What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Motherlode Gardens 2019

Dude I just got back on IcMag like a billion years later, and the only name I could remember was yours... I used to love following your grows. Glad to see you are still around, and from the looks... still killing it.

Green mojo your way bro, cheers for a fat season. :biggrin:

better then that one guy from icmag.

ronbo51

Veteran
I just want to say thanks for continuing the tradition of large plant growing here on IC.

The year I first came here was an onslaught of good growers who were blowing up the Cali scene. Nomad joined that year, Local Hero, a lot of guys I can't remember were regularly posting up epic outdoor grows. It was exciting, informative, and set the stage for limited plant count production.

Now things are different, a lot different but for those of us who aspire to put a few large plants in the yard and attempt to grow some high quality boutique flowers you are one of the beacons that lead us through the darkness. Thanks again. Good luck. Keep those sunset pictures coming.

In

DAT

All the best to you Screws! Last season looked spectacular. You always do such a magnificent job. Your work is simply mind blowing.
Sorry I missed catching up with you last year.. things fell apart rather quickly living in LA. It was a horrible experience and all the weed I bought at the shops was poison. I ended up moving out to New Mexico for a few months but that was rather aweful so when a good gig came up in Oklahoma I jumped on it. Oklahoma went Medical about a year ago and it is like the “ gold rush” around here. Every where you look dispensary’s and bill boards for cannabis. They passed the most liberal med laws and you don’t need any proof to get you card . You just go to a med doc to have a form signed and give 60 bucks then another 100 bucks to the state. Still a stupid money racquet but for the folks around here they are ecstatic and there is a lot of excitement around. I haven’t gotten stoned since Los Angeles back last July! So looking forward to 4/20 in 10 days and partaking in some local 420 festivities!
Great to see you again!
Take care!

GReen dreAM

Veteran
Nice to see YOU again,

Thanks for the photo above, as I have just said to my friend: LOOKS LIKE TO MUCH HPS LIGHT from start .... and then we read ur confirmation heh....

Good Luck 2019 !

gd

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
All the best to you Screws! Last season looked spectacular. You always do such a magnificent job. Your work is simply mind blowing.
Sorry I missed catching up with you last year.. things fell apart rather quickly living in LA. It was a horrible experience and all the weed I bought at the shops was poison. I ended up moving out to New Mexico for a few months but that was rather aweful so when a good gig came up in Oklahoma I jumped on it. Oklahoma went Medical about a year ago and it is like the “ gold rush” around here. Every where you look dispensary’s and bill boards for cannabis. They passed the most liberal med laws and you don’t need any proof to get you card . You just go to a med doc to have a form signed and give 60 bucks then another 100 bucks to the state. Still a stupid money racquet but for the folks around here they are ecstatic and there is a lot of excitement around. I haven’t gotten stoned since Los Angeles back last July! So looking forward to 4/20 in 10 days and partaking in some local 420 festivities!
Great to see you again!
Take care!
hey DAT sorry you didn't have fun in LA, that city is very rough these days. I know some cool cats from Oklahoma, the scene is definitely starting to pop off down there. stick around and have fun, should be a good year. cheers!

Nice to see YOU again,

Thanks for the photo above, as I have just said to my friend: LOOKS LIKE TO MUCH HPS LIGHT from start .... and then we read ur confirmation heh....

Good Luck 2019 !

gd
my t5's were busted and I though maybe a gavita on it's lowest setting wouldn't be too much for the babies but I was wrong. They are doing better now though, ready to go out in the greenhouse asap.

nice to see Sprite in the mix
Sprite always crushes it here. we had some massive ones last year. The Purple Sprite is even better, more complexity.

Lyfespan

hey DAT sorry you didn't have fun in LA, that city is very rough these days. I know some cool cats from Oklahoma, the scene is definitely starting to pop off down there. stick around and have fun, should be a good year. cheers!

my t5's were busted and I though maybe a gavita on it's lowest setting wouldn't be too much for the babies but I was wrong. They are doing better now though, ready to go out in the greenhouse asap.

Sprite always crushes it here. we had some massive ones last year. The Purple Sprite is even better, more complexity.

those seeds you gave us 2 years ago killed it, but no purple pheno for us. i did cross them and sitting on the seeds somewhere:dance013:

caliprop215

Veteran
thanks but we’ve used that one in the past and it didnt perform very well, also happy hippie needs to be amended which i am trying to avoid, i want something thats gassed up and ready to roll. we ordered the Big Roots, 40yards for 6k which isnt too bad. peace!

Where did u get this? Did u have it shipped from big roots. I'm looking to buy this also I'm in central California

40degsouth

Hey everyone,
Shcrews,l was just wondering if you could tell me a bit more about the Dank Commander. I noticed you said it was the second biggest plant in your garden last year after the Ancients.
Is there a reason why it's not in your big plant line up this year??
I'd love to hear your thoughts on the strain because this one is available to me and your opinion will be poignant and incitefull.
I'm wishing you all the best in fighting the russets this year and really looking forward to seeing how your improved IPM rolls them!!
Cheers 40

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
those seeds you gave us 2 years ago killed it, but no purple pheno for us. i did cross them and sitting on the seeds somewhere:dance013:
There's barely any purple phenos in the Sprite. However our Purple Sprite, which is Sprite BX Ancient OG, has some really great ones.

Where did u get this? Did u have it shipped from big roots. I'm looking to buy this also I'm in central California
Soil King in cloverdale. I'm sure they have a website too. We received our soil from them last week, transplanted into it yesterday. I will let you know how it is performing soon.

Hey everyone,
Shcrews,l was just wondering if you could tell me a bit more about the Dank Commander. I noticed you said it was the second biggest plant in your garden last year after the Ancients.
Is there a reason why it's not in your big plant line up this year??
I'd love to hear your thoughts on the strain because this one is available to me and your opinion will be poignant and incitefull.
I'm wishing you all the best in fighting the russets this year and really looking forward to seeing how your improved IPM rolls them!!
Cheers 40
hey thanks for stopping by.

The Dank Commander from Rare Dankness performed very well for us, it was a pleasure to grow in every sense. Unfortunately it just wasn't my cup of tea. I have a high tolerance and most strains just don't do the trick. I much prefer kushes, chems, and kush or chem crosses. like OG, Bubba, Chem4, 91Chem, etc.. Those are also the sort of things that are in highest demand around here, so it makes sense to grow mostly that.

In regards to Rare Dankness Seeds, I really enjoyed the 501st OG and the Flo OG from them. We are trying the Rugburn OG this year. I guess I would grow the Dank Commander again if i wanted a big fruity sativa. hope this helps.

IPM regimen this year will be spraying weekly with sulfur and venerate/grandevo. Maybe essential oils as well. And we might use predatory mites as well but not sure how well they will hold up to the sprays.

Lyfespan

There's barely any purple phenos in the Sprite. However our Purple Sprite, which is Sprite BX Ancient OG, has some really great ones.

Soil King in cloverdale. I'm sure they have a website too. We received our soil from them last week, transplanted into it yesterday. I will let you know how it is performing soon.

hey thanks for stopping by.

The Dank Commander from Rare Dankness performed very well for us, it was a pleasure to grow in every sense. Unfortunately it just wasn't my cup of tea. I have a high tolerance and most strains just don't do the trick. I much prefer kushes, chems, and kush or chem crosses. like OG, Bubba, Chem4, 91Chem, etc.. Those are also the sort of things that are in highest demand around here, so it makes sense to grow mostly that.

In regards to Rare Dankness Seeds, I really enjoyed the 501st OG and the Flo OG from them. We are trying the Rugburn OG this year. I guess I would grow the Dank Commander again if i wanted a big fruity sativa. hope this helps.

IPM regimen this year will be spraying weekly with sulfur and venerate/grandevo. Maybe essential oils as well. And we might use predatory mites as well but not sure how well they will hold up to the sprays.

BT man dont forget the BT, its going to be a bad year for worms and caterpillars. its like a bug explosion this year

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
greenhouse construction

greenhouse construction

well I'm no Bob Villa but here I am trying again for the 4th year to successfully build a greenhouse to shield our starts from the weather until it warms up a bit more.

For the most part i'm going off of plans given to me by BYF, a very sturdy design with cheap materials. However we deviated a bit from the plans so if it doesn't work out then I accept full responsibility.

The sides of the greenhouse are PVC slipped over t-posts. this attaches to the top piece which was supposed to be curved but we made it into a point instead. We haven't got past this stage yet but i will share more picture when we do, hopefully later today.

Demolishing the old hoophouse:
c7I3NPgl.jpg

Re-using the PVC from the demoliton:
ZEqFfMGl.jpg

Installing vertical supports for new hoophouse:
c4hSwv9l.jpg

5qWB6vEl.jpg

Progress:
Lms6X1Al.jpg

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Seed Starts

Seed Starts

transplanted the babies yesterday. As you can see it was nice and sunny.. Today is a bit colder so we really want to get our greenhouse finished up and get them inside.

hlY6dPJh.jpg

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
I have a high tolerance and most strains just don't do the trick. I much prefer kushes, chems, and kush or chem crosses. like OG, Bubba, Chem4, 91Chem, etc.. Those are also the sort of things that are in highest demand around here, so it makes sense to grow mostly that.

Thanks for the input man, I sprouted a bagseed few weeks ago of Lifted OG my friend found in an eighth and said was really good. Its Rare Dankness 501st OG x Exotic Genetix Cookies and Cream (Alien Genetics Starfighter x Girl Scout Cookies).

I also started a couple bagseeds I found a few months ago of Cheesecake strain Which is Girl Scout Candy (Alien Rock Candy x Girl Scout Cookies) crossed with Confidential Cheese (LA Confidential x Exodus Cheese).

And 1 bagseed of the strain Gummo which is Orange Bud x Bubblegum. If all goes well planning to make seeds to save/start working with.

Dankwolf

Thanks for the input man, I sprouted a bagseed few weeks ago of Lifted OG my friend found in an eighth and said was really good. Its Rare Dankness 501st OG x Exotic Genetix Cookies and Cream (Alien Genetics Starfighter x Girl Scout Cookies).

I also started a couple bagseeds I found a few months ago of Cheesecake strain Which is Girl Scout Candy (Alien Rock Candy x Girl Scout Cookies) crossed with Confidential Cheese (LA Confidential x Exodus Cheese).

And 1 bagseed of the strain Gummo which is Orange Bud x Bubblegum. If all goes well planning to make seeds to save/start working with.

Nice line up :tiphat:.

DAT

Looking good out there Screws! Nice work! Can you recommend a seed company to me for some good quality Chem4 or OG? Happy 420!

little-soldier

Its good to see you back at it again Shcrews. Did you end up buying a trimming machine for dry flowers last year after all? If so what brand did you go with. I really hate trimming lol

Latest posts

Latest posts