What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

seaweed/worm castings are all PGR

little-soldier

I see people everywhere bashing PGRs (plant growth regulator) but these same people are using earthworm castings, guanno and seaweed. All of which contains PGR which means that 90% of the weed out there is contaminated and yet nobody talks about it. Well I am here to talk about it lol.

BillFarthing

Veteran
earthworm castings, guanno and seaweed
90% of the weed out there is contaminated

What's the uncontaminated 10% that you are using to grow? Just because "Lil' Soulja" has had an account at ICMag for 13 years doesn't mean he can form any sort of intelligent thoughts about growing.

Well I am here to talk about it lol.

Yeah, you're probably talking to yourself with dumb brain diarrhea like that, bud.

Last edited:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Would much rather have earthworm castings, manures that break down easily vs. chemical synthetic nutrients any day of the week!

little-soldier

Wow, didn't know I was goanna get bashed by immature people who got offended cause they use the stuff and can't take food for thought. Call it PGR, call it biostimulants but these are all contain extra PGR. Any extra auxin, gibberellins, cytokinins or any other PGR will apparently stay in the plant up to 90 or 120 days, can't remember. I never mentionned anything about cancer but yes apparently Paclobutrazol causes cancer but none of the amendments I have mentionned above have Paclobutrazol in them. My 13 years of having an account here has nothing to do with anything. I just recently heard about seaweed having PGR and when I did a little research I found that worm castings and guanno does too. Since pretty much everyone uses the stuff which is why I said 90%, just thought I would stirr up a thoughtfull thread with smart open minded people but maybe ICMAG is not the place for this.

T

Teddybrae

Hmmm ... maybe ICMag is shit. Maybe, just maybe ... it's the WHOLE WORLD that's shit?!

Wow, didn't know I was goanna get bashed by immature people who got offended cause they use the stuff and can't take food for thought. Call it PGR, call it biostimulants but these are all contain extra PGR. Any extra auxin, gibberellins, cytokinins or any other PGR will apparently stay in the plant up to 90 or 120 days, can't remember. I never mentionned anything about cancer but yes apparently Paclobutrazol causes cancer but none of the amendments I have mentionned above have Paclobutrazol in them. My 13 years of having an account here has nothing to do with anything. I just recently heard about seaweed having PGR and when I did a little research I found that worm castings and guanno does too. Since pretty much everyone uses the stuff which is why I said 90%, just thought I would stirr up a thoughtfull thread with smart open minded people but maybe ICMAG is not the place for this.

little-soldier

Where in the whole world did I say biostimulants were SYNTHETIC. Chill out and give your big ego a little break would ya! Teddy is right, closed minded ego maniacs sure makes this world a a shit hole. Thats why you gotta vote for trump...Hope I didn't hit another nerve for ya Bill.

Maybe the replies are not what you want to hear, and some are quite blunt, but you are missing their points. You do not seem to understand the difference between natural PGR's and a synthetic PGR. The ones that are known to cause cancer are synthetic. The PGR's in worm castings and seaweed are not; they are natural and not known to cause cancer. That is what everyone here is saying. Is there something you need explained further? Just because something is a PGR doesn't mean its bad. There are certain PGR's(synthetic) that are known to be carcinogenic so they are avoided. Worm casting's and seaweed to not contain the carcinogenic PGR's.

little-soldier

Puffinpass according to some studies the only synthetic ones that most likely causes cancer are Paclobutrazol and Alar but most likely the same natural PGR would give cancer. I just wanted to know how you guys can sleep at night lol. Maybe I am a little overboard but when you start messing around with hormones, some weird things can start happening. Just look at all the hormones they put in your food like chicken for example. Sure they grow faster like when u give seaweed to your plants but in the end we are screwing around with mother nature and its goanna bite us back one day or another. Better be safe than sorry. Just my 2 cent. But hey no one seem to really care anyway so lets keep things up like they are and make this world the shit hole it's always been because of this virus called humans who think they can play god.

MindEater

That's where they term batshit crazy comes from. Damn hippies high on guano.

Honestly your taste buds and puke reflex will tell you if you're fucking up your crops or not. Haven't found a palatable chemical yet. Assuming your taste buds and puke reflex,aka your brain, works properly,which for most people they don't so most of you ,disregard this statement.

That's where they term batshit crazy comes from. Damn hippies high on guano.

Honestly your taste buds and puke reflex will tell you if you're fucking up your crops or not. Haven't found a palatable chemical yet. Assuming your taste buds and puke reflex,aka your brain, works properly,which for most people they don't so most of you ,disregard this statement.

Its nice to have such a well functioning, proper, person alive who can taste evil and lead us lay people to the promise land