What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Could I push these plants more, or back off?

Hey guys,

Im on day 32 of my second grow of some Stardawg cuts. Im using Canna coco and feeding Canna nutrients. Right now they're getting multiple small feeds throughout a 12 hour lights on period. The current strength is about 1.3 EC. PH 5.8-6.1.

The plants are in 5 gallon fabric pots and are roughly 4 feet tall with approx. 10-15 tops each. My room temps are 73-76 RH40.
The lighting they are recieving are 4 1000w DE. (3 plants per light)
Also supplementing C02 @1400ppm

I've been checking runoff frequently and some are coming out a little under what I'm feeding, and some come out slightly higher (100ppm +-)
So I'm basically looking for advice. With these conditions should I continue to raise EC every week or hold steady at my current feed?. I see a tip here and there with just a faint hint of yellow but nothing serious by any stretch. Im really trying to dial these things in the best I can so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2079.jpg
    IMG_2079.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2081.jpg
    IMG_2081.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2082.jpg
    IMG_2082.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2085.jpg
    IMG_2085.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2083.jpg
    IMG_2083.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2084.jpg
    IMG_2084.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2086.jpg
    IMG_2086.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 33

ridoo

I would push up
you have good genetic, large containers, big light, multifeed...
if they eat then you can give more, if you see burns or bad reaction then back to lighter, with coco it's not that much stressful if you move slowly in the quantities

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
They look great. The only time I pushed higher than 1.3 or so, I ran into problems, so now I tend to max there.

Good job so far. :tiphat:

Alright cool, it’s just weird because I’m having the same issue as I did last time. I thought it was related to over feeding or under feeding. But last time and this time at about 4-5 weeks quite a bit of the fan leaves start to taco up and get a crispy feel to them. And it seemed to start right after I started to do multi feeds per day. When I was watering once a day they looked perfect. I don’t know if it’s a coincidence or what but here it is week five and they’re starting to do it again.

DunHav`nFun

Alright cool, it’s just weird because I’m having the same issue as I did last time. I thought it was related to over feeding or under feeding. But last time and this time at about 4-5 weeks quite a bit of the fan leaves start to taco up and get a crispy feel to them. And it seemed to start right after I started to do multi feeds per day. When I was watering once a day they looked perfect. I don’t know if it’s a coincidence or what but here it is week five and they’re starting to do it again.
Hey Bro.....the reason the fanleaves start taco`ing up as a rule is low humidity , but most likely what`s happening in your situation is that right after stretch is completely done , hormones change and swellage begins......When this happens their feed requirements increase , like they`ll drink twice the amount of liquids for swellage during lights off , and this is where a lot of folks experience burnt tips and the looks of over feeding but it`s just cuz they`re drinking so much for the flowering process and if you don`t regulate lower ppm`s across the board , you`ll begin to see imbalances and issues without staying on top of things.....but bottom line is it begins due to lower humidity and the plants trying to compensate so....regardless....'

Good luck and.....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying: …….

Gazoo31

I agree. After the stretch I find I have to back off on ec. Also low humidity and lights being too close cause taco leaves. DE lights need high ass ceilings.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Yeah my feeling is a combination of all of that. The humidity could be a tick higher, the CO2 isn't doing anything past 1200. The EC could run a little lower if all of that were satisfied but you also need to raise your pH just a smidge. In short, I feel like you're on the boundary of every parameter.

And all told for day 32, you're not in real trouble. Next time you can really run and gun from the start if you pay attention to DHF ^ . Cheers.

madalasatori

Veteran
I have similar issues in my room sometimes - my RH is 60 and only some strains get it and it’s mainly to do with the gavita DE lighting I believe. Most strains are fine so I don’t sweat it

madalasatori

Veteran
Also - has the coco dried out at all? If you don’t give them lots more water after swellage starts then the pots can dry out quickly causing lockout issues

It hasn’t gotten too dry. I try to keep them moist. But that makes sense about the humidity because I’ve since added another one in there to control a slight pm issue. My lights off Rh was spiking to 70. So now I’ve been keeping on low because last time I had pm at week 8 and ruined 90 percent of my crop. Now I’m just terrified of it so I’ve been keeping the humidity at like 40 day and night. Sometimes drops to 35. Should I feed a couple hrs before lights out?

DunHav`nFun

It hasn’t gotten too dry. I try to keep them moist. But that makes sense about the humidity because I’ve since added another one in there to control a slight pm issue. My lights off Rh was spiking to 70. So now I’ve been keeping on low because last time I had pm at week 8 and ruined 90 percent of my crop. Now I’m just terrified of it so I’ve been keeping the humidity at like 40 day and night. Sometimes drops to 35. Should I feed a couple hrs before lights out?
Ok.....Plants eat CO2 and suck juice during lights on with ramped up metabolism via the light stimulus and heat created.....When the lights go out , metabolism slows and every bit of excess water vapor AND CO2 that wasn`t assimilated gets shit out , thus why your humidity AND CO2 spikes during lights out....that said.....

Gonna letcha in on an old cash cropper secret from the left coast that`ll help your RH as well as pm issues..... Whatever cubic ftg you have in your grow area , get an inline fan twice the cfm size of said grow area and exchange your room`s air twice per minute during light`s out.....and.....you can plug said fan into a humidistat and regulate how low you want your RH to stay at during lights out and the humidistat takes over and dials conditions....

You can also run your CO2 supplementation on a timer , then have the inline fan kick on after ample time for the plants to absorb the CO2 , and keep RH in check without havin to run a dehuey and heat the room up , all the while preventing any air born pathogens from settin up shop on your plants.....anyways.....

Just tryin ta help.....Ran many many rooms for many many yrs with air exchange twice per minute 24/7/365 with dialed results using no CO2 supplements other than ambient ppms in the air we breathe with never a sign of PM or any mold issues for that matter , and plants thrive under higher RH conditions during lights on so remember that.....regardless......many waysta skin a mule......Good luck and.....

Peace.....DHF...…:ying: …...

Last edited:

ridoo

exactly, good vent and air exchange makes no molds even on big juicy buds

for small closets you can use 12V computers fans, they comes in various size, you can find very silent ones for a good price

they makes strong stems, means bigger colas, and good air moves around the plants

Latest posts

Latest posts