What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Iron-oxidising bacteria causing issues?

little-soldier

Hello fellow ICMAGERs,

Was wondering if someone ever experienced problems with iron-oxidising bacteria in hydroponics. I have great well water. tastes great and only has between 50-100ppm depending on the season. Thats all I drink. I can't even drink bottled water anymore. Thats how good my water is. Got it tested and everything is fine. Levels of iron is very low but I noticed iron slime in my faucet filter (barely any) and my toilet bowl has a slight orange tint to it if I don't wash it regularly . My plants are always being burned and even if I flush for 2-3 weeks before harvest, the weed doesn't burn properly/black as if it was not flushed at all. WONDERING IF THATS WHY I HAVE BEEN :wallbash:ing ever since I moved in. Hell, I even bought an RO filter but same problem :bashhead:

little-soldier

The ONLY WAY i can get smooth smoke is if I use a flushing agent (florakleen,flawless finish). BUT I even tried florakleen week 7, flawless finish week 8 and pure water week 9 and the smoke was shit. I REALLY NEED to finish with the flushing agent because pure water will just clog the roots (in my opinion). Plants are yellow as f#^& when they finish so I DEFFINATLY KNOW nitrogen is not my problem lol.

T

TakenByTheSky

You can try dumping bleach down your well then flushing it out thru the faucets.

Well water can be a nightmare. Mine used to change from the wet to dry months, I could never get on top of it. I have town water now and i like it because it's always consistent and already a good pH.