What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My favorite strains - PanHaze, Haze x KC, A5 x NMK, NH x NMK

Happy Times

Hi, fellas, good friends and great breeders;)

The a5 x NMK turned out to be the literal crack cocaine of marijuana. I couldn't get enough of its stink or high and it caused me to disappear for a while. When out of big buds, I went into my hash bin and grabbed 2 jars of popcorn buds to smoke... this while having a wonderful mango/banana zamaldelica, malawi PCK and Orient express to choose from.

Good to see youse guys! dwd

Yeah, I’m not the greatest with descriptions of smell, taste and high, and I love the good old “what jar disappears first?” ranking test. Sounds like a stellar one there!

What’s NMK? Just found this thread and didn’t read it all yet so my apologies if already posted

SolarLogos

Greetings DWD. What a lovely group of hazy girls! For what it's worth, both of my Pan leaning HxP have been yellowing the leaves for quite a while outdoors and there is nothing I can find to stop it. Iron/zinc every few weeks helps, but doesn't stop it, neither does flushing. I've tried everything I can think of. Maybe our containers just aren't big enough for the Panama roots. I will have to see when I pull the plants after harvest.
Best of luck my friend, I'm really looking forward to how your hazy ladies smoke.
Peace, God bless
DWD,
The more I think of it, I'm sure pot size is the reason for my Panama leaning crosses to be yellowing up leaves. They have the largest pots (15 gallon smartpots), however, they dry up daily when the others don't. They get 4 gallons of water/nutes daily, yet when it's time to water (about 10:00am) the next day, the leaves and tops are wilting.
After flushing, they are still getting 2K ppm 5 days/week organic liquid nutes and they act like they want more, no sign of over-feeding. For a sativa, it seems that Panama really beefs up whatever it crosses into: stalk, branches, bigger leaves, heavier feeding and likely bigger root system. I will find out after harvest and I pull the plant.
Peace, God bless

PurpleBuz

Yeah, I’m not the greatest with descriptions of smell, taste and high, and I love the good old “what jar disappears first?” ranking test. Sounds like a stellar one there!

What’s NMK? Just found this thread and didn’t read it all yet so my apologies if already posted

NMK "New Malawi Killer"

deepwaterdude

Awesome dude ! keep it going..:biggrin:

Thanks, Sir Reapsgooeyinabundance! Your donks are looking puuurfect. You still running your sensi A + B coco? Thinking on next grow;)

Orf! Nice gaggle of girls you got under your light. I do think the C5 x KC will produce now she's healthy, just shot her first pistils;o) May drag her and the chair inside once I harvest the left side of the tent. She's got a wicked good smell when she's happy;o) Outdoor night temps are already touching 40s Fahrenheit.

SolarLogos, thanks for the look in on the Panama. She's underfed yet still curling leaves in my case, so I've got to think pH, micronutes or watering frequency. She does dry up quicker than the others;)

Yep, NMK means new malawi killer, the elite malawi used on the two new Sammy/Neville crosses. And killer def means killer in her case;)

Thanks for looking in everyone, may your one outdoor plant = my tent:biggrin:

deepwaterdude

C5 x KC tester outdoors. Starting to look nice/mean.

C5 x KC tester outdoors. Starting to look nice/mean.

This is starting to be a very nice looking plant with very intriguing leaves. She's smelled to high heaven since she was a babe, and now she's got a thick frame to build on. Surprising trunk on her.

Attachments

• C5 x KC aug 24.jpg
    C5 x KC aug 24.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Think she looks pretty mechante.jpg
    Think she looks pretty mechante.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Wicked KC leaves with an added haziness of sorts.jpg
    Wicked KC leaves with an added haziness of sorts.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Lots of branching, large internodal space for her nugs.jpg
    Lots of branching, large internodal space for her nugs.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Little KC purple in there.jpg
    Little KC purple in there.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 26

deepwaterdude

Cutting the two Killer A5s tomorrow, maybe the Haze x KC. Happy to trim a bit;) Also get to reorient the remaining girls for best finish.

deepwaterdude

First three down - Nice purple Haze x KC, Killer A5 1 + 2

First three down - Nice purple Haze x KC, Killer A5 1 + 2

Glad to chop these girls while there was still some good health to their flowers.
The Killer A5 #1 had a couple of tops with browning leaves on every bud (helped me decide to cut her), so I'm drying those separately with a close trim. Those branches were already drying on the vine and light. The buds on her look very malawi to my eye and nicely done, so no worries.
Killer A5 2 is weighty and very promising for all her smallness;) Big, chunky tops on every branch. 2 nanners on one top. Hadn't seen them before harvest.
Haze x KC has a bewitching smell, as most KC strains do. Sweet, dark fruit, didn't get as big as Syd unfortunately, but healthy at cut, coulda gone another week.
Tons of fungus gnats, or root aphids, don't know which. Signals overwater. Here dey is for the first coupla days. deep

Attachments

• Killer A5 1- took her down because 2 tops looked like they might have rot.jpg
    Killer A5 1- took her down because 2 tops looked like they might have rot.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Killer A5 1-cathair pheno.jpg
    Killer A5 1-cathair pheno.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Haze x KC.jpg
    Haze x KC.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 35
  • Lovely smelling Haze x Kali China.jpg
    Lovely smelling Haze x Kali China.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 3 down 70 days.jpg
    3 down 70 days.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Killer A5 2.jpg
    Killer A5 2.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Killer A5 2-quite a chunky one.jpg
    Killer A5 2-quite a chunky one.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Killer A5 2-fat little sister.jpg
    Killer A5 2-fat little sister.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 32
  • A5 1.jpg
    A5 1.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Killer A5 1.jpg
    Killer A5 1.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 27

Buddler

Veteran
Ive had the catpiss pheno before but the cathairs a new one lol..Nice haul man i always pick all the hair off before the photo shoot..:)Its good you like trimming cause you got lots ..Great harvest my friend enjoy the fruits.Oh yes still running sensi for coco very light..Take care..:tiphat:

orfeas

Veteran
Courtesy would call for comments like Buddler's but hey truth lies in the eye of the beholder...and to mine the pictures are reminiscent of my last meagre(?) harvest hehehe...dubious ...

Say what was that "it might have rot" ? There's no "might" with rot, it's either there or it ain't ...

Lovely flowers by the way!

:tiphat:orf

deepwaterdude

:laughing: I gotta agree with orfeas, Budd's being too kind;) No rot, btw, just 2 dying branches. I blame the heat.

The plants dried their outer layer super fast (3 days hang) in my 10% humidity, were in my curing drawer for just a day and now are already jarred to even out what moisture's left, then vac sealed for while. One big gallon jar stuffed of each, so just a coupla zips per girl. Meagre, as orf said, compared to their capabilities, but six zips of the truly good stuff is nothing to laugh at.
As Koondense has named his beautiful thread, this has been the Summer of Hell, and continues even now in the tent. Temps at mid canopy got to the mid 90s every day of this grow and still do. I lifted the light 2 inches and laid out panama haze on the net so she would stay cooler, as her lowers are healthier than those at 12" from the light.
They're at 75 days, and strangely enough, that there Super Malawi Haze is finishing really nicely. She was the shortest plant, has lovely, foxtailed nugs at every node and nice chunky tops, all that are starting to finish up their last pistils. At least a week more, probably go 13 if I get to look at trichs.
The C5 x Kali China outdoors is getting quite big now to be still pre flowering only. It looks like September will be a nice month, my thinking was that I could bring her in when things get nastier out, but she may be too big by then. Hmmm. Wheels + chair scrog, maybe possible.
Have a lovely day, dee

deepwaterdude

C5 x Kali China chair scrog

C5 x Kali China chair scrog

I looked in on Syd's, and this one is similar if less stocky and less far along. Probably not as well fed;) But she's putting on a lot of preflower mass and branchiness. Getting pretty good lookin. I'd love to bring her inside in a couple of weeks when things get cooler. I love me a one plant scrog.
Here she is. Powerful to be in her vicinity, smellwise.

Attachments

• DSC03935.jpg
    DSC03935.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC03934.jpg
    DSC03934.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC03933.jpg
    DSC03933.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC03932.jpg
    DSC03932.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC03931.jpg
    DSC03931.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 22
G

She's a beauty dude!Yours is closer to the C5 than mine from pics I've seen.
Would love to see you manipulate her indoors :)

The Hatter

Veteran
It's nice to see there are a few others out there in this crazy desert who enjoy the old school sativas. Your garden is lovely and it's part of what has inspired me to give the Killer A5 a prominent spot in my next run. They seem to be tame enough that I don't have to worry too much about them going berserk, stretching up into the lights and flowering for 18 weeks.

I love the tropical sativas, but I've been bitten a couple of times by finding unexpectedly extremely long flowering phenos in tropical hybrids that weren't supposed to go that long which has made me a bit gun shy.

From what I've seen the killer A5 seems to be quite manageable in that regard. I'm going to grow those along with Kali China x Zam since both look mouth watering and I haven't seen any reports of either going super long.

Best of luck. May your trees bare many fruit and may your green chile always be extra spicy.

deepwaterdude

Chunkpuppy Crystalfox - Or Super Malawi Haze

Chunkpuppy Crystalfox - Or Super Malawi Haze

nice pics sativa power!!
Thank you, Ness, welcome aboard;o)

She's a beauty dude!Yours is closer to the C5 than mine from pics I've seen.
Would love to see you manipulate her indoors :)

Syd, man, your place is getting nuts! With the c5 x KC, a really promising, stinky plant, I'd love to bring her in and tie her down. Would require a hacksaw and at least one friend;0)

It's nice to see there are a few others out there in this crazy desert who enjoy the old school sativas. Your garden is lovely and it's part of what has inspired me to give the Killer A5 a prominent spot in my next run. They seem to be tame enough that I don't have to worry too much about them going berserk, stretching up into the lights and flowering for 18 weeks.

I love the tropical sativas, but I've been bitten a couple of times by finding unexpectedly extremely long flowering phenos in tropical hybrids that weren't supposed to go that long which has made me a bit gun shy.

From what I've seen the killer A5 seems to be quite manageable in that regard. I'm going to grow those along with Kali China x Zam since both look mouth watering and I haven't seen any reports of either going super long.

Best of luck. May your trees bare many fruit and may your green chile always be extra spicy.

It's a good choice, my bro. She deserves a prominent spot at the very least;) And where I am, enthusiasts abound, as well as pros and nincompoops. A lady recently got hauled in by the feds with 127 plants. Hard to claim personal use.
I'd check out Super Malawi Haze, too. Seems to want to go 14 weeks tops. Here she is mid week 12, didn't stretch much, but puts on the foxy chunk so much I couldn't help renaming her a few times;)

Panama haze seems to be going the way of Killer A5 1, with her tops dying before the lowers. I hope to be able to get her a few more weeks, but she may have a real problem.

Attachments

• Super Malawi Haze close to finish.jpg
    Super Malawi Haze close to finish.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Super Malawi Haze mid week 12.jpg
    Super Malawi Haze mid week 12.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Her foxiness.jpg
    Her foxiness.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 23
  • SoMuch in all her glory.jpg
    SoMuch in all her glory.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Chunkpuppy crystalfox.jpg
    Chunkpuppy crystalfox.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Panama Haze mid week 12 - not good health.jpg
    Panama Haze mid week 12 - not good health.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 36

SolarLogos

Thank you, Ness, welcome aboard;o)

Syd, man, your place is getting nuts! With the c5 x KC, a really promising, stinky plant, I'd love to bring her in and tie her down. Would require a hacksaw and at least one friend;0)

It's a good choice, my bro. She deserves a prominent spot at the very least;) And where I am, enthusiasts abound, as well as pros and nincompoops. A lady recently got hauled in by the feds with 127 plants. Hard to claim personal use.
I'd check out Super Malawi Haze, too. Seems to want to go 14 weeks tops. Here she is mid week 12, didn't stretch much, but puts on the foxy chunk so much I couldn't help renaming her a few times;)

Panama haze seems to be going the way of Killer A5 1, with her tops dying before the lowers. I hope to be able to get her a few more weeks, but she may have a real problem.
WOW, amazing job my friend! :jawdrop: Look at all those frosty foxtails. They look top shelf, each one of them!
Peace, God bless

Latest posts

Latest posts