What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super sedating strains for quiting Heroin

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
DONT YOU DARE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK YOU KNOW ABOUT ME!!!!do you understand?
i watched my best friend die of an overdose,and much much more,so dont assume to know my life and intentions

I KNOW ADDICTION ALL TOO WELL!!!!

as an addict myself i wouldnrt want advice from a bunch of people i dont know,but i dont trust many people,especially strangers!!

i have also lived with addiction for over 40 years,both myself,family and friends...you could say i was born into it

when douglas curtis posted i saw another point of view so i apologized!!!what a troll move that was!!!!!!!!!!

i apologized,move the fuck on

Dude let it be, your not worth my time. Im here to heIp. I apologize for getting off topic. Let's try to help the guy find a strain, that's what icmag is about, helping. Curtis and AG have some great ideas. If i get a harvest from the Fruity Jack I'll report any help with medical problems it may have/help. Ive been thinking about those CBD strains since Curtis mentioned that. I think most like myself are uneducated about CBD.

And I wish you friend the best, it's gonna be tough on you guys. If you need someone to chat with hit me up. Good luc

yahooman

Dude let it be, your not worth my time. Im here to heIp. I apologize for getting off topic. Let's try to help the guy find a strain, that's what icmag is about, helping. Curtis and AG have some great ideas. If i get a harvest from the Fruity Jack I'll report any help with medical problems it may have/help. Ive been thinking about those CBD strains since Curtis mentioned that. I think most like myself are uneducated about CBD.

And I wish you friend the best, it's gonna be tough on you guys. If you need someone to chat with hit me up. Good luc

here to help...

and all addicts love advice dont they?addicts dont get overwhelmed easy do they?for all you know hes using again because everyone came at the guy with advice,it possibly was too much for him

but you have your phd dont ya dickhead

Del_9_THC

I would agree with other posters who said to get medical attention or guidance on this issue.

While heroin is very addictive, cannabis is not addictive. They also have very different mechanisms of action in the body.

No cannabis strain would alleviate withdrawal symptoms....because cannabinoids will not be opioid receptor agonists nor antagonists.

Medical experts could prescribe methadone and / or monitor your progress.

Good luck!

right

Marijuana is a great preventive measure as an alternative pain medicine . Stay away from big pharma , they don't want to help . Big pharma manufactured the opiate crisis .

Doctors can't really control addiction with the power of the prescription pad. Not with the treatments easily available on the street . People prefer to buy subs on the street.

i'd reccomend almost pure cbd, heavy indicas and try a sativa like green crack in the morning to see if it does anything for you

it all depends on how it makes you feel.

good luck mate im sure if you can make 6 months without using, your life will be much better after that

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't worry about it, you don't have anything to contribute to the thread. Especially no facts, this is a serious matter. There's always a troll in every thread. Where only trying to help somebody with a life threatening issue. And I take addiction seriously, I don't give a shit if you think I'm counseling or whatever. The reason I offer my advice is because ive lived it for 45yrs, watched many friends and family overdose. No that don't make me a expert. But I know how i managed to get straight, and Ive been in programs for 20yrs, yes alot of relapses and things. Every program Ive been in was different facilities and drs/counselors. ive know more about addiction for more yrs than most the members age on here

See where people are coming from,,,
Glad you used “ more years then most members age” cos I am 55yrs and said bye bye to smack in 1986 after years,,
Buried family and a good few friends and with 33 years clean I am still
aware of how quickly it can bite you,,,,
People’s comments were genuinely coming from a good place I believe
I wish the ops friend the very best and any others still fighting the fight,,,
,the only thing that may have helped me all those years ago would have been a heavy indica to help sleep and activate my appetite,,
What Douglas says about cbd is something I would have considered way back then,,,,s2:tiphat:

budsicles

I think Kratom works better than cannabis for opiate withdrawals. It's also cheaper and easier to get unless you live in one of the few states that outlawed it. It can be addictive if you go overboard for too long...but still much better than heroin or methadone. I'm actually using it to cut back on my cannabis intake and it is working great for that. I get much higher quality sleep from kratom than I do from flower/concentrates.

newbert

this guy specifically talked about heroin...wv gave his personal experience about that beast then a bunch of people went on talking about "addiction" like alcohol, heroin, and fast food are all the same thing. addicition isnt just addiction, different substances are different beasts and to think some specific weed strain is gonna help pull you out of a significant heroin habit is naive at best.

next thread- "my friend got shot in the face and is bleeding out, what strain would you recommend for him to smoke so he maintains positive vibes"

"broooooo def early 2000s trainwreck taken when the trichomes are cloudy will take care of that np"

u can t beat the heroin addiction with weed bro u have to take some methadone few days then try with some indica strains.good luck

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
See where people are coming from,,,
Glad you used “ more years then most members age” cos I am 55yrs and said bye bye to smack in 1986 after years,,
Buried family and a good few friends and with 33 years clean I am still
aware of how quickly it can bite you,,,,
People’s comments were genuinely coming from a good place I believe
I wish the ops friend the very best and any others still fighting the fight,,,
,the only thing that may have helped me all those years ago would have been a heavy indica to help sleep and activate my appetite,,
What Douglas says about cbd is something I would have considered way back then,,,,s2:tiphat:

Yes everybody's comments and things are coming from a good place, and lots of great suggestions. Its a touchy subject for lots, most guys that are around weed are around bigger stuff also/or can get bigger drugs if they want is what im saying. So there's alot on the forums with problems. My issue was the disrespect toward me, but it's no big deal. I hope there's a strain to maybe help, everybody's body's are different and probably respond different ie drug treatment. I'm not on here to argue, or be disrespected. I try to treat others with respect around here, and have managed to for many yrs.

yahooman

if you are referring to me i did not disrespect at all,you made a judgement based on nothing really,you called me a troll and i was offended,you hit a sensitive nerve.if you disagree there are much better ways to get your point across than calling someone a troll.i posted what i did because i also take addiction very seriously.you say i disrespected you which i find unfounded,you were the rude one

the guy who started this thread was asking a specific question,then everyone fires back about how he should live his life,as an addict i wouldnt want to read that,it can be overwhelming and confusing which is not how i want anyone to feel.when i was using and became overwhelmed i would turn to drugs,
i wasnt rude,i just stated my opinion.you said i was a troll and had nothing to offer assuming i have no experience with addiction,which is not true at all,it was a rude and ignorant statement.

respect is earned not given btw,

Last edited:

baduy

Northern Lights or Bubba are a good bet. A friend of mine struggling with heroin addiction is growing world of seed's Mazar X White Rhino every year, according to him she does perfectly the job (ie knocks you out) and is ready in 55 days. I don't care much for those type of strains so that's all I cant tell

Gry

If one really loves the feeling of opiates,
as was described by the op, the timing may
not yet be right.

When one gets to the point that quitting
means more than anything else,
something like an extract from a well
done bubba may be viable.
Very best to all who deal with
such issues.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day Folks

If they are going to use Ibogaine .
There may not be any need for opiates , opiate substitutes , weed or pharma drugs .

It apparently rewires the brain to not want to do smack any more . Sounds crazy I know .

Recently, more studies in the Western world have focused on ibogaine as a potential treatment for addiction, especially to opioids, methamphetamine, and even cocaine, which are some of the most addictive substances.

Anecdotal evidence suggests that ibogaine, which is derived from a plant found in the African rainforest, adjusts brain chemistry to the point that a person who otherwise might experience intense withdrawal symptoms for one or two weeks does not go through withdrawal or suffer from cravings. However, scientists exploring the potential of this drug in addiction treatment do not believe ibogaine completely ends addiction; instead, it interrupts the process.
How Does Ibogaine Work?
The addiction model of disease describes the condition as chronic due to long-term changes to the reward centers of the brain. When a person takes ibogaine, the drug is converted into a compound called noribogaine, which targets the areas of the brain affected by drug-seeking and addictive behaviors. Noribogaine “rewires” these areas, allowing the brain to restructure itself to a state similar to before addiction was triggered.

While ibogaine can, for many, ease withdrawal and prevent cravings, that process is more like detox than ending an addiction. There are still steps to be taken after a person no longer physically needs or seeks out substances to abuse.

Success Rates
Medical professionals who have used ibogaine to treat people recovering from methamphetamine addiction report

50-80 percent success rates; however, long-term recovery and relapse avoidance depend largely on entering a rehabilitation program after taking ibogaine with a doctor’s supervision.

One doctor reported a 70-80 percent success rate with effective aftercare; he added that,

when people recovering from meth addiction took ibogaine but returned to the same environment where they had originally abused meth, there was a 90 percent relapse rate.

This was, in part, because visual cues and emotional associations are more salient for people struggling with methamphetamine addiction compared to those struggling with opioid addiction.

Treatment for several addictive substances with ibogaine results in a 20-50 percent rate of abstinence at a one-year follow-up point, on average, and that includes people working to end opioid addiction. Comparatively, Suboxone treatment for opioid addiction shows an 8.6 percent success rate once the person no longer needs to take Suboxone.

A review of information from Brazil, where ibogaine is unregulated and often combined with psychotherapy to treat alcohol, crack, cocaine, and cannabis addiction, showed higher rates of success; however, it should be noted that participants in the study experienced a combination of ibogaine treatment and therapeutic follow-up care. Still, one-time ibogaine treatment resulted in abstinence for an average of 5.5 months, while multiple sessions of ibogaine treatment resulted in abstinence for 8.4 months on average.
While ibogaine treatment may be effective for some people, it may not work for everyone. A 2012 study of people who struggled with opioid addiction, for example, found that 80 percent of participants relapsed within the first six months, with only one-time ibogaine treatment; 20 percent stayed abstinent for more than six months but less than one year; and 13 percent successfully remained abstinent for a year or more.

Those who did relapse during the course of the study, however, were found to take fewer opioid drugs compared to their previous levels of abuse. One of the first studies involving ibogaine, dated to 1983, discusses multiple treatments with ibogaine, suggesting that multiple treatments would be more beneficial. Four treatments, the study found, helped an individual in recovery maintain abstinence for three years, while one treatment was good for about six months on average.

While ibogaine may work for some people, it is important to undergo detox with medical supervision and enter a comprehensive rehabilitation program. The social support needed in recovery is provided by medical professionals, therapists, counselors, and others who work in rehabilitation programs. This is an incredibly important step because relearning behaviors, understanding addiction, and managing the emotional experience of ending an addiction requires assistance from multiple people. There is no cure for addiction; recovery takes time and ongoing support.

Thanks for sharin

EB .

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey E B BIG ups on that last paragraph,that's the best advice/perspective I've seen posted in any of these recent addiction threads. :ying:

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice one Elmer,,,
Saw a BBC doc years ago about ibogaine,
Thanks for sharing, ,s2

you guys scared him away!poor guy...
why do people feel they need to give advice when its not asked....guy hasnt even responded and your still going

Lol they didn't scare me off. I'm just taking long to reply.
Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

Quiting benzo's or heroin is a huge deal.
I've heard many success stories of people quiting heroin after taking Ibogaine a few times. That being said if you don't change your life then even Ibogaine won't help.

Thanks for all the different suggestions and advice.

I quit smoking once long ago with LSD. I guess strong psychedlics can instill the will power in you , given that you have a very very bad trip that makes you look at your life in retrospect.

That being said if you believe in God like me then prayer will also help and a strong sense of purpose.

I have lots of friends who are and were addicts. One interesting I've seen with addicts in their twenties especially ladies is that they quit meth or even heroin cold turkey if they fall pregnant and realize life is more than just about yourself.

I'm going to acquire some Kratom (different strains and play with that in my garden)

Thanks for the suggestions around the terpenenes in OG Kush.
I think if I get more space or more friends who grow then I will start breeding some lines that could be useful to heroin addicts since I have a large amount of heroin addicts around me(I've never dared to touch the stuff myself).

The closest I could get to the Hollywood Pure Kush ended up being Hazeman's L.A Pure. Can give more details about the lineage of that strain for anyone interested.

Btw is there an area on icmag where we can trade seeds?
I trade seeds on strainly, but trading on here would be cool too.

Thanks