What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

FFA Smoke Report

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
The is a FFA report. The plant was grown in organics and flushed at the end for 2 weeks with plain water.
First pic is while growing and the last pic is the finished product.

First impression of dried buds-Bud is dried but not over dry and crumbly. Not overly packed tight(dense) but no where near loose or airy. Smells from the bud are musky, fruity, with a skunky/kushness to it. Breaking the bud up changes this somewhat detailing earthy, musky, a pine tar pitch scent, and a slight rotten fruit scent to it. The bud in the unbroken state is somewhat dry and this changes when broken up too, becoming sticky and leaving pleasant smells on your fingers that keep your fingers to your nose. Very complex.
Smoking-Used it in a fat joint. The earthy/musky flavors really came out when the smoke hit the mouth, along with a more pronounced pine tar pitch element. Very interesting flavor element.
Effects begin coming on a few minutes after inhaling. A perfect blend of head and body start kicking in. Coming on slowly at first and intensifying from there into a totally relaxed state of mind. Didn't realize how high I was until I saw something funny and like to have busted a gut laughing my ass off.
The high lasted for over an hour.
Overall impressions-Smells are intriguing. Flavors are intense. High is a blend of what I really like in a balanced head and body stone. I can clearly see why Crazy Composer loves this smoke and she will be a favorite in my jars for some time to come. Excellent find with this one CC.

Last edited:
nice lookin nugs and report!

dried shot looks near identical to some sfv kush i grew out, the smells and the flavors you reported seem pretty close too.

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
NO00oooice report ResinRider...still need to run her myself...make's me want her even more......respect to CRazY for puttin her out there for tha masses......MM

resinryder

Veteran
Sauron The Blue-Great to hear from 1st hand experience where some of the parentage shines through.

THISISME-Not stupid at all. FFA=Free For All. It's a strain 1st grown by Crazy Composer consisting of a MSS(Mass Super Skunk) crossed to a OGKA(hermied Abusive OG Kush). Type FFA into the search feature for more info.

MOneYMiKe-Not the biggest yielder I've run but well worth the time to do her. Hope you run her soon!

Last edited:

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Excellent, rydah! :)

I'm so stoked you finally get to have your own stash of FFA. You'll find, as the stash dwindles, that she becomes one of the stashes you most regret running out of! hehehe Like I said in the HT article, I guard my FFA stash like no other! hahahaha! It's true.

Now, to be clear, I am NOT the breeder of FFA. Rez' OGKA hermied and landed on the MSS mom. These seeds are from that cross of MSSxOGK Abusive. I knew that ECSD was created in a similar way, and was very interested in seeing what they turned out. I was not let down. ;) FFA is VERY similar to what I'd hoped to find in such a cross.

I smoked the first of the latest batch of FFA in the high mountains yesterday afternoon. That taste and heavy high are perfect for the mountains. ;)

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
at day 57 i think, and i cant wait to try her. enjoyed your updates along the way rr. nice report-great job......sub

resinryder

Veteran
My bad CC. Meant to say first grown by, not created by. Still a bit foggy from a late night when I typed it, hehe

L

Lune TNS

Crazy Composer said:
You'll find, as the stash dwindles, that she becomes one of the stashes you most regret running out of!

Ain't that the truth...
:badday:

resinryder

Veteran
After smoking some more today, I've come to the realization that this marijuana needs to be mass produced in seed form. This is without a doubt some of the best smoke I've had in a very long time. A winner in the smell, taste, looks, and stone departments. Think I'm moving this jar behind the others on the top shelf!!!

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
Good smoke everyone seems to enjoy it...
Not the most powerful by any means but damn sure a quality high that anyone would be happy burning...Deep skunk undertones,I like it...

Take care.................................CC

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, 99.99% of the pot out there isn't THE most potent. ;) I get PLENTY high with properly grown FFA. I like taking it on trips to the mountains. I'll be doing this today, as a matter of fact. :) I'll be getting REALLY high today. ;)

resinryder

Veteran
Capt. Crip said:
Good smoke everyone seems to enjoy it...
Not the most powerful by any means but damn sure a quality high that anyone would be happy burning...Deep skunk undertones,I like it...

Take care.................................CC

I agree with your assessment Capt C. Not the most potent, but for me it's a very well rounded smoke. More along the lines of what I look for when selecting strains to run through the garden.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
id like to know more about this "pine tar/rotting fruit" ...it sounds like..."fermented pine"...??

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
im hearing mixed reports on the potency of ffa also. a close bro here in socal grew some, and the potency didnt really impress him. i however, found the plant i grew to be very potent. matter of fact, i think it is close, if not equal to the chem d i grew right beside it. also, ive found it to have serious medicinal properties for insomnia. markedly diff. from chem d.
also noticed the aroma is diff. between the growing plant and the curing flowers. seemed to diminish quite a bit in the jar, rather then getting stronger. still a great smell though, completely indescribable for me. i wont even try. lol. taste-well, i def. taste the og in there, but the other tastes, again, i wont even try!

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ahhh, FFA is plenty potent. I've had it grown improperly and it didn't impress me either... It needs to be treated right, like any plant, to get the full experience. I smoke Chem D, Sour Diesel, Hazes, C99, Kushes, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. and I still get impressively high from my FFA. Hell, I hear folks say Sour Diesel isn't that great of a high... Which tells me they didn't flower it long enough, because Sour Diesel is perfectly potent past 70 days.

You know what the best high is??? The one you haven't had in a while, or ever. Variety is the spice that gets you highest. FFA is a tasty tool in the toolbox... And it's fun to watch it grow... especially if it's handled with loving, experienced hands.

Last edited: