What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maxibloom top feed help

Bwanabud

I'm running the KISS system, I'm 5 weeks into flower and using 5.5 grams per gallon(40ppm well water). I top feed 3 times a night to 20% runoff DTW, and do a mini rinse every 3 weeks or so at 50% nute strength. Using 600HPS cool tubes, tons of air flow...highs of 75F & lows of 67F.

My plants look great, but appear too dark green to me. I also add 2ml per gallon of CalMagic, and 1 ml of liquid Koolbloom per gallon.

Should I cut the Maxi back a bit, and raise the Koolbloom a touch at 0-10-10 ?

Any suggestions welcome please.

Gazoo31

With multiple feedings you could drop back to 3.5 to 4 grams. I just went thru the exact same thing and regret not listening to my plants and focusing on the numbers. Just because other people can run a certain ec doesnt mean that it will work the same for you. With multiple feedings its similar to a body builder eating constantly. Small frequent portions.

If you check out gh schedule for maxi dtw, I think the most they recommend was 1.5 tsp with 1 tsp most of the grow. Half strength of that is .5 tsp or 3.5 grams.

Bwanabud

With multiple feedings you could drop back to 3.5 to 4 grams. I just went thru the exact same thing and regret not listening to my plants and focusing on the numbers. Just because other people can run a certain ec doesnt mean that it will work the same for you. With multiple feedings its similar to a body builder eating constantly. Small frequent portions.

If you check out gh schedule for maxi dtw, I think the most they recommend was 1.5 tsp with 1 tsp most of the grow. Half strength of that is .5 tsp or 3.5 grams.

Thanks for the supply, do you increase a bloom booster to adjust element ratios ?

Gazoo31

I did but the consensus among experienced growers that break down npk and ca mg and s into ppm seem to agree that maxibloom formula is specially for late flower increased pk ratios. I've seen recommended 50/50 maxi grow/bloom for the first 4-6 weeks of fower.

Asslover

Veteran
Drop the Calimagic.
As for Maxibloom, waaaaaay back when I was the Nutrients Mod there was a member that went by dongle69. She was one of the first member to post huge grows using just Maxiblom (COCO, Ebbflow tables if memory serves). 7 grams or 1 tsp/gal was the formula.
I have rocked that formula for years with huge success. The simplicity of it just can’t be beat. I keep a 50ls tub of it for all my “pheno searching plants”.
50/50 is used for the first week or so of flower, or the “transition”.
50/50 4-6 weeks into flower is WAY too much N.
Incidentally, I use Maxigro for all my veggers @ 1/2 calimagic and 3/4 tsp of Maxigro...

Bwanabud

Drop the Calimagic.
As for Maxibloom, waaaaaay back when I was the Nutrients Mod there was a member that went by dongle69. She was one of the first member to post huge grows using just Maxiblom (COCO, Ebbflow tables if memory serves). 7 grams or 1 tsp/gal was the formula.
I have rocked that formula for years with huge success. The simplicity of it just can’t be beat. I keep a 50ls tub of it for all my “pheno searching plants”.
Incidentally, I use Maxigro for all my veggers @ 1/2 calimagic and 3/4 tsp of Maxigro...

I dropped the CalMagic this rez mix, the 7 gm's is just too much for my strains...it burns them up. I'm trying to cut the Nitrogen down for a fade, because they are far too green for their age...buds look great tho

Asslover

Veteran
I dropped the CalMagic this rez mix, the 7 gm's is just too much for my strains...it burns them up. I'm trying to cut the Nitrogen down for a fade, because they are far too green for their age...buds look great tho
I would drop the LKB as well, it’s just not needed with Maxibloom. Whenever I had a sensitive pheno or things got too warm in the room I drop the Maxibloom to 3/4 tsp.

Gazoo31

Drop the Calimagic.

While I don't know how well this translates to coco this is what I've copied and seen the most success in my garden from.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190929-194356_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190929-194356_Chrome.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 69