What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2-Part Start-To-Finish Fertilizer

BillFarthing

Veteran
Here is my start to finish recipe and is how I get more than 2 lb./1k light with proper plant training. It works out to 4-1-5 NPK. Reducing K after week 6 gives a nice potency boost as well. Plants are flushed with an isotonic solution or plain water the last 2 weeks before flush.

Just a comment- High Phosphorus needed in American style growing with "bloom boosters" is a myth. It makes plants stretch, especially during transition. I get more weight by having the light proper distance from properly deleafed, short, stocky plants. Look at tissue samples to see what the plant really needs. You end up trying to flush excess P that makes flowers burn harsh and black and it's bad for groundwater, rivers and lakes.

RECIPE

2 Liter H20- 12-18 ml/gallon final solution ~1.0-1.5 final EC

Part A:

Calcium Nitrate (Yara Liva Greenhouse Grade): 299g
Magnesium Nitrate (Haifa Multi-K greenhouse grade): 8g
40 ml fulvic acid
20 ml pyroligneous acid

Part B:

Magnesium Sulfate (magriculture MgSO4): 177g
Potassium Sulfate: 105g
Monopotassium Phosphate (Haifa Multi-MKP): 23g
Chelated Micros: 15.3g
40 ml fulvic
20 ml pyroligneous acid

Yields by ppm:

N (NO3-) 120 P 14 K 144 Ca 150 Mg 50 S 110 Fe 2.8 Zn 0.16 B 0.527 Cu 0.041 Mo 0.024 Na 0 Si 0 Cl 0 Mn 0.811

Ratios:
N: P2O5: K2O 1: 0.25: 1.35, N: K 1: 1.12, Ca: Mg 1: 0.33, K: Ca 1:1.04

cyat

Veteran
Bill , much thanks to you for sharing!!

This recipe is for making two different gallons of concentrated solution?

I’ve been using the fulvic and liquid smoke as Foliars and root feeding. Very happy so far . I’m always excited to learn new things ! Your not ratios remind me of ionic nutrients a little with the low p. Canna too

bigAl25

Veteran
Here's my 2 part fertilizer start to finish because it's simple as hell: Maxigrow then Maxibloom. I ditched the Fox farm bottles of liquid and all those beastie bloom cans, it was just too much stuff. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

BillFarthing

Veteran
Bill , much thanks to you for sharing!!

This recipe is for making two different gallons of concentrated solution?

I’ve been using the fulvic and liquid smoke as Foliars and root feeding. Very happy so far . I’m always excited to learn new things ! Your not ratios remind me of ionic nutrients a little with the low p. Canna too

Technically, this recipe should fit in a 1000ml bottle, but I stretched it out to 2000ml so I didn't have to warm/shake the heck out of it. You can put it in 4L of water, but double the dosage. 1.0-1.5 EC final concentration.

Mr. Fulvic (not chemically extracted leonardite) and liquid smoke rocks. Both products have a ton of organic acids. I wonder what would happen if I added citric and lactic acid too!

And low P fertilizer is legit. I swear the hydro store brands sell bloom boosters just so they can flush them out.

picture.php

Last edited:

Legalcdn

Bill, nice recipe. So low P is not an issue start to finish..nice.. what's your opinion on the standard PPM of micros at:
FE 2
ZN .3
MO .05
B .3
MN 1
CU .2

Your blend sits at:

Fe 2.8
Zn 0.16
B 0.527
Cu 0.041
Mo 0.024
Na 0
Si 0
Cl 0
Mn 0.811

So no SI.. and you find no Cu and Zn deficiency?

Your recipe good for hydro?

Thanks again..

BillFarthing

Veteran
Bill, nice recipe. So low P is not an issue start to finish..nice.. what's your opinion on the standard PPM of micros at:
FE 2
ZN .3
MO .05
B .3
MN 1
CU .2

Your blend sits at:

Fe 2.8
Zn 0.16
B 0.527
Cu 0.041
Mo 0.024
Na 0
Si 0
Cl 0
Mn 0.811

So no SI.. and you find no Cu and Zn deficiency?

Your recipe good for hydro?

Thanks again..

I use chelated micros from custom hydro nutrients. I also use a fulvic acid that has a ton of chelated minerals. I've never had a problem in Promix, coco or hydro.

I use rice hulls in coco. I use silicic acid in Promix and hydro. Too much K from potassium silicate can upset the calcium potassium see-saw.

Legalcdn

Bill..need an experienced eye for micros.. i think .5grm per litre might be ok..have not run it thru hydro buddy yet..
How are these numbers for micros:

Guaranteed Minimum Analysis
Chelated Iron (Fe) (actual) 7%
Chelated Manganese (Mn) (actual) 2%
Chelated Zinc (Zn) (actual) 0.4%
Chelated Copper (Cu) (actual) 0.1%
Boron (B) (actual) 1.3%
Molybdenum (Mo) (actual) 0.06%
EDTA (Ethylene diamine tetraacetate) 42%
DTPA (Diethylene triamine pentaacetate) 14%

Any help is really appreciated.. this is plant prod mixed micro nutrients.

BillFarthing

Veteran
Bill..need an experienced eye for micros.. i think .5grm per litre might be ok..have not run it thru hydro buddy yet..
How are these numbers for micros:

Guaranteed Minimum Analysis
Chelated Iron (Fe) (actual) 7%
Chelated Manganese (Mn) (actual) 2%
Chelated Zinc (Zn) (actual) 0.4%
Chelated Copper (Cu) (actual) 0.1%
Boron (B) (actual) 1.3%
Molybdenum (Mo) (actual) 0.06%
EDTA (Ethylene diamine tetraacetate) 42%
DTPA (Diethylene triamine pentaacetate) 14%

Iron is going to be our degree of freedom and is calculated at 2.5 ppm. The other values can float because they are chelated. It's telling me 3.5 g for 100 liters.

Legalcdn

Bill.. are you growing in soil? I am in coco and hp promix..with coco..you don't need too much K correct? Been using megacrop but seems too leafy. I have done 3 grows with it.. i need to switch gears. DIY dry is the way to go.

Looking at 15 18 calnit yara.. plant prod micro nutes.. plant prod 6-11-31 and epson to try and achieve..still working numbers to align.
There is a good thread on 420 called Making Your Own Nutrient Concentrates..

Cheers

Gazoo31

I wanna know the answer to this as well. I'm not sold on megacrop. Reading many complaints about bud size and density. It's disgusting in my res. Was using maxibloom. I find maxibloom doesn't give great buds, kinda lack smell, size and density. Looking to jump ship. Best results I had was my first grow with DNF bloom which I believe had zero nitrogen in it.

Like 4 grows now with multiple strains, dwc and coco. Running 1200w cooled hps in a 4x8, I'm under 50w/sqft so I need more light. No co2 supp, temps and humidity are following Vpd now.

Feel like nutes are part of my problem combined with not enough light and possibly too much n in flower. Thinking about hurting my bank account with 2 HLG 600s... sorry OP off topic. Lol.

BillFarthing

Veteran
Bill.. are you growing in soil? I am in coco and hp promix..with coco..you don't need too much K correct? Been using megacrop but seems too leafy. I have done 3 grows with it.. i need to switch gears. DIY dry is the way to go.

Looking at 15 18 calnit yara.. plant prod micro nutes.. plant prod 6-11-31 and epson to try and achieve..still working numbers to align.
There is a good thread on 420 called Making Your Own Nutrient Concentrates..

Coco, Promix, hydro. The Megacrop recipe is fine. Nitrogen is the "Degree of freedom" with that recipe. Just make sure the pH is good and back down on the ppms if you get N tox in flower.

I wanna know the answer to this as well. I'm not sold on megacrop. Reading many complaints about bud size and density. It's disgusting in my res. Was using maxibloom. I find maxibloom doesn't give great buds, kinda lack smell, size and density. Looking to jump ship. Best results I had was my first grow with DNF bloom which I believe had zero nitrogen in it.

Megacrop is fine in soil and coco. Any organic inputs are going to leave biofilm in hydro. DNF A and B is 4-0.5-6, so very similar to the recipe I posted.