What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras x Panama

RobFromTX

These girls are becoming fat cats. Huge green structures that smell like lemon candy when you so much as move them. Theres one that smells like sour diesel when you rub the stems, most likely a honduras pheno. Note: this strain is pretty nitro-sensitive. I gave them two low dose feedings of biobizz Gro and they had a mild overdose but theyll bounce back in no time. I think modest doses of bio bloom is all these ladies will need to stay top notch. Happy day everybody.

Attachments

• IMG_20220701_185640886.jpg
    IMG_20220701_185640886.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 173
  • IMG_20220701_185634904~2.jpg
    IMG_20220701_185634904~2.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 157
  • IMG_20220701_185621186~2.jpg
    IMG_20220701_185621186~2.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 158
Last edited:

Cactus Squatter

These girls are becoming fat cats. Huge green structures that smell like lemon candy when you so much as move them. Theres one that smells like sour diesel when you rub the stems, most likely a honduras pheno. Note: this strain is pretty nitro-sensitive. I gave them two low dose feedings of biobizz Gro and they had a mild overdose but theyll bounce back in no time. I think modest doses of bio bloom is all these ladies will need to stay top notch. Happy day everybody.
Looking really good! Definitely a different flowering expression than the 2 I’ve grown, but the smell you describe is dead on how mine smell. Yours looks denser flowering where mine was more open in structure like my Honduras.
Definitely cob some of it. It’s amazing that way.

RobFromTX

Looking really good! Definitely a different flowering expression than the 2 I’ve grown, but the smell you describe is dead on how mine smell. Yours looks denser flowering where mine was more open in structure like my Honduras.
Definitely cob some of it. It’s amazing that way.
Thank you! I definitely have a couple that are still stretching but im amazed at how big they've got with just 10 days of vegging. Ive been reading up on some people that make cobs and it looks really enjoyable. But to be honest what id like to find is a way to make some good brick weed. There was another guy on icmag that did it with his Thai x Panama, which looked amazing, but hes no longer around. I know most people would think im silly for wanting to do this but I would imagine brick weeds a whole different ball game when its been grown organic and cured properly. Id definitely like a way to avoid spending $600 on a hydraulic press though

Cactus Squatter

Thank you! I definitely have a couple that are still stretching but im amazed at how big they've got with just 10 days of vegging. Ive been reading up on some people that make cobs and it looks really enjoyable. But to be honest what id like to find is a way to make some good brick weed. There was another guy on icmag that did it with his Thai x Panama, which looked amazing, but hes no longer around. I know most people would think im silly for wanting to do this but I would imagine brick weeds a whole different ball game when its been grown organic and cured properly. Id definitely like a way to avoid spending $600 on a hydraulic press though
Vacuum seal bags will brick it up nicely if that’s the goal. Are you planning to just brick for compression/storage? Or are you planning on trying to get it to ferment a little like the old school bricks did? I bet if you follow the cob instructions but instead of rolling/cobbing you just bag it it’d work.

I’ll only do Hon Pan in cobs from now on though. They’re so awesome. Iv’e been smoking both the buds and the cobbed from last November’s HonPan harvest all day today and it’s noticeably better cobbed.

My buddy used to use a bottle jack and a metal box form to make his bricks, then would vacuum seal it.

RobFromTX

Vacuum seal bags will brick it up nicely if that’s the goal. Are you planning to just brick for compression/storage? Or are you planning on trying to get it to ferment a little like the old school bricks did? I bet if you follow the cob instructions but instead of rolling/cobbing you just bag it it’d work.

I’ll only do Hon Pan in cobs from now on though. They’re so awesome. Iv’e been smoking both the buds and the cobbed from last November’s HonPan harvest all day today and it’s noticeably better cobbed.

My buddy used to use a bottle jack and a metal box form to make his bricks, then would vacuum seal it.
To be honest its an issue of storage and wanting to relive the past. Growing up just 50 miles from the Mexican border I can tell you I was used to the best brick weed around in the 90's. It wasn't that crappy brown bag grass either. It was a weed we called "Lime" in Texas back in those days, light green well grown sativa from the farmers in the southern most areas of Mexico. Great high that would leave you laughing like a damn fool and smiling for hours. Unfortunately most folks in the states never got to see any of it because the best stuff never made it out of California and Texas. But I miss it dearly and id absolutely love to have a pound of some organic Honduras smashed into a giant green block. I figure thats as close as I can get to it :smoke:

Last edited:

xet

They look perfect, go a little slower on the accelerator I agree

xet

Wrap it in banana leaves, tie it tight, and bury it in a 3 foot hole covered in cow manure, dig it up 5 months later

Cactus Squatter

I’ll only do Hon Pan in cobs from now on though. They’re so awesome. Iv’e been smoking both the buds and the cobbed from last November’s HonPan harvest all day today and it’s noticeably better cobbe
To be honest its an issue of storage and wanting to relive the past. Growing up just 50 miles from the Mexican border I can tell you I was used to the best brick weed around in the 90's. It wasn't that crappy brown bag grass either. It was a weed we called "Lime" in Texas back in those days, light green well grown sativa from the farmers in the southern most areas of Mexico. Great high that would leave you laughing like a damn fool and smiling for hours. Unfortunately most folks in the states never got to see any of it because the best stuff never made it out of California and Texas. But I miss it dearly and id absolutely love to have a pound of some organic Honduras smashed into a giant green block. I figure thats as close as I can get to it :smoke:
I remember the lime green brick well. I grew up in San Diego area in the 90s and always loved it when it came through. We rarely ever touched the dark brick garbage as we had access to lots of awesome locally grown stuff, but whenever the lime green pressed stuff came in we always loaded up. Great surf smoke.
Ace’s green pheno of Honduras is so damn close to the old good stuff I used to get. Similar smells and feel. Taste is missing a little bit of the sweetness I remember from back then, but Covid also jacked my smell and taste up so who knows if that’s accurate😂

Tangwena

Veteran
Great stuff man. This is GOLD. I found your cob thread on 420magazine. I'll read up on it before harvest for sure
If it was lime green it was fresh and slightly drier before compaction.
The darker stuff was probably too wet when pressed and then heat caused it to sweat and degrade by fermenting too long.
This would happen when money was the only criteria when growing.
You could easily reproduce the lime green with a little experience.
You can just vacuum seal a big bag and get the same results if you store it at a warm enough temp.

IMG_2474.jpeg

Last edited:

RobFromTX

Wrap it in banana leaves, tie it tight, and bury it in a 3 foot hole covered in cow manure, dig it up 5 months later

If it was lime green it was fresh and slightly drier before compaction.
The darker stuff was probably too wet when pressed and then heat caused it to sweat and degrade by fermenting too long.
This would happen when money was the only criteria when growing.
You could easily reproduce the lime green with a little experience.
You can just vacuum seal a big bag and get the same results if you store it at a warm enough temp.

View attachment 18729556
Vacuum bags are what ill be using from now on. Ive been curing in mason jars but they sure take up room. Great job on that stuff man. All those pretty red hairs. Fire crotch weed(y)

RobFromTX

I remember the lime green brick well. I grew up in San Diego area in the 90s and always loved it when it came through. We rarely ever touched the dark brick garbage as we had access to lots of awesome locally grown stuff, but whenever the lime green pressed stuff came in we always loaded up. Great surf smoke.
Ace’s green pheno of Honduras is so damn close to the old good stuff I used to get. Similar smells and feel. Taste is missing a little bit of the sweetness I remember from back then, but Covid also jacked my smell and taste up so who knows if that’s accurate😂
Honduras x Panama is the closest ive found to the kind of stuff we got back in the day but the Panama and Tikal are pretty similar as well. Real fun up kind of high. I made hash from those 3 strains my first Ace grow. What i ride that was. I haven't grown the honduras regular but its definitely on my to do list

RobFromTX

Its a jungle in here man. Smells of skunk and lime. Ill say one thing about growing organic. The smells sure come out to play. Ive grown this strain before and it never smelled this good when i gave them a rub. 3-4 more weeks id say

Attachments

• IMG_20220711_185951003.jpg
    IMG_20220711_185951003.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 122

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the updates @RobFromTX the happy giggly effects of some older Mexican sativas are really memorable and something i've been trying to find again and capture in some of our lines, being Tikal, Panama, Honduras, Oldtimer's Haze and their hybrids the closest i've experienced to old Mexican strains regarding effects.

Glad to see your summer indoor sativa grow doing well passing mid flowering :) The complexity, details and intensity of terpenes coming from an organic grow are really hard to replicate with non organic growing media and fertilizers, that's why always i recommend organic growing to get the best quality flowers from your plants.

RobFromTX

Glistening yellow colas that smell like key lime pie. You could almost call these ladies Honduras Gold :canabis:

Attachments

• IMG_20220718_185627271.jpg
    IMG_20220718_185627271.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 173
  • IMG_20220718_185609267.jpg
    IMG_20220718_185609267.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 158
  • IMG_20220718_185515659.jpg
    IMG_20220718_185515659.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 151
  • IMG_20220718_185415697.jpg
    IMG_20220718_185415697.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 151
  • IMG_20220718_185401925.jpg
    IMG_20220718_185401925.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 154
  • IMG_20220718_185357643.jpg
    IMG_20220718_185357643.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 159

RobFromTX

Love it Rob, thanks a lot for the update. Panama Goddess resins and pistils,
with a more open flower structure from the Honduras, the resins are really remarkable for a summer indoor grow (y)
Thank you for the compliments Dubi! I figured the panama phenos were producing the fattest colas and the honduras ones were taller and more lanky. All of them are outstanding in their own way

Latest posts

Latest posts