What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How should I administer CalMag?

xklaa

Hi there!
As an user suggested me on another thread, I should administrate some CalMag to my plant "to avoid future brownishing spots".

Following i'll post a picture of the actual state of my plant.
I just have few questions about it.

• How many CalMag should I add in the water solution ?
  • Can I add CalMag to my water and BioBizz BioGrow solution and mix 'em all togheter?
  • How many times should I administrate the CalMag to the plant? Is it a once in a while use or should I use it every time I water my plant (every 3 days).

Thanks in advance for you attention.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0421.jpg
    IMG_0421.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0437.jpg
    IMG_0437.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0430.jpg
    IMG_0430.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 70

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Bring your tap water up to ec 0.4 with it.
I don't really see any Ca problems. Everything is purple. That 0.4 is nice to find at the tap though. Some have it come that way, while others have to raise it to that.

The thumbnails make the center of the leaf look darker and the outsides lighter. Maybe some colour loss between the veins like little stripes. That looks like something else, but under this light I'm not going to comment.

NeDank

I have personally used BioThrive CalMag+ with their gro and bloom and had no issues. Also if you need a quick dose of calmag Epsome Salts work fine. I add about 1/2-1 tbs per gallon of water every watering.

smilley

Veteran
Nice looking plant xklaa. I use 5 ml per gallon every watering after the pants become comfortable with regular feeding. Veg thru flower right up to discontinuance of feeding. I like it because it supplies a little extra nitrogen. With Pure Blend Pro.

xklaa

Bring your tap water up to ec 0.4 with it.
I don't really see any Ca problems. Everything is purple. That 0.4 is nice to find at the tap though. Some have it come that way, while others have to raise it to that.

The thumbnails make the center of the leaf look darker and the outsides lighter. Maybe some colour loss between the veins like little stripes. That looks like something else, but under this light I'm not going to comment.

Hi there!
Thanks for your reply! Apologize for my ingorance in this field, but what do you mean with "bring ... up to ec 0.4 with it"?

xklaa

I have personally used BioThrive CalMag+ with their gro and bloom and had no issues. Also if you need a quick dose of calmag Epsome Salts work fine. I add about 1/2-1 tbs per gallon of water every watering.

HI there NeDank!
Thank you for the reply. So do you think that I should administrate BioBizz Calmag to every water?

xklaa

Nice looking plant xklaa. I use 5 ml per gallon every watering after the pants become comfortable with regular feeding. Veg thru flower right up to discontinuance of feeding. I like it because it supplies a little extra nitrogen. With Pure Blend Pro.

Hi there smilley!
Thank you for your attention and for your reply. Would you suggest me to use CalMag at every watering?

xklaa

Can I mix BioBizz CalMag to BioBizz BioGrow in the water solution and make a single one to water my plant with?