What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super Malawi Haze

OZZ_

Veteran
Killer a5 is the malawi x a5 cut and super malawi haze is malawi x nevilles haze

Yes, but I thought the A5 cut is a Neville’s haze? Is this not correct?

So Killer A5 is Malawi x the A5 cut of Neville’s haze
And the super Malawi haze is Malawi x Neville’s haze.... this is my confusion, what’s the difference?

Maybe the A5 is a different pheno of Neville’s Haze? It’s not very clear but again, I’ve had a long day so maybe I’m not remembering correctly.

Dr.King

Veteran

And the super Malawi haze is Malawi x Neville’s haze.... this is my confusion, what’s the difference?

Maybe the A5 is a different pheno of Neville’s Haze? It’s not very clear but again, I’ve had a long day so maybe I’m not remembering correctly.

When you go to the threads. Super Malawi Haze is a 90% Sativa 10% Indica. The Killer A5 is a 80%/20% selection with Northern lights in it. The SMH doesn't seems to have NL's in it as I see in. So in the A5 you have a chance of getting a NL/Haze pheno as Dubi posted in the thread. I'm sure Dubi will drop by an share his wisdom on this topic. Happy growing as always.

musigny23

From the Ace website:
Killer A5 Haze is the rare mother A5 Haze preserved and then pollinated by Ace's Malawi Killer male.
A5 Haze by Nevil (Northern Lights #5/HazeA) x Malawi Killer

Super Malawi Haze is a selected and preserved late 80s Nevil's Haze mother pollinated with the same Malawi Killer male.
Late 80's Nevil's Haze x Malawi Killer

Easy to get confused as they are very similar.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi OZZ,

As our friends correctly pointed out, A5 Haze is Northern Lights #5 x Haze,
while Nevil's Haze is NL/Haze backcrossed to pure Haze again: (Northern Lights #5 x Haze) x Haze).

Killer A5 Haze is A5 Haze x Killer Malawi
Super Malawi Haze is Nevil's Haze x Killer Malawi
thus Super Malawi Haze has slightly higher sativa percentage in its genetics than Killer A5 Haze.

All this info is stated in the official strain descriptions on our website, as well as here in the threads dedicated to each strain.

Maybe it’s because I’m just finishing a 12 hour work day, but I’m a bit confused, what’s the difference then between the Killer A5 Haze and this Super Malawi Haze?

OZZ_

Veteran
Hi OZZ,

As our friends correctly pointed out, A5 Haze is Northern Lights #5 x Haze,
while Nevil's Haze is NL/Haze backcrossed to pure Haze again: (Northern Lights #5 x Haze) x Haze).

Killer A5 Haze is A5 Haze x Killer Malawi
Super Malawi Haze is Nevil's Haze x Killer Malawi
thus Super Malawi Haze has slightly higher sativa percentage in its genetics than Killer A5 Haze.

All this info is stated in the official strain descriptions on our website, as well as here in the threads dedicated to each strain.

Thanks everyone for clearing that up!

deepwaterdude

Morning fellas, hope you're all well and enjoying things! Thanks for the kind words on my little plant, only yahweh and dubi can take credit for the beauty thereof;) I just carry water and try not to chop, as I'm doing with Panama Haze right now.

So, I started writing a smoke report last night (very early one as the plant is about 4 days dry, I think?) that I abandoned, having had a sudden attack of hunger and impatience. C.P. Crystalfox is barely smokeable, but VERY interesting.
First and overwhelmingly so, is floaty softness, a pure Haze flight with which I was unfamiliar. Overwhelming is the wrong word, but "obvious" isn't, so there's an obvious floatiness, a bit of twitch to the body but no anxiety, and a notable cerebral effect that plunges me into thoughts; not hard thought pockets like Killer A5 #1, floaty deepness but sharp eyed and alert. This is a weird herb;0) Distinct, powerful, a little scary with its float and GREAT for playing music, at least last night;)
Anyway, more soon. Very light terps, can't really tell what her finished, cured smell will be. Notable is the absence of the NL side that can be so potent in the Killer A5 and the presence of a much softer, kinder haziness.

Edit; and super smooth smoke, less aggravating for the old lung.

Second Edit hour later; Halfway through spliff (?) she's a much heavier hitter. I've got idiot eyes all of a sudden, eyebrows half raised as if constantly musing at some inner joke of the universe. Biiiig body softness/relaxation, but not body stone, I'm feeling it comes from the mind's floatiness. I'd be amazed if any of this saw a six month cure. This little plant gave more than the other three harvested before it by about 1/4. Yeehaw, I say, yeehaw.

As Pandy said,they do resemble sand worms,I think Mayan had a malawi x pck that finished in the same foxtail style.

Lol that’s definitely where I got that reference from. I think we need to normalise the use of it for that kind of foxtailing, bring it into the common vernacular. Must be a Malawi outcross thing eh?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the early smoke report DWD friend ;)

At first I found the Nevil's Haze mother lacking something (especially terpene-wise) compared with A5 Haze mother (which has much more penetrating terpenes), but now with the Malawi outcrosses i'm appreciating each day more (and i think other growers too) the potential and qualities of this Nevil's Haze in hybrids .... Super Malawi Haze (Nevil's Haze x Malawi) is much more uplifting and much more suitable for activities than Killer A5 Haze (A5 Haze x Malawi). The Nevil's Haze mother is indeed great breeding material.

I would love to cross at some point Green Haze #19 and Purple Haze #23 from Oldtimer's Haze line with this Nevil's Haze mother (reversed).
These combinations would produce an almost pure Haze hybrid (90 %) with amazing (yet enough distant) Haze parental plants.

G

T

I would love to cross at some point Green Haze #19 and Purple Haze #23 from Oldtimer's Haze line with this Nevil's Haze mother (reversed).
These combinations would produce an almost pure Haze hybrid (90 %) with amazing (yet enough distant) Haze parental plants.

Good news!
Mine looks malawi in structure...But haze in resin and smell.

BnIYkTG.jpg
huQXKjw.jpg
7Xtd50F.jpg

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Northern lights #5 x Haze A male.... is A5

Neville's Haze is a5 x Haze C male

a5 is one of Nev's breeding stock aka one of Nev's hazes... Its basically just a old Northernlights Haze that isn't made anymore... Now the Northernlights Haze is made with Haze C male... C5.

J

jaded1

Lovely looking girl Musigny!Has anyone had a plant that throws horizontal branches?

Ncali

Veteran
Lovely looking girl Musigny!Has anyone had a plant that throws horizontal branches?

By structure, sounds hazy to me? You have one going like that?

Considering the pedigree of the haze... that could be a very interesting pheno, if that's your sort of thing.

Looking gorgeous musigny, she looks so frosted already!

J

jaded1

Yeah i have Ncali,i've had to use a scrog net and bend her branches up through it to get her growing vertically.She looks haze dom to me but will have to wait and see what smells come from her to be sure.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking great musigny23 ;)

She indeed looks like a Neville's Haze tamed pheno with those dense rounded flowering structures of great flower/leaf ratio.
Best wishes for the rest of the flowering!

A quick post with a pic of one two SMH I have. Looking really good. Several weeks to go, hope the weather keeps on, really good so far.

View Image

musigny23

2019 grow

2019 grow

Two weeks on from my previous post and I have a few more photos. I have two plants and they are definitely different phenos. Things are getting pretty good and just about finished. Recent weather here has been pretty great. Very thankful for that.

I think this one would be the Malawi pheno but I could be wrong.

NUHnoEz.jpg

U4HDsJT.jpg

Here is the other one. A bit bigger and longer colas. The other plant has more segmented colas. It was midday and the bright sun light seems to lighten the color a bit. Also in the past week it has gotten lighter in color. Here, as they get near the very end, plants here seem to do that. Feeding doesn't seem to make any difference.

nqf0EQp.jpg

zQE3jwM.jpg