What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Denver Recreational Marijuana Dispensary Reviews

Dirt Bag

I'm going to Denver to examine strains in hopes of finding the kind I used to get that didn't have a"name", just hydro. I'm sure it's just one of the original old-school strains, probably Afghani, but since I live where it's not available by name, I'm going to Denver and sniffing jars until I find it or something equal to it.
I'm hoping ya'll can shed some light on where would be best to examine the wares. I'm in no way concerned with price, only selection and specifically old-school strains. C'mon ICers, I know you know!

X

xavier7995

My goto for looking through every jar was sacred seed on evans. I could usually find something decent if i was persistent enough and kept looking. They had good customer service and didn't seem to mind. Been a long time since i went there though so ymmv qnd it could be totally different. Lots of places had jars you could examine, nothing ever impressed me but altitude was also good about letting you look.

Good luck in the search.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I'm going to Denver to examine strains in hopes of finding the kind I used to get that didn't have a"name", just hydro. I'm sure it's just one of the original old-school strains, probably Afghani, but since I live where it's not available by name, I'm going to Denver and sniffing jars until I find it or something equal to it.
I'm hoping ya'll can shed some light on where would be best to examine the wares. I'm in no way concerned with price, only selection and specifically old-school strains. C'mon ICers, I know you know!

Go buy a gram or 2 of the ones that fit your description from as many as possible. Also take pictures and post smoke reports.

X

xavier7995

I do always say that you shouldnt be afraid to just leave if the weed all sucks. You arent buying off some dude you have known a long time in their living room. If i go to a grocery store and the produce all looks shitty, i just go to the next one.

I still venture in for good deals on prepackaged stuff from time to time. Sometimes you just need a weed soda/bubble bath salt/suppository, and those are hard to make at home. I directed a buddy towards leafly to check out menus to get an idea of what the legal scene looked like and he was thoroughly entertained by all the goofy shit.

Hydro8

I'm going to Denver to examine strains in hopes of finding the kind

Personally I never buy prepackaged and I never buy more then a gram until I have sampled it.

I would recommend going to places that sell grams and let you sniff and look at the jars. If it smells nice and has a nice manicure it is a good sign it was properly cared for. If it was machine trimmed, smells like hay and the bud tender has no teeth, you are probably in the wrong place.

I have not been to the dispensaries in a while. I have been seeing some very sad stuff come from the rock bottom priced dispensaries. But there is so much cannabis being growing in all different ways here right now if you look around I am sure you will find something good.

Good Luck Happy hunting !

EagleWolf

It's hit and miss. Always ask which flower is fresh. If all of the bud is dried out and falls apart like an ancient manuscript when you touch it.... Well, some places are better than others. The $60-$100 OZ range is usually the more disappointing weed. I'll buy prepackaged, but it can be misleading. Sometimes the package really kept the weed fresh, other times it smells like a bag of neem when you get home and open it. There are so many places to try, pay attention to who they cater to. Kind Love has some nice concentrates, but I don't pay $400 an ounce for anything.

I hope you find what you're looking for. Have fun!

Dirt Bag

My goal is to understand which smell goes with which name. I do not plan to purchase any flower as I personally don't smoke... anything. I vape wax & do dabs, but no smoking. (Cancer will do that to you.) I may pick up a small cartridge if available, but probably not as I will have to vape it all in a few hours and toss it before the airport... Or can you vape cannabis in Denver Airport?
Anyway, I'm really only interested in knowledge. One girl at Sacred Seed was extremely helpful and offered to guide me through the strains they have with coffee grounds for palette cleansing. I'll have about 8 hours total so I hope to be able to hit a few places.

X

xavier7995

Glad the people at sacred seed were still good and helpful. I liked how that shop was run, it is where i would take people that were curious what a dispensary is like.

Kind love is not far from it and also a decent place, but pretty pricey as mentioned and the budtenders are a bit hit or miss.

I believe you can vape outside the airport the same as smoking cigs in the designated areas.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Good luck with that!

Of the dispensaries I've been to, smelling jars is pretty futile.
All the weed smells the same!
Like Ona gel or whatever is being used to block production smells at the producers facility.

Latest posts

Latest posts