What's new

Iraqi Pilgrim

Hempy McNoodle

Greetings All,

This is a strain from Derg Corra Collective. I believe the seeds were likely collected during the Annual Arba'een Pilgrimage (the largest human migration in the world!). Here is the breeders description:

"These seeds were collected by my friend Hasan, when he was on a pilgrimage, in Iraq, back in the summer of 2016. They did smoke weed in every little town they came to, and most of the weed contained more or less seeds. I have asked him several times, if he he would bring back some seeds for me, and this time i was lucky. He brought me a bag with close to 200 seeds.I grew out 10 seeds and found 2 nice males and i chosed 3 good looking females for this project. Two of the mothers was broad leaf indicas and the last one was leaning more towards a sativa dominated hybrid. Both males used was indica dominated.

The floweringtime on these are 8-10 week and the yield is above medium.

The fragrance is coffie/earth/fuel and black hashish.

Expect a stoned/relaxed effect from this iraqi

Some phenoes will show purple/black colors the last 2-3 weeks of flowering"

I planted one seed (non-feminized). Using a new 'visual' gender identification technique, I selected a seed which I hope to be female. The seed germinated within 24 hours, in a moist paper towel on a heat mat in a plastic bag, left unsealed. The plant will be grown indoors organically under a Optic 1XL COB LED with another one next to it. I'm trying a new setup in which the plant will share a 25gallon fabric pot with two other plants (1 Granddaddy Purple (fem) and 1 Pre-98 Bubba Kush (fem)). And, next to it, I have a similar setup with 3 Pakistani Chitral Kush (fems) from Ace Seeds.

I have not seen any grow report for these or any Iraqi plants. I'm not sure if these are technically "landrace," or not, but I figured some folks here might like to see them grow and get a smoke report when they are all finished up. And, of course it would be great for anyone to chime in and share thoughts or experiences related to Iraqi Cannabis or Derg Corra Colective.

So, for your enjoyment, I present: Iraqi Pilgrim

Seedling

Check out my thread on how I've been identifying female seeds:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=375628

Thesearch

looking forward to seeing this! jc are there trusted sources for buying the derg corra collective seeds?

therevverend

Veteran
Those caught my eye a couple months back, curious how they turn out. Saw it on Seedheaven, the Chocolate Diesel looks nice too. Derg Corra comes up with some interesting stuff. They're northern European, Denmark, which has always had a dedicated group of old time growers. With fast flowering northern outdoor strains and middle eastern landrace type stuff. I believe Aunt of Farouk was one of theirs originally. It seems like the Iraqi will have a slightly shorter flowering time. I'd like to try it out if I get the chance.

Dogtown

Hi Hempy McNoodle, just found this thread! Nice you are growing this variety! I bet you will like it, the Iraq is a special plant. I've grown this one last year outdoors at 50° lat. If you don't mind I can post a brief report on this one included pictures.

all best for your grow!

Hempy McNoodle

Hi Hempy McNoodle, just found this thread! Nice you are growing this variety! I bet you will like it, the Iraq is a special plant. I've grown this one last year outdoors at 50° lat. If you don't mind I can post a brief report on this one included pictures.

all best for your grow!

Greetings Dogtown!

Yes, please share. I think many folks here would like to see.

Cheers!:tiphat:

Dogtown

Thank you Hempy McNoodle, here we go:

I was wondering there we're no reports on that Iraq Pilgrim and I was really curious how she would perform outdoors. I had the Iraq Pilgrim last year outdoors at 50° lat. and I was really impressed by this strain. Here's a short grow report.

Beginning of April the 'Iraq Pilgrim' was germinated and got transplanted at the beginning of May. She grew on a guerilla spot in native soil mixed with some vermiculite, perlite, homemade compost including biochar, compost tea and got mulched with nettle and comfrey which was sprayed with lactic acid bacteria so that the decomposition through the microorganisms works faster (had to mulch 3x times in through the whole season). She was a true beauty I liked her growing structure and the leaf shape in growing period very much. The maroon stigmas in which turned in growing period was very impressive, never saw stigmas turning maroon while the whole plant was green. This makes me realize again on how many different traits you can have a look when breeding with this fantastic plant! Middle of August she started flowering and the aroma she developed since the beginning of flowering was complex something like coffee diesel earth, not easy to describe, while it changed over the flowering period into a citrus, sweet hashish like aroma, which smelled really good. She had a strong odor over the flowering period. In the middle of the flowering period the whole plant turned slowly into a beautiful purple dress. The resin production was high. She got more or less 2,20m tall and was harvested at middle of October. The buds we're something in between fluffy and hard. She showed a good mold resistance, lost about 5% on mold, but the weather was absolutely bad for harvesting season, a lot of rain and high humidity, while the summer was extreme hot with almost no rain and the drought resistance of this strain is also pretty good. She grew at 50° latitude. Made some crosses with Turkish (TRSC), UEL and Durban Amazing Special (thanks @Arnold. ), Lebanese (TRSC), PCK x Erdpurt (own cross)...

The citrus aroma which fills the whole room when opening the jar is gorgeous! The buds taste as they smell extremely delicious. The head high is dominant and strong and after one hour your calm down and the high change into a relaxed high in body and mind. When smoking in small doses it's good for different outdoor activities cleaning, paper work, reading, listen to music. In high dosage you better have a couch or something similar in touching distance, imagine laying on the couch listening to music being so comfortable that you don't even think about moving and while drifting in your thoughts you getting more and more tired and..... after a few hours waking up and the music still play's or the vinyl stopped hours ago and then take another load and play again
biggrin.png

The taste improves when giving her enough time to cure. All in all a impressive beautiful strain which is suitable for northern climates easy care.

'Iraq Pilgrim' (thanks to @Bald Monkey and Hassan for making this strain available)

IP.jpg

IP-leaf.jpg

IP-stigmas.jpg

IP-pollination.jpg

Dogtown

Iraq Pilgrim cured Hash dry sieved with 100micron very creamy, this one's is a great cultivar for making hashish
P1020055.jpg

P1020068.jpg

I took out 1 year cured buds and I couldn't believe what I was smelling. It smells of strawberry with creamy undertones and hints of citrus fruits. I'm totally amazed by this smell, so I opened the glass several times to enjoy this full body smell. After a few weeks, this variety already smelled great, but the longer you let it go, the more the aromas refine.

P1080910.jpghttp:

Thanks for taking time to read through, hope you enjoyed it and would be nice to see some more growing this special cultivar, it's worth it
Dogtown

Hempy McNoodle

Wow, thanks for the report dogtown! Just Gorgeous! How many Iraqi Pilgrims did you grow there? Incredible coloration on the plants and the buds. ..Kind of blue-ish looking. And that hash looks amazing, too!

I actually attempted to grow an Iraqi Pilgrim outdoors last season, but the seed sprouted twins and one was too small and the other lab tested as a male and was discarded. But the larger one had a beautiful blue-ish hue to him.

Hempy McNoodle

Here is my Iraqi Pilgrim at just shy of two weeks old.

She seems to be off to a slow start and also seems to be growing asymmetrically. As you can see in this photo, only one of the second set of leaves have emerged so far. She has a very sturdy and vigorous quality to her. My photography skills are not what they could be. The colors are a bit off in the pic. She is a much darker deeper green and the veins of the leaves are much more lavender looking in real life.

For a growth rate comparison, here is a Pakistani Chitral Kush plant that sprouted the same day as the Iraqi Pilgrim..

Pakistani Chitral Kush

therevverend

Veteran
Thanks for the info Dogtown you told me exactly what I needed to know. I'm at 47 degrees N so the mold resistance is important. I can tell from your pictures the weather was rough her last couple weeks but she still pulled through. And you gave her chance instead of hacking early. Nice work.

Hempy McNoodle

Iraqi Pilgrim @2 Weeks

Iraqi Pilgrim @2 Weeks

Hello and happy new year everybody!

I thought I'd do an update at just around two weeks in. The plant is very sturdy and beautiful, but has a leaf development that is new to me. I am hard pressed to call this plant deformed. I actually think it is meant to be this way. Take a look at the 'fluted' stalk on this young plant. Has anyone seen plants like this that shoot their leaves out one at a time rather than in pairs?

What say you all? Is this plant deformed or perfectly fine? I intend to leave it and let it continue to develop. I suspect this will be a very slow growing, but very robust indica.

Latest posts

Latest posts