What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~Star Crash~ Original Haze ...

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
A great start bro.
wishing you the best of success with them! What size containers will you use to flower them in ?

Az

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
excellent, i grew two of these out a while back and had great fun, got a mexi pheno and a thai pheno.

Looks like a great start !

VG

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A great start bro.
wishing you the best of success with them! What size containers will you use to flower them in ?

Az
Hello Azad;)I will probably use 2 liter pots of coco
excellent, i grew two of these out a while back and had great fun, got a mexi pheno and a thai pheno.

Looks like a great start !

VG
Hey Verdant Thanks for stopping , by if you still have pics you can post them here:flowers2: for us to see

funkyhorse

This thread should be called Learning to grow haze
I see you are a very experienced gourmet beef cooker and eater and as such I do hope you dont use ketchup on your beef
I also could see from old posts that you are a very experienced grower of modern and indica strains and in my little experience from commercial hyped up strains which I call marihuana macdonalds ready in 60 days I see there is no difference in quality if you grow all these modern stuff at different pot sizes

The reason I started growing is because now back where I came to live after 30 years in Asia, money cant buy decent ganja anymore, it is all marihuana mcdonalds and I smoked all my life tropical sativas and that is what I like, so if I want to keep smoking sativas I need to grow them myself and I am learning

Back in the 80's when all was grown around here were pure unhybridized sativas, it was common knowledge that the bigger the plant, the better quality the bud is.

These are pictures of my "Mango Thai" males batch 2019
They are both in light mix soil and after I used them to repro a couple branches of one of the sisters, I just keep them to see what they do but soon I chop them, if I would keep them they need an urgent uppotting
This male is at 5 liter pot, he is 2,7 meter high, he is just 44 days old and was sent to the flower room for sexing at 25 cms height
picture.php

And this one is at 3,5 liter pot, the pot is restraining his size a little, same age as his brother he is just a little over 2,2 meters high
picture.php

I am currently sexing some hazes at different pot sizes: 1,3 liters, 5 liters and 10 liters. I sex at 1,3 liters because I dont have any more space in the flower room and I am doing it staggered, more hazes waiting at veg and a few more seeds waiting to be sprouted
The plants on the 10 liter pots are clearly the happier ones. All of them are in a light mix soil: peat moss with some mushroom compost and a little bit of perlite
Once sexed, all girls will go to at least 20 liter pots which is the minimum size I use for sativas

Star Crash, what is the logic behind growing your Seedsman Hazes at 2 liter pots?
Do you grow them for making a seed repro?
How many grams will you obtain from a 2 liter pot plant? I flowered sativas in 1,3 liters and 0,5 liters too, and it was the same job and effort as growing a 20 liter pot plant but I didnt even get a 10th of smoking product of the big pot with both little pots combined, not to mention the difference in quality because for these sativas a bigger plant should give you better quality

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking forward to seeing those go. Especially that extra fuzzy girl! :D

:lurk:

Subbed and here to learn. Best of luck Star.

Peace
F2F

This thread should be called Learning to grow haze
I see you are a very experienced gourmet beef cooker and eater and as such I do hope you dont use ketchup on your beef
I also could see from old posts that you are a very experienced grower of modern and indica strains and in my little experience from commercial hyped up strains which I call marihuana macdonalds ready in 60 days I see there is no difference in quality if you grow all these modern stuff at different pot sizes

The reason I started growing is because now back where I came to live after 30 years in Asia, money cant buy decent ganja anymore, it is all marihuana mcdonalds and I smoked all my life tropical sativas and that is what I like, so if I want to keep smoking sativas I need to grow them myself and I am learning

Back in the 80's when all was grown around here were pure unhybridized sativas, it was common knowledge that the bigger the plant, the better quality the bud is.

These are pictures of my "Mango Thai" males batch 2019
They are both in light mix soil and after I used them to repro a couple branches of one of the sisters, I just keep them to see what they do but soon I chop them, if I would keep them they need an urgent uppotting
This male is at 5 liter pot, he is 2,7 meter high, he is just 44 days old and was sent to the flower room for sexing at 25 cms height
View Image

And this one is at 3,5 liter pot, the pot is restraining his size a little, same age as his brother he is just a little over 2,2 meters high
View Image

I am currently sexing some hazes at different pot sizes: 1,3 liters, 5 liters and 10 liters. I sex at 1,3 liters because I dont have any more space in the flower room and I am doing it staggered, more hazes waiting at veg and a few more seeds waiting to be sprouted
The plants on the 10 liter pots are clearly the happier ones. All of them are in a light mix soil: peat moss with some mushroom compost and a little bit of perlite
Once sexed, all girls will go to at least 20 liter pots which is the minimum size I use for sativas

Star Crash, what is the logic behind growing your Seedsman Hazes at 2 liter pots?
Do you grow them for making a seed repro?
How many grams will you obtain from a 2 liter pot plant? I flowered sativas in 1,3 liters and 0,5 liters too, and it was the same job and effort as growing a 20 liter pot plant but I didnt even get a 10th of smoking product of the big pot with both little pots combined, not to mention the difference in quality because for these sativas a bigger plant should give you better quality
Good morning guys
I have plenty of container sizes available for me at my disposal, I don’t really have the answers for any of these questions as I am making it up as they go along:dance013: :biglaugh: I live in the north east of the USA it is the winter time and I have limited space inside I feel privileged to be growing the Ohaze, I’m going to see if I can keep them under control inside and I am going to take a cut and I am going to establish sex and then I am going to flower out the cuts and then I am going to probably do some kind of pollination project

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Verdant Thanks for stopping by, if you still have pics you can post them here for us to see
The seedsman haze is from Sam Skunkman stock.

I did a micro grow with them (i like a challenge :) - but funkyhorse ain't gonna like this! )
Flowered them out at 10/14 in a 2ft tall cabinet... scrog style under LED. Kept the N down and got them sexed in smaller pots to speed up the response before potting them on into 12 litre pots IIRC they took 12-13 weeks.

Initially vegged 6 and got 1 male (males seem scarce in these lines so if you get one keep it lol)
i wont post too many pics in your thread, here is a link to the gallery

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=22624

Mexi pheno
picture.php

Thai pheno
picture.php

picture.php

and one of the scrog screens in mid flower:
picture.php

i made some seeds too, and a friend of mine is growing some atm, or just about to start... i'll leave it up to him if he wants to 'out' himself lol
VG

Last edited:

Zero Hedge

Veteran
Hello, "m so stoked you're making this thread. I've just popped some beans and I have questions about growing hazes. You mention above:
I’m going to see if I can keep them under control inside and I am going to take a cut and I am going to establish sex and then I am going to flower out the cuts and then I am going to probably do some kind of pollination project
I sort of hate asking noob questions but I really am not clear about this ... why take cuts? Why not flower out the seedlings, especially since you've already established sex with them? I guess that it's quicker to flower from an already sexed cut, but I want to know if that's what's being done.
Thank you so much and again, I really appreciate sitting in on this thread as it progresses
:D

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The seedsman haze is from Sam Skunkman stock.

I did a micro grow with them (i like a challenge :) - but funkyhorse ain't gonna like this! )
Flowered them out at 10/14 in a 2ft tall cabinet... scrog style under LED. Kept the N down and got them sexed in smaller pots to speed up the response before potting them on into 12 litre pots IIRC they took 12-13 weeks.

Initially vegged 6 and got 1 male (males seem scarce in these lines so if you get one keep it lol)
i wont post too many pics in your thread, here is a link to the gallery

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=22624

Mexi pheno
View Image
Thai pheno
View Image
View Image

and one of the scrog screens in mid flower:
View Image

i made some seeds too, and a friend of mine is growing some atm, or just about to start... i'll leave it up to him if he wants to 'out' himself lol
VG
I’m pretty sure mine is also from Sam via Johnny Chicago and yes I enjoy your pictures so please continue to post and yes I’m probably going to go for something similar to your style
Hello, "m so stoked you're making this thread. I've just popped some beans and I have questions about growing hazes. You mention above:

I sort of hate asking noob questions but I really am not clear about this ... why take cuts? Why not flower out the seedlings, especially since you've already established sex with them? I guess that it's quicker to flower from an already sexed cut, but I want to know if that's what's being done.
Thank you so much and again, I really appreciate sitting in on this thread as it progresses
:D
welcome:smoker:I want to take cuts to preserve the line & keep the original seeds as the master plants , and work with &
flower out the cuts, that’s my current strategy

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’m pretty sure mine is also from Sam via Johnny Chicago and yes I enjoy your pictures so please continue to post and yes I’m probably going to go for something similar to your style

Thanks, the seed vial in your first post says 'Seedsman' if i'm reading it right... and there is a post from sam somewhere confirming he sold original haze stock to Seedsman... and TFD iirc

VG.

Montuno

...como el Son...

...Que ha pasado aquí?!? ...Estaba viendo un hilo sobre Hazes germinando, y de repente...me ha debido de volver a subir aquel tripi que me dieron hace más de 20 años...

Me gusta mucho la de las hojas finitas. Me recuerda mucho a como nacen las Durban Poison'70.
Tus cabras se van a poner locas de contentas.

Un saludo desde Sierra Morena, deseando que tus anteriores molestias físicas hayan desaparecido ya.

...What happened here?!? ...I was watching a thread about Hazes germinating, and suddenly...I must have got that trippy up again that I was given more than 20 years ago...

I really like the one with the thin leaves. It reminds me a lot of how the Durban Poison '70s were born.
Your goats are going to be crazy with happiness.

A greeting from Sierra Morena, wishing that your previous physical discomforts have already disappeared.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
...Que ha pasado aquí?!? ...Estaba viendo un hilo sobre Hazes germinando, y de repente...me ha debido de volver a subir aquel tripi que me dieron hace más de 20 años...

Me gusta mucho la de las hojas finitas. Me recuerda mucho a como nacen las Durban Poison'70.
Tus cabras se van a poner locas de contentas.

Un saludo desde Sierra Morena, deseando que tus anteriores molestias físicas hayan desaparecido ya.

...What happened here?!? ...I was watching a thread about Hazes germinating, and suddenly...I must have got that trippy up again that I was given more than 20 years ago...

I really like the one with the thin leaves. It reminds me a lot of how the Durban Poison '70s were born.
Your goats are going to be crazy with happiness.

A greeting from Sierra Morena, wishing that your previous physical discomforts have already disappeared.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
:bow::respect:
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Willing to come visit you just to smoke that bud:friends: You are over 3000 miles from me

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hope u don’t mind me sidetracking a little Star...

hiya VG - can u comment on smoke quality and notable plant differences (flower time, ovary and gland size, terps, etc) between the phenos you found?

Thanks in advance,
F2F

I welcome it:bump: This thread is wide-open

I wood

I welcome it:bump: This thread is wide-open

Well in that case, I’m in.
I’m no haze expert but I’m working on it.
Currently flowering;
4 tom hill hazes, 2 keepers about a year old and 2 new madmac repros.
5 green hazes from ace, 2 males and 3 females.
4 o haze from madmac, 1 male and 3 females.
Lots of seeds to be made with these and a male hmong thai I've been testing progeny of recently.

Haze is the thing i spent thirty years looking for without knowing it.
It is what works best for my body and my brain.

Montuno

...como el Son...
Willing to come visit you just to smoke that bud:friends: You are over 3000 miles from me

Mira, amigo. Así se ve parte mi valle en invierno: cerdos ibéricos andando libres en la dehesa.

Look, my friend. This is what my valley looks like in winter: Iberian pigs walking free in the pasture.

picture.php

picture.php

My dog "Tigre" looking for rabbits:

picture.php

picture.php

("Dehesa" es una especie de sabana africana, pero de encinas mediterráneas y alcornoques, principalmente, mucho mas abierta que el bosque mediterráneo propiamente dicho, de las zonas mas elevadas de la sierra).

("Dehesa" is a species of African savannah, but of Mediterranean oaks and cork oaks, mainly, much more open than the Mediterranean forest itself, of the highest areas of the sierra).
The "Dehesa" in 2 minutes: Iberian lynx fighting, wild bulls also fighting, vultures fighting, a kingfisher fishing, a hoopoe feeding a chick...
(Trailer the documentary: "La Dehesa: The Forest of the Iberian Lynx")

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3W401mdyhS0

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hope u don’t mind me sidetracking a little Star...

hiya VG - can u comment on smoke quality and notable plant differences (flower time, ovary and gland size, terps, etc) between the phenos you found?

Thanks in advance,
F2F

All the plants looked pretty identical in veg, the flower differences are best seen by looking at the pics, but the Thai had small wispy buds with large calyxs and the mex pheno has bigger long pointy buds with small calyxs. The high and terps wasn't massively different, both were all head high without a trace of body- stone as you would expect.. the thai was a bit more racy and trippy than the mex... and the thai pheno produced much smaller seeds than the mexi.

VG