What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

going rate for trimmers

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm of the mind everyone shares in the profits. I personally hate trimming with a passion, I do it but not something I enjoy. I've had the sme crew for 4 yrs now, best guys get 25hr, others 20hr.

We used a machine trim 2yrs runnin a few years back, while saving money on trim bill, we took it in the shorts on quality. Not only do you roll off every tric on the outside of the bud, the machine tended to pack the bud as well, and all the juice/sap gets all over your bud nd you end up with mendo blendo aka beasters.

HatchBrew

Veteran
30$ per hour!!! Sign me up!! I'll be there with bells on!! And I seriously doubt you can get high trimming. probably an allergic reaction or something. I guess its possible though.

It isn't like laying sheets in a car without gloves on...hahaha. f-ing eh

You absorb THC through the skin without gloves. Yes. You can get high from trimming... I'm presently trying to be one of these trimmers. They just have full staff damn near everywhere. And applicants lists a few miles long. Tough gig to get into unless you know someone.

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Allways thought you had to heat THC for it to be active, so guess if your skin was 150f you could get high trim in.

THC alone won't even get you high without the other cannabinols present, per Sam the Skunkman

Nobody uses gloves anymore, lol. Coconut oil is were its at.

Thc and many other compounds found in cannabis are active transdermally without decarb.
I have had a trimmer pass out from trimming my grape ape...red eyes...munchies...no smoking.
Thc is active by itself it just lacks.
Shea butter > coco oil (works better for absorption)
Trimmers also breathe trichomes which are active when insufflated.

Careful using oil while trimming, too much turns buds brown.

Weliketogrow

Lol 15 an hour to sit on your ass watching TV and doing almost nothing? I've trimmed many times and its not that hard.for fucks sake.

Ya sure it's easy to trim but who likes sitting on there ass for eight hours a day doing the same repetitive crap. My experience is to take care of the people who help u. 10 dollars an hour is nothing anymore.

shithawk420

Veteran
I like sitting on my ass doing nothing for eight hours doing repetive crap.I'll do it for eight bucks an hour

Red146

Its a job.its not easy and its not fun,most places want a pound a day trimmed which aint easy and leaves tv out.They always lookin for trimmers out here,you couldnt pay me enough,trimming sucks.

I did 14 hour days for 2 months every year for years
Now I have carpal tunnel and refuse to pick up fiskars ever again
they make great weapons if you throw them
a room full of trimmers can take down a crew of rippers by throwing fiskars
they stick to whatever you throw them at like ninja stars

TheSilverMullet

Veteran
mendo blendo, I like that.

here in O-state the going rate seems to be 150-200 per lb. or 15-20 hourly.

I don't do hourly for trimming, no need to give people an incentive to drag things out.

bigshrimp

Veteran
I pay out an ounce per pound for good work. 1/16 of what they trim.

Really dont like the idea of paying hourly.

furrywall11

I hand it to them, dried in big bins with the fan leaves still on...I ask them to carefully remove the fan leaves without knocking off the sugar leaves....I make sure there's a decent amount of smalls in there so I'm getting some B-bud trimming action going on too...And I give them $175 a pound. Most people in the area are doing $150.

recently, I had 4 going for ten days @ $20 an hour doing trim machine prep... I had to harvest another place at the same time so I couldn't keep a very close eye on them. You can't help but feel burned when your not there to keep a close eye on your hourly workers. They're just human....if they're getting paid they're going to take their time and justify it somehow. I won't be doing that again...

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Let's see, costs me several bottles of wine, food, and netflix. The wife and her friends bang it right out. So yeah, prolly 150 per trimmer. These women can pound the wine lol. I asked of they would trim new jack city style, topless....yep fiskars hit hard..ouch

shithawk420

Veteran
I could easily trim a pound a day watching TV and drinking beer.especially if they are colas or big buds.I agree popcorn buds can suck sometimes

E

ej2012usa

Yes you can,,beware of dispenserys who promise you a permanent position,mean while all thay really wanted was a copy of your recommandation,,so thay could legaly grow more plants ,and let you go,,with some made up excuse,, most PLAYErs are family owned,,so,please.,Dont wasit valuble time dedicating your self ,unless you plan on learning as much as possible then branch off on your own,,think of it as an internship,,and youll be fine,,,