What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2010/2011 Butane List For BHO Newbies

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
The title says it all folks I just got into the world of making BHO since none of my buddies would get over to my place with bags to make some good ol bubble... Well I'm sooooooooooo HAPPY I jumped into the BHO scene! The shit is incredible ans super easy to make not to mention faster than sitting over a bucket of ice water and trim!

Here's the thing though my neighborhood only has Neon(yellow can red cap),Power(yellow can red cap),Power 3(black can clear cap)and Tattoo Works 5x refined(multiple cheesy colorful cans I thought were air freshener)... I know I need Vector,Lucienne, or Colibri but what's listed is all I can get unless I order online which I may do if I can't find some folks using what I have....

I've looked around quite a bit and haven't seen a updated list for 2010 of good butane brands they all seem to be 2006-2008 with a few new ones but not a full list of what's out now that's being used and would like to put a new one together with the help of the BHO kings. Also want to hear from those that have used the brands I've used which are Neon,Power, and Power 3 but have also used Vector or any of the other "top" brands for BHO and what the differences were ect... So far I've learned Neon is GARBAGE! Power 3 is MUCH better evaporated a whole lot faster than Neon did and the final product smells proper and has no butane fart scent to it like Neon BHO... I also read about looking for DOT-2P on the can and Made in Korea which is on cans of Vector right?

Here is my Power 3 shatter/auto budder I guess you'd call it? I whip the shit out my oil while purging the the 2nd time on the stove till it stops bubbling. I was getting a much more buddery product letting it sit till it turned to auto budder not knowing if I pulled it a bit earlier I got shatter that felt like jolly ranchers...
attachment.php

And another batch
attachment.php

2010/2011 BHO Butane List

Colibri
Lava
Lucienne
Power 3 (black can)
Power 5X
Vector

King and Neon I hear are about the same quality now but I would need to hear from somebody rocking newer King cans I hear the quality went down??? Anyway the list so far is what I've read are great butane brands for quality BHO and will update with any brands being used that have been tested next to Vector,Lava,Lucienne or Colibri and produced a product as good or better...

Good Butane: This is good to use for BHO
attachment.php

Bad Butane:
This is NOT good to use for BHO
attachment.php

Attachments

• Honey Oil Batch 3 002.jpg
    Honey Oil Batch 3 002.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Honey Oil Batch 3 006.jpg
    Honey Oil Batch 3 006.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Butane 002.jpg
    Butane 002.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Butane 006.jpg
    Butane 006.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

dusto2k3

do you know where to order a large quantity of one of these butanes. I cannot find a distributor that sells it. I want to pay less than 3.50 a can!!!!

phattybudz

Looks awesome!

Just a reminder to anyone who's making BHO which is obvious but overlooked much too often: Boil it off outside!

you don't want a fireball/explosion/loss of eyebrows!

dope_roor

the DOT rating has to do with the quality of the can itself, nothing to do with the butane contained inside

do the mirror test, unfortunately it's the only thing we can do without spending too much $$$ and having to use lab equipment

ive used KING with no problems... but I use whatever my patients prefer/request, generally Lucienne or Vector but they too are going off "reputation" (what they read on forums/how high the # x refined is on the can) rather than any true scientific analysis of the gas

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
the DOT rating has to do with the quality of the can itself, nothing to do with the butane contained inside

do the mirror test, unfortunately it's the only thing we can do without spending too much $$$ and having to use lab equipment

ive used KING with no problems... but I use whatever my patients prefer/request, generally Lucienne or Vector but they too are going off "reputation" (what they read on forums/how high the # x refined is on the can) rather than any true scientific analysis of the gas

Thanks, so far Power 3 black cans have given me the best quality with no tane smell left behind in the product like Neon.. Lady at the shop was saying a dude buy's the Tattoo Works 5x by the case but I didn't trust it. I'll try it out next time but it's made in China which I hear they suck at making butane?

dope_roor

a good majority of butane is made in Korea, I know for fact KING, VECTOR, POWER, and LUCIENNE all are

but that's just a correlation, i wouldn't conclude that all korean butane is clean. however i would take it over made in china

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Looks awesome!

Just a reminder to anyone who's making BHO which is obvious but overlooked much too often: Boil it off outside!

you don't want a fireball/explosion/loss of eyebrows!

Thanks man I'm trying my best...

Phatty made a VERY STRONG POINT in that post...

DO IT OUTSIDE!!!! I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH AS THIS BEING A BHO NEWBIE THREAD!!!!! This process can be done safely if you aren't a complete idiot. DON'T have your cell phone on you,DON'T smoke cigarettes or weed while bubbling your butane off! DON'T do this near heat of ANY KIND!DON'T do it on your back doorstep with the door OPEN! KEEP ALL WINDOWS CLOSED SO BUTANE DOESN'T LEAK INSIDE!

Safety is key to this stuff folks I would hate for a new grower to see my posts and go try to do this shit in the kitchen not following the directions and blow their house up... I will detail EXACTLY how I make my BHO safely in the next post.. :tiphat:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Ok newbie BHO makers or first timers here is how it's done without needing a special extractor...

I use a glass turkey baster but a stainless steel one will do just fine,pack it full of trim of bud and don't grind it up. The end you pulled the rubber ball you squeeze for suction off of you are going to cover with a coffee filter and secure it with a zip tie or hose clamp NOT TAPE YOU WILL LEACH GLUE IN YOU OIL!!!

Find the tip in the butane cap that fits in the end of your turkey baster and stick in it there and put off to the side till you need it..

Now you need to get your frying pan, pyrex pie dish and set them OUTSIDE(I use my back porch on the concrete).

Then take a glass of hot water from the sink make sure it's as hot as it can get my hot water sucks so I heat a glass of water for a min in the microwave but you may not need to do this. Once you got your hot water take it OUTSIDE to your frying pan and fill the pan with the hot water and set the pyrex pie dish in the water.

Now bring you turkey baster turned BHO extractor and can of butane OUTSIDE AND CLOSE YOUR DOOR/SLIDING GLASS WINDOW...

Spray 1/2-2/3 of a can per turkey baster of trim/bud over the pyrex and it will start boiling off immediately and let it bubble till it stops.

Then take a nail or big safety pin and swirl it around the pyrex dish popping all the bubbles and you will see all your oil start to collect.

Now it is safe to bring you frying pan and pyrex inside and put it on the stove on low heat and swirl your nail or whatever you have to use to pop bubbles and swirl the oil around. Do this every 5min for 15min till it stops bubbling up on you and sometimes it will auto budder on you depending on the strain and get cloudy like butter. So after you are done purging take it off the stove let cool down a bit and scrape up with razor blade, I like to do it while it's still warm so it doesn't shatter everywhere and get lil oil pieces all over my hand... That's how it's done and please follow the directions properly on the first stage of purging and DO IT OUTSIDE!!! How you choose to purge the rest is really up to you and preference really cuz there seem to be a few techniques but so far what I've been doing is working well for me...

Last edited:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
a good majority of butane is made in Korea, I know for fact KING, VECTOR, POWER, and LUCIENNE all are

but that's just a correlation, i wouldn't conclude that all korean butane is clean. however i would take it over made in china

So have you used POWER next to KING or the others listed? Just want to know if I have a good enough quality butane or if I'm going to have that much better and product with the others...

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How about breaking that huge hard to read paragraph into numbered steps?

Any pics of yer setup/steps?

Didn't you wear gloves when dispensing the butane? Stainless steel tube + butane = very cold.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
How about breaking that huge hard to read paragraph into numbered steps?

Any pics of yer setup/steps?

Didn't you wear gloves when dispensing the butane? Stainless steel tube + butane = very cold.

Nope... Didn't have the problem BUT I did with one can and the shit froze my hand leaking out the top.... LOL I use a oven mit to hold it now... After researching a bunch I saw the blown glass BHO extractor's and my dumb ass was staring right at them at the shop! I thought it was a weird meth pipe hahah but nope BHO extractor that was about 1.5" round and 6" long perfect for small batches like I've been doing so I'm going to get one..

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yea the Power 5x is the shit and better than Vector from what I hear, the black Power 3 pictured in the first post is said to be better than King and the other 3x refined brands.. Petey over at the Bay did a test on em and Power was the winner... Then he got his hands on that Power 5x in the blue can and never looked back...

dope_roor

i would never say power 5x is better than vector, it takes more time to purge properly IMO (and I've tried cases of each)

given a few days the power gets pretty smooth

ambertrich

Veteran
Anyone using glass on glass oil extractor tubes? They are a bit pricey but easy to use and clean.
Having trouble with the link. Go to etsy.com and search for "oil extractor" sold by humboltextractollc.
I love glass :)

OsWiZzLe

Vector all day ....if your too cheap to spend the few extra bucks dont make BHO...
Power3x or 5x is crap......

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Well I'll be the judge of that when I get both cuz I've seriously seen waaaayyy too many different preferences of different people. So far Power 3 in the black can has been REALLY nice and I've had BHO Budder that was made with Vector cuz I asked what was used making the batch I was given for X Mas last year. IMVHO The Power 3 Budder I've made has been just nice, now Neon is another story that shit leaves your oil/budder smelling like butane. I smell the Neon outta the can and BOOM same smell I was getting out of my budder. Smelled the Power and it had a totally different smell and not a typical fart like butane smell you get with "cheap" butane.... The if I'm too cheap comment was uncalled for cuz I could afford Vector but couldn't find it and didn't want to wait on shipping ect.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
"did a few more runs the other night. made 7.3 grams. i used the 'power' for these runs. yeah its only 3x, but i think that this is the best oil. the 5x extracts sum of the rubber from the top of my extractor and makes it taste bad. imma look into gettin a glass tube real soon so i wont have to worry about it."

That's coming from a dude that bought out all the Vector in his area and ran pounds of trim with it so I think he knows his oil...

Latest posts

Latest posts