What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

KaliChina and more...

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
...And the Beat Goes On...

...And the Beat Goes On...

Hey all...Just a couple of real quick action photos. These two just got final transplant into 5 gal. smart pots. This was taken right before their promotion. Meantime...I go deeper and deeper into strange indicoid territory...

So, this is the Bubba Kush x Hash Plant...She went under the 12/12 lights on September 8 (or so) and is the young one of the two. Not quite flowering but soon come...I can feel it simmering and expect it to start flowering in earnest any day. Very much like her shape and am looking forward to seeing her develop.

attachment.php

Here's the Mal x PCK. She went under the lights on 8/31 and she's beginning to run like a thoroughbred. Next time around, I would probably not try to LST her and either let her go au naturel or top her or something. Live and learn.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Mal_PCK2.jpg
    Mal_PCK2.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 10
  • BK_HP2.jpg
    BK_HP2.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 14
B

Baron Greenback

Do you feel a bit weird going indica-y Mayan? Those Back to the Congos I have keep making me think I'm doing something wrong, not used to such huge thick leaves :)
The lovely wife is having some sleeping issues atm so I'm hoping that not smashing sativa or sativa dominant doobies before bed might help.

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Yes, BG...absolutely! I feel a bit "betrayed" when something is done in 55-63 days...I'm used to things just getting interesting right around then. Boring! (I joke - kinda!) Not to mention the fact that drool and coma are not becoming on me. Still, I definitely see the need for them and -like you- they have really helped my magnificent wife to settle down for an uninterrupted sleep. Not to mention the pain relief and anti-anxiety blessings they offer people I have been helping.

B

Baron Greenback

Great reasons for them then mayan :)
I completely agree about finishing times, anything under 12 weeks and I feel like I'm taking it too early :)
It'll be interesting for both of us I think, you might have yours before mine but I'll keep you posted (just to remain on topic, there is Kali China action there too :)) - smoke reports will be amusing I think, revolving around eating snacky pie on the sofa I expect.

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Best o' luck, jay_sus...both strains are nothing but magnificent to grow and for medication.

B

blue_tick

mayan
i have the malawi x pck i will not prune her ever again out doors. i did this time and the multiple heads are hell to keep up right at 7.5 ft tall haha. i have lost one side of the plant due to this. inside would be a different thing but i think with the way she yields i see no need for me to do it. i will keep my eye on this one for sure. i will be going to do the malawi x panama or panama x malawi next season so i will be interested in this for sure. keep up the good work

peace

jay sus

ALL 3 GERMED AND ARE ON THEIR WAY. WAITING FOR PAN X MAL TO HIT THE MARKET. ANYTIME SOON WOULD BE NICE:tiphat:

jay sus

mayan
i have the malawi x pck i will not prune her ever again out doors. i did this time and the multiple heads are hell to keep up right at 7.5 ft tall haha. i have lost one side of the plant due to this. inside would be a different thing but i think with the way she yields i see no need for me to do it. i will keep my eye on this one for sure. i will be going to do the malawi x panama or panama x malawi next season so i will be interested in this for sure. keep up the good work

peace
good problem though?

B

blue_tick

Indeed it is a good problem to have it just gets to be alot when you can't reach the tops to get it braced. I never thought they would get that tall or i would have been ready for it.

orfeas

Veteran
Indeed it is a good problem to have it just gets to be alot when you can't reach the tops to get it braced. I never thought they would get that tall or i would have been ready for it.

You don't need to get to the tops. That's why I suggested peripheral bracing for them branches to lean on, d' you dig? :)

:tiphat:Orfeas

B

blue_tick

orfeas i did the brace's but i didn't get them high enough i don't think. they still have a good lean going on. it just totally surprise me with the height they reached. next time i will be using the nets early to maintain them and start a little later than this year. we have had a bad year this year with the rain and wind but if it stays like it is now i should be good.

stay safe my friend and keep it green

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Interesting, y'all. The Mal x Pck did not stretch very much at all. Yea, a little but she seems more indicate in the stature department than Malawi. Of course, it's indoors and who knows what weird conditions I have subjected it to. I have a feeling, however that she is gonna flower pretty heavily. Soon come, mon.