What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Enough Time Left for Seeds to Ripen?

Eleutherios

I have a few late plants, that I would ideally like to collect seeds from. I would guess that I could leave them up for another week, though there is some hazard of mold. The seeds are full sized but still green. So basically my question is: if I were to leave them up for another week and then hang dry them, do you think that would be enough time for the seeds to become mature? I have about a dozen seeds left. It is Parvati Valley x Strawberry Cough, if you are curious.

PDX Dopesmoker

I have a seeded branch that was on plant that I wanted to finish, but I had to cut the plant because of stem rot near the base, so I put cut the branch off and put it in water and left it in the window sill to sit and hopefully grow out.

therevverend

Veteran
Leave them out as long as you can, the longer they go the more mature they'll be. I try to leave a couple other small branches around the seed branch to keep the plant alive at least. All my seed branches got hit by mold, I just harvested a limb from a plant I harvested Oct 1 because of mold. Picking seeds out of a wad of disgusting slime isn't fun but at least they're mature.

A couple years back a friend had a seed limb that turned into grey sludge. He already had plenty of seed off the plant so he threw the limb on the ground and forgot about it. In late February he had dozens of volunteers popping up with snow on the ground. The mice devoured all but two but the genetics from those volunteers are still around and awesome.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
To be sure you have to wait till the seeds are dark however long that is. If you want to harvest some of the plant to smoke and leave the heavily seeded areas to mature, that is a option. I have revegged plants with seeds and the seeds continued to mature under 24 hour light.

Latest posts

Latest posts