What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Humidity Fogger. Amazon. Ca

Anybody? Getting ready for fall/winter humidity drop. Planning to plug this into my inkbird controller with currently running dehumidifier.

Thank you my true grower friends!

VEVOR 3 Head Ultrasonic Mist Maker Fogger AC24V 72W Mist Maker Fogger Water Stainless Steel Air Humidifier w/Transformer Accessories for Home Garden Decorations

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
That seems really, really expensive for what is just some fogger heads. Wouldn't it be less expensive to buy an actual humidifier?

RB56

Veteran
I use a Trion Humidifier that throws out a lot of mist. Here's the key - connect it to an RO filter. That eliminates mineral build up where the mist is sprayed and inside the humidifier itself. Also means noting has to be manually filled. I turn it on in Autumn and off in Spring and that's all I ever need to do.

I have a push button humidifier but Im not in the mood to 'repurpose it' and dig into over riding the on/off switch. I've got a dehumidifier with a dialthat is working. Thanks for the idea RB56.

Thanks Imback your guys are Champs! I'm saying to myself I need one with a dial so I can turn it to on and leave it to the inkbird

hyposomniac

Anybody? Getting ready for fall/winter humidity drop. Planning to plug this into my inkbird controller with currently running dehumidifier.

Thank you my true grower friends!

VEVOR 3 Head Ultrasonic Mist Maker Fogger AC24V 72W Mist Maker Fogger Water Stainless Steel Air Humidifier w/Transformer Accessories for Home Garden Decorations

This looks just like the house of hydro fogger.. It worked great but it had a short life, like 1.5 grow cycles before the motor malfunctioned.
Now i'm happy with a cheapo Humidifier

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
To replace a cheap desktop item rated around 350ml per hour, I got some 300ml per hour items that are all over the internet. They look like they work, but the water lasts many times longer than it should. I have them the right depth, with a fan taking the mist away so it can't settle back. I don't think 50ml is far from the truth though. And I have 3, so it's not a freak occurrence.

I'm looking for an auto-fill solution, that has no reservoir option, so isn't huge. A liter an hour would be nice.

My DIY option, was keeping the water level correct, much like a flood drain table. Where a pump sends the water up to the tray, and an overflow lets it return to the tank, once the water in the tray is deep enough to reach it. My intention was to place my little tray (which was actually a box with fan blowing through it) over the toilet system, and use that as my tank. As it is an auto fill reservoir. Sounds gross.. but it's a tank with a ball valve like any other. I was looking at silver supply pipe, which was very cheap. Keeping the moisture in the air clean.

I've decided to go with the most reasonable priced honeywell or somewhat 'equivalent' quality/value humidifier as long as the ON button is a knob that activates it.

All the best to everyone in the daily juggle of life!

Captain & El P

I made a 10 gallon fogger purchasing the parts through this website three years ago. I got tired of purchasing a new humidifier ever fall.

www.thehouseofhydro.com

I bought the single disk kit with extra coating for $39.99 USD. I made my reservoir out of a 10 gallon tote and I only have to refill every 7-10 days. The original $39.99 kit I bought came with three extra fogger disks. I have gone through two disks in three years. The total cost of my humidifier is around $50 and that included a waterproof fan off ebay.

And they ship to Canada.

I just use a single head mister, cost $10.99, in a bucket with a saucer inside at an angle so no water can splash out.

Take a 5 gallon bucket half full of water, put a mister fogger disc thing in it's special float device(sold separately) in the water, put a pot saucer into the bucket so the fogger can't throw water out of the top of the bucket, put the bucket near the intake or a fan to blow the mist out. I wipe clean and dry mine everyday at lights out.

I also have several humidifiers, but the problem with them is they eventually grow mold. Even wiped down and dried out every lights out they still grow mold any place that can't be wiped and cleaned. That's how I ended up at the misters.:dunno:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I made a 10 gallon fogger purchasing the parts through this website three years ago. I got tired of purchasing a new humidifier ever fall.

www.thehouseofhydro.com

I bought the single disk kit with extra coating for $39.99 USD. I made my reservoir out of a 10 gallon tote and I only have to refill every 7-10 days. The original $39.99 kit I bought came with three extra fogger disks. I have gone through two disks in three years. The total cost of my humidifier is around $50 and that included a waterproof fan off ebay.

And they ship to Canada.
For whatever reason that link doesn't go through for me, but https://thehouseofhydro.com/index.html does

Captain & El P

I never had a mold problem with my setup. Maybe you need an extra fan to blow the moisture out of the bucket (this is what I have). Below is similar to what my setup looks like. I use a 5 gallon bucket and have the fan attached on the top of the lid.

mushroom-humidity-diy-mist-maker-house-of-hydro_orig.jpg

I just emailed House of Hydro to see if they have any tips for the mold @Fred Sanford. I'll let you know what I find out.