What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ethiopia x Malawi

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
AUTHENTIC 'OLD SCHOOL' 100% SATIVA AFRICAN F1 HYBRID, BRED WITH OUR BEST PARENTAL PLANTS FROM MALAWI AND ETHIOPIA

The Malawi and the Ethiopian are high quality pure African sativas, both very vigorous and productive in themselves, but when combined in a direct F1 they explode in vigour, production and potency, reaching previously unsuspected levels.

The growth of this hybrid tends slightly more to the Ethiopian side, being tall, slender and flexible, although with greater robustness, and with a moderate stretch and internodal distance thanks to the more tamed influence of Malawi. Its flowers show the most desirable qualities of the African sativas: very beautiful, long, thin and delicate Ethiopian pistils, which are born from an abundant, dense and very resinous floral structure with very little leaf, a trait inherited from the Malawi Killer phenotypes. Being an eminently tropical sativa hybrid, its flowering is moderate to long, although under the right conditions of strong light intensity and warm temperatures plants can yield huge crops that offer an enhanced high quality African sativa effect: cerebral, energetic, and psychedelic at the same time.

The flowers have a sweet perfume of citrus/lemon and sandalwood aromas, with delicate floral and woody touches, slightly musky, with an earthy, dense and resinous background.

A sativa hybrid specially created for lovers of potent and high yielding pure African sativas, and for outdoor cultivation in tropical or subtropical climates.

A standard (regular) and feminized limited edition, available while stocks last.

AVAILABLE IN STANDARD AND FEMINIZED FORMAT
F1 HYBRID
% SATIVA / INDICA: 100 % SATIVA
FLOWERING INDOORS: 12-13 WEEKS
FLOWERING OUTDOORS: FIRST HALF OF NOVEMBER
YIELD / M2: HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST SPIDER MITES: AVERAGE
RESISTANCE AGAINST MILDEW: AVERAGE-HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST BOTRYTIS: HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST WHITE FLY: AVERAGE-HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST COLD: AVERAGE-HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST HEAT: HIGH
LATITUDE: 0º-43º
THC: 14-20 %
CBD: 0.1 %
CBG: 0.7 %
Terpene profile: It has not yet been analyzed.

GENETICS: Our best 2nd generation Ethiopian parental plants x Malawi Killer.
STRUCTURE: Tall, thin and flexible, although robust, and with a moderate stretch and internodal distance.
BOUQUET: Citrus/lemon and sandalwood. Sweet perfume, with delicate floral and woody touches, slightly musky, with an earthy, dense and resinous background.
HIGH: Classic strong and high quality African sativa effect. It produces an initial discharge of physical energy that also accelerates the thoughts, later evolving into a more dense, complex and trippy high. A real journey of good duration and with different stages within the most emblematic psychoactive qualities of African sativas.

CULTIVATION TIPS

Outdoors, it produces excellent results in tropical/subtropical climates, although it can also be grown with great success in warm coastal weathers with mild autumns (similar to the Mediterranean) until latitude 43º.

Indoors, it requires strong light intensity and enough space to develop properly. A sativa hybrid that’s very well suited to both SOG and SCROG culture.

We recommend low/moderate levels of nutrients (especially of nitrogen) for the whole cycle, and slightly higher amounts of PK at the peak of floral production in mid-flowering.

--------------------------------

Special thanks to our brother Tangwena and other growers for helping us to test this new african pure sativa landrace F1 hybrid :wave:

More info about this limited edition can be found at:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=346543&page=6

Attachments

• Malawi New Killer x Etíope P1 regular Tangwena 10 week of flowering.jpg
    Malawi New Killer x Etíope P1 regular Tangwena 10 week of flowering.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 226
  • Malawi New Killer x Etíope P1 regular Tangwena 9 week of flowering2.jpg
    Malawi New Killer x Etíope P1 regular Tangwena 9 week of flowering2.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 191
  • Malawi New Killer x Etíope P1 regular Tangwena 12 week of flowering.jpg
    Malawi New Killer x Etíope P1 regular Tangwena 12 week of flowering.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 190
  • Malawi New Killer x Etíope P1 regular Tangwena 12 week of flowering2.jpg
    Malawi New Killer x Etíope P1 regular Tangwena 12 week of flowering2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 195
  • Malawi New Killer x Etíope P1 regular Tangwena harvested.jpg
    Malawi New Killer x Etíope P1 regular Tangwena harvested.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 200
  • Malawi New Killer x Etíope P1 regular Tangwena harvested2.jpg
    Malawi New Killer x Etíope P1 regular Tangwena harvested2.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 225
  • Malawi New Killer x Etíope P1 regular Tangwena harvested3.jpg
    Malawi New Killer x Etíope P1 regular Tangwena harvested3.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 238

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
For those avid on the breeding details.

Ethiopia x Malawi regular version was produced by pollinating the Old and Malawi New Killer mothers with our best 2nd generation Ethiopian males.

On the other hand, the feminized version was produced by pollinating the best second generation Ethiopian 1-5 female mother with Malawi Killer (reversed) pollen.

MrMojoRisin

Looks awesome thanks for the hard work creating this beautiful plant. I’ll be planting some outdoors in Oklahoma, look forward to seeing how they respond to my climate.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Ethiopian x Malawi limited edition stock status

Ethiopian x Malawi limited edition stock status

The feminized version of this limited edition has been sold out.
The regular/standard version is still available :yes:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Burro Johnson,

Maybe, but not in short term ... we have worked extensively on producing Ethiopian hybrids over the latest years so we need to move on and work on newer projects.

that's wassup, i still remember the oily stem rub smell i got from one of your malawi's, i look forward to finding one like it in the future

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Got one of these girls outside this summer. Large vigorous plant with numerous side branches. Will get some pics up soon.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Great to hear it Texas Tea :)

Looking forward to see more feedback about Ethiopian x Malawi F1 hybrid, hopefully before the stock of the regular version is also sold out.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I really wonder if this can finish outside at 42 latitude. I might have to bring it indoors, or figure out a frost protection strategy.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Texas Tea,

We have successfully finished Ethiopian x Malawi outdoors between 37-43ºN latitudes, both in coastal and continental climates, so most probably will finish fine there, unless you are growing in a microclimate with real bad cold weather in October/early November, if there aren't frosts during these last weeks she will make finish properly :yes:

Goodherb

Ethiopia, the goodland

Ethiopia, the goodland

Have aspirations of traveling there(ETHIOPIA),both in mental an physical, either which mean comes first.

Thanks to ACE seeds,for providing a more affordable means. One of these days!

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I took a cut and it rooted easily. If we get an early frost I will still get another chance with this lady. She is huge outdoors and reaching for the sky...flowers are starting but are slow and wispy. Yield will be huge though if she makes it.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Ethiopian x Malawi pics from Jordybeans

Ethiopian x Malawi pics from Jordybeans

@jordybeansgenes has kindly shared some of his great Ethiopian x Malawi pics with us. He is also using this pure sativa african hybrid in some of his hybrids.

Attachments

• Ethiopian x Malawi fem Jordy bud finishing.jpg
    Ethiopian x Malawi fem Jordy bud finishing.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 209
  • Ethiopian x Malawi fem Jordy bud finished.jpg
    Ethiopian x Malawi fem Jordy bud finished.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 197
  • Ethiopian x Malawi fem Jordy cola finished2.jpg
    Ethiopian x Malawi fem Jordy cola finished2.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 195
  • Ethiopian x Malawi fem Jordy cola finished.jpg
    Ethiopian x Malawi fem Jordy cola finished.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 235
  • Ethiopian x Malawi fem Jordy 2 colas finished.jpg
    Ethiopian x Malawi fem Jordy 2 colas finished.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 220
  • Ethiopian x Malawi fem Jordy bud finished2.jpg
    Ethiopian x Malawi fem Jordy bud finished2.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 211
  • Ethiopian x Malawi fem Jordy bud pistils finished.jpg
    Ethiopian x Malawi fem Jordy bud pistils finished.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 195
  • Ethiopian x Malawi fem Jordy bud pistils finished2.jpg
    Ethiopian x Malawi fem Jordy bud pistils finished2.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 204

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I lost about half the plant to powdery mildew. Flowers were very small and light, but I just sampled some dried but uncured buds tonight and was surprised. The smoke is very sweet and effect is energetic and pleasant. I wish I could have done better with this one, but at least I have a cut indoors. It is also slender, branchy with small buds.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Quick and badly lit shot of the whole cutting. Typical jungle vine shape on this girl. Small wispy buds just like the mother which I have been enjoying greatly this past week. I hope I can get this one to fatten up a bit more indoors, but we'll see. This is some first class smoke though, super sweet with a mild but soaring clear high. Looks like wispy homegrown hay in the jar, but dang what a nice smoke. Thanks Dubi! :tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi TexasTea,

It's not easy to tame this F1 african pure sativa hybrid indoors from seed, but with the right environment, strong light intensity and proper prunning it can produce excellent results indoors, and as you said the effect is prime quality sativa, very cerebral. When grown up to their best potential, some strong phenos (like the one from @jordybeansgenes) can be really good yielding, and with really strong, mind blowing and long lasting effects.

Wish you are enjoying yours! ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Ethiopia x Malawi included in our permanent catalog

Ethiopia x Malawi included in our permanent catalog

Hi,

I'm really Happy with the outcome of the pure Ethiopian release, and her hybrids are also working great.
I have decided to include this 2019 limited edition in our permanent catalog from this year onwards. :yes:

So far, only the regular version is available:

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/etiopemalawistd.html

Although we will bring back in stock the feminized version as soon as possible.

Latest posts

Latest posts