What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~Star Crash~ Original Haze ...

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Koondense

Veteran
Seems a flat stem plant was kept in the selection, I remember someone stating that before. Not sure if it was MadMac or SamS though, probably Sam.

Cheers

funkyhorse

Master Star Crash, some words from the master himself, I hope it helps
MadMac,
What you call O Haze Predator Haze where did the seeds come from? I ask because one of my favorite haze mother clones I used to make Kgs of O Haze seeds was also fasciated I used it for 25 years as I like the progeny it gave when I grew them out, I found a few fasciated progeny from them.
She was a funny clone because when small it was not really fasciated but when taller than 3-5 feet it would become fasciated every time, primarally on the middle stock on top.
To be honest the fasciated flower was a bit smaller bracts and a bit less resin then the unfasciated parts of the plant, but I did love the smoke and resin.
I grow my plants 12-15 feet tall in my greenhouse, especially for evealuations of from seed plants I like big plants so you can see what they are capable of if allowed to grow max size. Also it allows full expression of flowers size and resin head size.
If I take a small meristem 1-2 inches and flower it off in a test tube in vitro, and collect the resin heads they are smaller than the same clones resin heads on a 12 foot tall plant, the bracts are bigger also in the 12 foot tall plant. I like big bracts with big resin heads.
I like to trial for evealuations big plants even if they will only be mass produced as clones 3-5 feet tall in later years

-SamS.

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Two of the hazes are doing this it’s kind of cool

Two of the hazes are doing this it’s kind of cool

Master Star Crash, some words from the master himself, I hope it helps

:bow: Thanks This is what I googled >>
What is Fasciation? So exactly what is fasciation in flowers anyway? Fasciation literally means banded or bundled. Scientists aren’t sure what causes the deformity, but they believe it is probably caused by a hormonal imbalance. This imbalance may be the result of a random mutation, or it can be caused by insects, diseases or physical injury to the plant. Think of it as a random occurrence. It doesn’t spread to other plants or other parts of the same plant. The result of fasciation is thick, often flattened, stems and large flowers or flower heads with far more than the usual number of flowers. The extent of fasciation deformation of flowers depends on where the damage occurs. Fasciations close to the ground affect a larger portion of the plant.

Read more at Gardening Know How: What Is Fasciation – Information About Fasciation In Flowers https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/fasciation-in-flowers.htm

Last edited:

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran

purpleplayer007

Star Crash lookin good like always. its looks like you have plenty of height to work with. are you planning on training them at all. the stetching always amazes me on the pure ones. you know what your doing.. they always take good to tying em down left and right as much as you need to even in flower cuz they stretch so much. those hids resly penetrate those tall ass hazes so thats a plus vs using leds