot of cuts, theres lots of great stories.

to the best of my knowledge there are still plenty of growers that grow strawberry cough from seed back east and prolly else where. I believe awhile back Rez actually got hold of some SC seed from back east.

ive talked with many for years now on SC, and ive heard of it havin a soapy taste, and i get plants in the seedline i been messin with for years now, that have that soapy taste. many a toker of the cough back east have described the soapy thing goin on, as well as a unripe berry plant.

other then that i dont know shit, LOL

in my mind SC is a afghani X haze.

CBF

the "kushman cut" or so its called was clone only to begin with and long before kryle go it. there never was any beans unless somebody selfed it at some time after the fact.. im guessing this talk of beans is just more of his bs story

Burt

Veteran
soapy/incense like smell and taste-imagine the DANKEST/FRESHEST mexi sativa-and it is a quite approximation imo-room smells like incense after a session
S1's are quite uniform but my slection didn't carry over the soaring potency-will grow out another dozen next week and pick another mom-the smell and taste alone are worth it-good daytime/wake-n-bake

G

lucky13 said:
Ok first off I understand this is my first post on your forum. so i'm sure i am going to bring out a bunch of people calling me a idiot ect.

I just wanted to help clear some things up over and in the ganja world in general since I know whe kyle got his cut from in the first place then he proceeded to make up a huge b.s story of it lineage.. for what reason I do not know. I am guessing to make himself sound cool and knowledgable.

As far as the strawberry fields.. well I hate to burst everyones bubble but if there even is a strain called strawberry fields It has nothing to do with the the "kushman" cut of cough that was GIFTED to Kyle by the person that brought it down to Hartford CT.from the mt. mansfield area of VT probably 3 years or so before kyle even got a taste of it.

the person that brought it down from VT is a pretty good friend of mine. and he insists the cut is just a nl5 x local VT blue haze. it make me sick to see the lies that kyles made up about the cut all just to make himself sound cool/smart. who would have thought his lie would go international?

I am not trying to stir the pot over here I am just trying to help people out who have been mis-lead by a idiot. and if anything the cut should be called the "coleslaw cough" named after the person who REALLY brought the cut down from VT and shared it with many people with out ever asking for dime for it.. instead it gets named after some greedy little fa#$#$t who lied to everyone to hype himself up.

Id love for Kyle to chime in on this also and try to explain himself. :moon:

We need more members like you, but sadly they are growing fewer and fewer by the day. Most dont care about the truth anymore, just fairy tales.

A tip for you young guys, dont believe everything you read. Understand the psychology of these boards, and notice the daily attempts of individuals to gain some sort of a reputation for themselves by claiming to have the latest flavor of cannabis that week. Everybody wants to be a pot star, but stars arent born over night and there is no substitute for experience and hard work.

Somebody who cares what is in their gardens, who cares about the real truth behind the origins of their stock do not want suspect genetics. At the end of the day, its all about the smoke. Its either good, or its not.

And if its that good, nobody needs to hype that variety up to get rid of it. It will get rid of itself, if its truely that good.

G

RoastedO said:
Id like to know why you think Lucky13 is spouting the "truth"? I tried to find my old post when he was on here under another name talkin this nonsense. He was saying there never was a Strawberry Fields etcetc... I have personally smoked SF found it to be somewhat boring and light flavored.. Yes kinda strawberry candles smellin, looked like little strawberries. 1 step off from the beast IMO. Well over 10 years ago now too btw.....
Im all about the "truth" behind the genetics too but I prefer more validated sources before I base my opinions.

All the best,
RO
Hi Roasted,
Actually that member only has a handful of post, and none of them seemed to far out of the ordinary to me. As for the 'truth' about SF, I wouldnt know to be honest and I suspect very few do. Only those directly involved would know for sure. I never said lucky was telling the truth, that was a statement meant in the broadest of terms. I was more agreeing with the position lucky was taking on challenging the facts posted and showing the ability to think for himself rather then simply buying into whatever is posted and running with it as gospel truth.

take care Roasted0, I know you to be a good member of multiple forums.

RoastedO

outlawed420 said:
Hi Roasted,
Actually that member only has a handful of post, and none of them seemed to far out of the ordinary to me. As for the 'truth' about SF, I wouldnt know to be honest and I suspect very few do. Only those directly involved would know for sure. I never said lucky was telling the truth, that was a statement meant in the broadest of terms. I was more agreeing with the position lucky was taking on challenging the facts posted and showing the ability to think for himself rather then simply buying into whatever is posted and running with it as gospel truth.

take care Roasted0, I know you to be a good member of multiple forums.
Right on my man :D.. I deleted that post after because I realised I've had too much coffee..lol! I do agree %100 with what your saying tho. Im just hyper suspicious of people that join the board and immediatly commense with the "I know more than all of you" attitude, with no substantial proof to back them up. If I hadn't seen/smoked Strawberry Fields 1st hand I wouldn't have even noticed..

All the best,
RO