What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Does anyone make cannabis tea?

catalyte

Veteran
i tried 1gr of Bubba Kush in a CannaTea last night and only had a very light buzz afterwards...

maybe i'll try 2gr next time.... on second thought i'm going to stick to smoking until i have tons of buds... just didn't do enough for me to warrant using 1gr of expensive Bubba....

supermanlives

Veteran
one time . i used hash in heavy cream . heated for a while. then added crean to tea and coffee. worked ok. long time ago. got to try it again

heres how I have made tea

1 cup water 1 cup milk... mix the 2 together...get 1-2gs of crumbled dry weed

bring the water/milk to a low boil add the weed.. simmer (low boil) for 30 mins

get a pulp strainer.... pour your mix through the strainer into a mug...add a tea bag ...your sugar or honey

It definatley tastes like weed tea but it gives you a body high for 6-8 hrs

Thank you for your instructions. It worked great, my dad really likes the tea. Seems to kick in faster than the cookies, and uses less weed. (I only used a gram for him)

Oh, and for the strain, I used Mandala's "Point of No Return". A nice, strong, relaxing high.

Scrappy4

Veteran
I make a glycerin gel infusion, then add it to tea/coffee. Very little taste, and similar to medibles, maybe faster effects with hot tea/coffee. The gel mixes real well with hot liquid, cold drinks need a quick stir so the gel does not settle out.......scrappy

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I been making tea with some nice cured herb lately, just boil water n let it steep for 15-20 minutes, n its been getting me a lil relaxed buzz. Was curious how this was working since i know weed has to be decarboxylated. I add some milk at the end but only a little.

romanoweed

Took the goo that was left and stirred it into a quart of local honey, the honey heated at the time to allow mixing well.

Its actually interesting idea if using no fat (wich is needed to really get high) could change the flash of weed. I just can add i once just made tea with weed, nothing added, only sugar and it made me feel much more sedated than other edibles wich i made of corse with butter. I actually didnt find it too pleasant scince im more interestet in the uphigh, but somehow i still found it atleast very.. hmm oldscool feeling, very dreamy, like a witch.. somehow like that.

Could eventually be an interesting try to change perception of the flash trough such things. Its also interesting to vapour on low temperatures, and therefore mostly only get thc , but not so much cbd i suggest. Never tried it, but seems interesting.
Peace

Nannymouse

420giveaway
When i used to make butter on the stove,after the straining, the leftover herb was left in the kettle, and i would add whole milk to the leftover 'buttered' herb, re-heat and stir so that the milk would pick up the butter, then strain the buttery milk into a mug. Add spices and instant tea for a spicey chai tea.

OilGuy

Louie I make tea quite often but not in a way you are describing. I took a quart of 100 proof rum, about 4 ounces of really good bud and the powdery shake from the bottom of a sack that had all my trim in it. Let all that soak in a 1 gallon jar for 1 month, yes 1 month. I then strained it, sat the contents on a warming stove and let the alcohol evaporate off. Took the goo that was left and stirred it into a quart of local honey, the honey heated at the time to allow mixing well. A 1/4 teaspoon along with a decaf tea packet in a cup of boiling water is my daily dose.
I've have also heated a pencil lead sized chunk of bubble hash in a table spoon of honey over my gas range and add that to a cup of de-caf tea. Tea provides different relief than smoking. Be well..DD

These both sound fantastic! Thanks for the recipe, can't wait to try it myself.
(meant to quote you in my reply a second ago, sorry everyone for the duplicate, haha)

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Well, this is an older thread...

I from time to time add in ground up buds into the coffee grounds before I brew my coffee. Different strains/plants can have different flavors that they add to the coffee. It doesn't do anything thc wise, it just adds flavor as far as I can tell. I gave a cup of coffee to a friend one time and my friend asked me what it was.

Now I have another type of cannabis tea that I make. I save the water that I use when making bubble hash. You have to keep an air stone in the bucket and skim the surface of the water during the first week. The plants just love it.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Drank a lot of it in the shop years ago as with mate de coca too, but i just made tea like any other tea.Use a Chinese cup with a lid.

Gry

Badkittysmiles left a countertop method of decarb. 5 grams of hash in a small glass container. Add
1.5 grams of citric acid and a splash of apple cider vinegar. Stir well and let it sit for four days. It will dry to a paste. That is a decarbed base that can be added to food or drinks. I wisk it into hot tea and it is very comforting.

funkyhorse

Hi Gry
This is a method I learnt in the Middle East during the 80's, cheap, simple and very effective
If you put a tiny piece of hash of about 0,5-1 gram according to your tolerance and you dissolve it in a spoon with a little bit of olive oil using a gas heater and place the dissolved content of that spoon in your coffee, in your tea with milk or in your dairy pudding, you get space coffee, tea or space pudding which starts making effect after 45min approximately
Hash is already decarbed, you dont need to decarb twice. Keif/garda is not decarbed

Might not be tasty but it is very light for your stomach and dont have the discomfort of eating or drinking heavy foods made with butter. If taste is a problem then dissolve that spoon into a larger amount of tea or pudding but then it is a matter of balancing the enjoyment of the high with the discomfort of having something heavy on your stomach so it is a kind of trade off

Hi Mex
Mate de coca or mate de cannabis is not psychoactive and mate de cannabis with cannabis flowers and or leaves is a big waste of cannabis unless you do it for the taste of it and you have plenty of cannabis. I tried it every time I was back from the Middle East and never worked for me. Fermented marihuana didnt work and this part I didnt understand because fermented is supposedly decarbed. It seems the fat factor is vital in this equation

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Hi Mex
Mate de coca or mate de cannabis is not psychoactive and mate de cannabis with cannabis flowers and or leaves is a big waste of cannabis unless you do it for the taste of it and you have plenty of cannabis. I tried it every time I was back from the Middle East and never worked for me. Fermented marihuana didnt work and this part I didnt understand because fermented is supposedly decarbed. It seems the fat factor is vital in this equation
Goeie môre Funkyhorse

Cannabinoid acids are not psychoactive, but has great therapeutic benefits for the brain as neuroprotectors and that in combination with the terpenes.Mate de Coca contains certain amount of vitamins and minerals and a bit of cocaine (1%).When you put a bit of lemon juice in the tea and you have energy for most of the day.:D

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
In the early 2000's i read an article about turning your leaf in kind of black tea. When i remember right it is tradition in some alpin regions to turn strawberry or blackberry leaf in a fermented black tea substitute. But it would also work with cannabis leaf. They knead the leaf and then wrap it thight in a towel for some short time and repeat that until the leaf turned black and dry. When i remember right you had to open the wrapped pack when getting warm so the fermentation isn't getting out of controll. After 1-2 days you get something similar to black tea in taste and look.

Last edited:

foo dog

Goes well in chai. My understanding is that the goodies need something to absorb 'into', so if you brew some up on something like a coconut-milk base then you'll get better results than on just hot water alone.

ULMW

It is important to understand the Cannabis pharmacokenetics and the disposition of cannabanoids into biological fluids and tissues. Understanding the pharmacokenetics of a drug is essential to understanding the onset, magnitude and duration of its pharmacodynamic effects, maximizing therapeutic and minimalizing negative side effects.
To make an effective tea fats like that of milk, butter are common, although many prefer coconut oil. Cheers! Tea Time!