What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Just Pullin' Weeds...

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
This winter I am popping some seeds, testing some clones, screwing around in general.

Maybe this thread will keep me more organized, we shall see.

I am in the middle of building out some areas and in the meantime I am going to use some 4x4 tents to veg out some seeds and some cuts. Get everything cloned and labeled all proper like. Then flower some out and see whats what.

Going to be a slow start as the plants veg but things are moving along and I have more seeds in water so I need to get cracking.

Here's some of what's on deck

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
yeah great Lester. I see you are running some new american Nirvana gear :D curious how it will go. I was eyeing their matanuska :D

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Hi MAHA KALA that flower is beautiful!

Got the seedlings transplanted into some nice soil and they are basking in the HPS glow. The plan is to go 12/12 from the start and back everything up. Once they show sex I will eliminate the males.

The Nirvana should be interesting. I defoliated and took cuts yesterday, they are starting flower now.

The Navy Cross is awesome. The structure on those plants are incredible! Stretchy plants that could very well be candidates for the best sog strain ever. Looking forward to reversing these two and hunting through the offspring. I will get some pics up...

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I agree MM is doing excellent work and I couldn't be more thankful to him for sharing.

The OTM x BBf4 freaking reeks of blueberries on the stem rub 2 weeks into flower. It also clones very fast.

Dj Short genetics are my favorite on the planet so I am stoked they are working these lines.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Damn nighttime temps are too low. Have to go get one of those electric oil filled radiator heaters. Set on low they keep things nice and are the safest bet.

Once I get the other flower area going I will have a 1k always running and that will even things out. Then I will use the heater in veg because the LED's do not push enough heat.

Found a couple spots of PM on a plant in the flower tent. Low nighttime temps and low humidity. Can't have that. Especially because I spray once a week to prevent PM. I normally use baking soda 1tsp/gal but lately I have been using Silica blast. Baking soda works better.

Thanks for stopping in everybody!

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn nighttime temps are too low. Have to go get one of those electric oil filled radiator heaters. Set on low they keep things nice and are the safest bet.

Once I get the other flower area going I will have a 1k always running and that will even things out. Then I will use the heater in veg because the LED's do not push enough heat.

Found a couple spots of PM on a plant in the flower tent. Low nighttime temps and low humidity. Can't have that. Especially because I spray once a week to prevent PM. I normally use baking soda 1tsp/gal but lately I have been using Silica blast. Baking soda works better.

Thanks for stopping in everybody!

I have been fighting a bit of a powdery mildew problem because I never shut down from the summer and I brought some in with me keeping it in check but it’s a pain in the ass and depressing

redlaser

Veteran
Plants are looking good Lester, interesting genetics. Have you ever tried pottasium bicarbonate instead of the baking soda for pm?
Baking soda will knock it back, but a disadvantage is that it is a salt and not an actual fungicide. Potassium bicarb is an actual fungicide and is listed for organic production.

Edit; the pott bicarb will also kill spores which the b.s. doesn’t as I understand it.

Anyway, dealing with a couple spots off and on myself due to temp swings and nutrient variances in organic soils.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Potassium Carbonate is also a salt.

I use baking soda as a preventative. I was using Silica Blast instead and that's where I went wrong.

One of the skunk plants seems to be the big attraction, and will be culled for that reason and the floppy stems. Just not a solid plant. Very little nose to her.

This Navy Cross is a beast of a plant. Getting some interesting smells on the stem rubs, chocolate, earth, and a mysterious deep funk. I am excited for these plants.

Star, same here and that's how I got it. My temp swings aren't helping. Cleaning everything and getting my environment in check is first priority. Just a few spots but I agree, they bug the heck out of me.

redlaser

Veteran
I do see potassium bicarb listed as a salty product as well. A little confusing because pott bicarb is supposedly sodium bicarb, with the sodium part exchanged for pottasium.

Like you say, used as a preventative rather than a cure is most effective. Sounds like the silica by itself or after the s bicarb might have desiccated some leaf for you.

Environment is 70-80% of the battle with pm in my estimation, but available nutrition plays a role as well. (IMO). I say that because plants I’ve had for three years problem free in same soil year to year had some occasional pm in dead air areas where they didn’t in the past.
I suspect an over application of crab meal and kelp threw things out of balance, but will confirm with a soil test for next time.

Too bad about the skunk not making the cut, Navy Cross sounds like it has some potential