What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New grower currently using AN. Looking for recommendation for different nute line

JIM260

> Growing in Promix hp under 1000w hps.
> Im new so prefer easy to use nute system
> Hand water 18 plants

Thanks.

packerfan79

Veteran
Canna is great. I use the coco, but they have a few different formulations. Advanced is over priced snake oil.
Veg & Bloom is good, not as flexible as I would like. Always seemed to be fighting a mild calcium deficiency. Unless I used their foliar calcium supplement. which can be a pain in the ass.

Lucas formula produces good.

Their are tons of options. Especially if you are used to the price of advanced. I have always wanted to try rock nutrients.

I have been hearing good things about cutting edge solutions.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Just go with Masterblend or Lucas formula and make your own...quit making the nute companies rich and stop buying dyed water. The markup on nutes is in the 1000% range!! I went with Masterblend about 2 months ago and have not looked back. Have a great day all.
Peace negative.

JIM260

Just go with Masterblend or Lucas formula and make your own...quit making the nute companies rich and stop buying dyed water. The markup on nutes is in the 1000% range!! I went with Masterblend about 2 months ago and have not looked back. Have a great day all.
Peace negative.

Thank you but I would prefer not to mix my own. Too much exposure to error and I'm new to all of this.

Will take a look at Lucas also

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
If you're in soil, cook your own soil. All you have to do after that is water.

This is what I'm using in pots. Not the best, but easy and good enough for me.
[Iframeb]ju6TDrMJxWU[/Iframeb]

Drewsif

If your next grow isn't in dirt you are gonna waste alot of money and grow lots of garbage until it is. The nutes racket is a symptom of prohibition, jewish media and gullible pot smoking losers (yea that's how the nute companies see you)

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Jacks 5-12-26 at 880 grams per gallon of RO water
Calcium Nitrate greenhouse grade at 580 grams per gallon of RO water

Use 10 ml of each per gallon of RO water and PH to 6.0

Cost is about 4 to 5 cents per gallon if bought in 25 pound bags.

I use this for PH down. I get it at Tractor Supply for about $14. It is very strong and food grade.

I use Pro-Tek pottasium silicate as PH up.

I buy the jacks in a 25 pound bag.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
IIRC Canna Terra is a one part feed. No A&B mixing. Just one bottle, that nobody is likely to speak out against. That is a rare thing.

I have used it. Even on coco. Nothing is missing, so until your passed learner status, it's all you need. Only then might you start wanting a PK boost in flower. Once you really have your eye on the ball, to use such a thing.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I use this for PH down. I get it at Tractor Supply for about $14. It is very strong and food grade.

Holy crap I've been looking for a cheaper substitute for pH down that I could buy locally. That's awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Holy crap I've been looking for a cheaper substitute for pH down that I could buy locally. That's awesome. Thanks for sharing.

No problem. That is phosphoric acid. It is very strong so go sparingly at first. It is used to clean dairy equipment.

You can also get it at Blaneys as well.

Earlmarne

Follow Ichabods lead.
I found his thread 3 years ago. Havnt spent money on fertilizer in a year. Cutting down to the basics focuses me on the much more important aspects of environment.
I just pulled 5 lbs out of a 4 site ppk system under 2 1k lights and a 630.
Jacks does a great job for pennys on the dollar

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
No problem. That is phosphoric acid. It is very strong so go sparingly at first. It is used to clean dairy equipment.

You can also get it at Blaneys as well.

Interesting. I have seen dairy pipeline cleaner a couple of times, and it was P, with another acid added. A quick search shows Nitric is usually mixed with it, and sulfuric about as rarely as P or N are used alone.

I'm going to give you reputation for your little truck picture. I know I shouldn't, but it has bought me a lot of joy. And the post was pretty good to ;)

I like using both P and N acid, at appropriate times. IIRC Canna's coco food is for both grow and flower, and you just switch acid. I was doing this myself, and just buying my brand in bloom. Until the LED's and their increased demands. This would be a good place to talk about the availability to our plants. But I can't remember. I think Nitric is about 30% available. Making my Nacid bottle at 50% acid to 50% water, 15-0-0. At times I have needed enough pH correction, to of raised my feeds N level an entire digit. About 25% more N using Nacid than Pacid. I can see a few raised eyebrows in the room now.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Interesting. I have seen dairy pipeline cleaner a couple of times, and it was P, with another acid added. A quick search shows Nitric is usually mixed with it, and sulfuric about as rarely as P or N are used alone.

I'm going to give you reputation for your little truck picture. I know I shouldn't, but it has bought me a lot of joy. And the post was pretty good to ;)

I like using both P and N acid, at appropriate times. IIRC Canna's coco food is for both grow and flower, and you just switch acid. I was doing this myself, and just buying my brand in bloom. Until the LED's and their increased demands. This would be a good place to talk about the availability to our plants. But I can't remember. I think Nitric is about 30% available. Making my Nacid bottle at 50% acid to 50% water, 15-0-0. At times I have needed enough pH correction, to of raised my feeds N level an entire digit. About 25% more N using Nacid than Pacid. I can see a few raised eyebrows in the room now.

Under high demand lighting like LEDs I feed the same mix above but at 70 ml per 5 gallons and I add 1.5 teaspoons of Epson salts to that 5 gallon.

I am running about 3000 watts of LED now and will be firing up another 4000 watts here when the weather cools a little more. And under them the mixes for stock solution I gave above is to weak. I raised the EC of my mix from 1.1-1.3 to 1.6-18 EC. That cleared up the problems from using bright LEDs.

I like that acid because it wont jump you nitrogen levels in flower. Instead it gives a little boast to phosphorus.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
That truck is from when I first started posting on ICMag. It is Blueberry OG. I have another red truck I was thinking of changing my picture to. But that picture has been with me for 8 years.

And I still have the truck in my clone room.

G

Neptune’s Harvest fish formula. There is one for veg and one for flower. Doesn’t get much easier than that in soil. I did a sort of side by side with clones using it compared to Earth Juice and one with plain RO water and one with Neptune’s Harvest. After about 3 weeks in flower the results were so obvious I threw away the earth juice and started giving all 3 Neptune’s Harvest. The other two never caught up health wise to how well the original Neptune’s Harvest plant looks. Another 10-15 days and it’s chop time. Strain is Karma Headbanger.

Latest posts

Latest posts