What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~Star Crash~ Original Haze ...

funkyhorse

I hope I am not misunderstood, when I mean marihuana McDonalds my meaning is you get the same kind of high and taste like a big mac all over the world has the same taste anywhere and you need to put a lot of ketchup in order to swallow it. The existence of ketchup is guilty of this stuff happening:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-10/lab-meat-is-getting-closer-to-supermarket-shelves

Haze seems to be a grass fed steak of the highest quality. But I am also curious about modern hybrids though and I try some of them. From my pack of Fighting Buddha I am expecting to obtain some marihuana irish pub burger quality served with crispy thick chips and a belgium trappist beer, no less quality than that. You guys are scientist who know plenty stuff from the science of breeding cannabis and I expect this knowledge being reflected on the strains you make.

At the end of the day VG, we are doing basically the same thing. Sex in small pots and flower in bigger pots. I also grow THH in 12 liter pots. I just let the plants grow, I dont scrog them. I do admire bonsai growing capabilities
My experience in veg so far is same like VG description, in veg they all look very much the same, OHz90's is also very similar to Seedsman Haze in veg. I have 5 Seedsman Haze from the original pack and from MadMac repro and they look pretty much the same
Seedsman Original Haze left and MM repro right

picture.php

And this is Seedsman Hz MM, Ohz 90s and Original Haze Seedsman, the difference in size is because the OHz90's is in a 10 liter pot
picture.php

I have 2 different THH repros(one from MadMac and another from a spaniard grower called Xiskito) and the males from both repros are showing before the girls. With Seedsman Haze is the same thing or girls and boys show sex at the same time?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hope I am not misunderstood, .......

At the end of the day VG, we are doing basically the same thing. Sex in small pots and flower in bigger pots. I also grow THH in 12 liter pots. I just let the plants grow, I dont scrog them. I do admire bonsai growing capabilities
My experience in veg so far is same like VG description, in veg they all look very much the same, OHz90's is also very similar to Seedsman Haze in veg. I have 5 Seedsman Haze from the original pack and from MadMac repro and they look pretty much the same
Seedsman Original Haze left and MM repro right

View Image

Hey funkyhorse, i agree :tiphat:, it just kind of tickled me to post my short-ass plants below your tall ones lol. we all tailor the way we grow to our space, resources and preferences.. and i love to see people show enthusiasm for their methods. at the end of the day the important thing is to grow the plant well within our chosen style.

I use bonsai techniques for mother plants (centred around constricted roots) but my modular scrog plants are not small plants - they are large plants grown in a small space!.

You are right about root space - if i'm growing for production or seeds i will use the biggest pots i can fit into my cabs - and the bigger they are the better the plant grows imo.. but yes smaller pots up until sexing speeds things up a bit too (i also vegged my haze plants at 12/12)

Your greenhouse grown plants look lovely !

here is the mexi pheno grown again from clone in a bigger cab (3ft high lol) flowered at 12/12 - you can see how the flowering time is going to be a few weeks longer. They need SOME Nitrogen, but i find keeping it low and letting it become in short supply towards the end really helps them ripen rather than just keep flowering on and on forever

At 10.5 weeks, i think it took 14 or 15 that run.
picture.php

and at 3 weeks:
picture.php

VG

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What about a gradual transplant ? I can go from cups to 2 L up to 5 L etc ... Usually the plant tells me when it needs a larger container...

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For sure, thats always how i work when vegging plants (i don't have the space to put small plants straight into their 'big' pots - and i believe you get better root mass from multiple timely transplants)
So it doesn't matter so much what size pot the plant is in when you move onto flower cycle and await the first signs of which sex it is - what you want at that stage is the roots to have filled the pot that they are currently in and will soon start to become root-bound.
For some reason plants will start to flower a little more quickly when they are rootbound - its the same old-school trick when growing tomatoes - you leave them in a smaller pot until the first flower-truss has formed... and then pot them on or plant them out... This way you get fruit a fair bit lower down the plant than if you'd up-potted it before flower set.
Having said all that... you generally want to be ready to up-pot pretty sharpish as soon as you can sex them... if you leave them too long they get too root-bound and will struggle to recover.
Because the haze is so long flowering though... you can usually get away with waiting until the plants have budded up a bit and then they carry on stretching and filling out (and flowering) after the up-pot.

if you are trying to save time and space, you could consider vegging at 12/12 and flowering at 10/14. Flowering response is quicker and stronger, and the height and flwering time is reduced.

VG :tiphat:

JohnnyChicago

Hey Star, nice to see you growing the Haze. Look at MadMac grows for tipps for growing the Haze or nlds. I saw him growing his Zamal I guess in a large fabric bag. Tried the same with my panama x OHaze cut and grew it in 45l soil indoor. That's something I want to try with OHaze too.

Vegged the clones for few weeks I guess. Then sent into flowering. But not sure any veg is needed with pure Haze.
Left 19l pot, right 45l soil
picture.php

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I am also a fan of several small increment up-pottings. It really encourages growth, plant and roots. Growing long flowering sativa's though, I just leave them in the small half gallon pot until sex.

Some down right beautiful Hazes posted in this thread, well done!

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Star, nice to see you growing the Haze. Look at MadMac grows for tipps for growing the Haze or nlds. I saw him growing his Zamal I guess in a large fabric bag. Tried the same with my panama x OHaze cut and grew it in 45l soil indoor. That's something I want to try with OHaze too.

Vegged the clones for few weeks I guess. Then sent into flowering. But not sure any veg is needed with pure Haze.
Left 19l pot, right 45l soil
View Image

Absolutely gorgeous JC! Kudos Brutha!

I am also a fan of several small increment up-pottings. It really encourages growth, plant and roots. Growing long flowering sativa's though, I just leave them in the small half gallon pot until sex.

Some down right beautiful Hazes posted in this thread, well done!

View Image View Image View Image[/QU OTE]

Have you ever noticed some of these cultivars heavy heavy droop during "dark"? My medicine man from shanti would droop at dark then pray at lights on. I've been given an opportunity to try fat ? mango

Trying to get my Haze feeding down without overfeeding & avoiding burnt tips and yet still maintaining healthy color ... ^^^ droopiest plant I had in the last four years was “Hammers Kush” after you watered her. She was killer, not sure why some do that ... So I have another room with 6000 watts and more space just waiting to get fired up ... will be the “Sativa room”:sasmokin:

TheDarkStorm

Let Me know when you guys get tired of these Ohaze pictures ...

How many seeds did you plant star crash ? Thats the first one ive seen from recent seeds that looks like that....did you or anyone else get any others like that....? They look good...