What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Be Honest! Who's getting 3lb/1k???

medicalmj

Veteran
Seriuosly, I only knew of one person that said they got 3lb/1k and they had CO2, Light Mover and was in RDWC.

If you yielded 3lb/1k show me how you did it. And good things will come your way, like a bountiful harvest!

Thanks ICMAG readers!

S2B

the only time you get 3lbs a light is when you are on the internet....lol

Internet numbers and real numbers are totally different

Max Yields

In my experience 1000 watts can pull 2 lbs tops with everything dialed in like a boss. 1lb is more likely, maybe 1.5lbs for those more skilled growers, is more of a reality. Internet numbers DO lie so take 'em with a grain of salt. EXPERIENCE IS THE BEST TEACHER.

By the way these are from my own experience. There are WAY too many variables to determine yield with simply just light wattage.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I have hit 4 pounds with one light. As a matter of fact I have done way more then four pounds per light, just takes several runs.

I run vert but I average about 1.5 pounds per light.

Max Yields

I've never tried vert growing but WOW!!!, 4 lbs!!! I've got to try this style of growing sometime...?!?

edit: Oh I see...

Last edited:

medicalmj

Veteran
I have hit 4 pounds with one light. As a matter of fact I have done way more then four pounds per light, just takes several runs.

:laughing: Come to think of I've gotten several lbs off that 1k lol.

Well that's what I thought. W/O co2 I usually get 1.5 lbs per 1k in a hydro scrog. I have the most sought after pheno blue cheese and that girl just will not give up much more than a lb (in 7 weeks), but shes got people taking numbers to taste her. I had super lemon haze strain that'd give up to 2 when dialed but she took a good 12 weeks. So the BC w lower yield shorter finish and high demand is the winner for me.

So yeah, 1-2 lbs is what I always thought, w 2 lbs being the max and less than 1 being were you want to rethink something.

Thanks!!!

Norkali

Don't worry the vert guys will be in momentarily to let you know they hit 4lbs regularly.

Four minutes later

:biglaugh::biglaugh:
biglaugh.gif
biglaugh.gif

medicalmj

Veteran
The 4 lb per 1k is a joke, as in, hell one might get 50 lbs off one 1k light, it'll just take a few years.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Genetics and Plant Numbers ...also are you willing to go 10 weeks instead of 8....

Massive SOG....chunky Single Cola Buds.... 5-10 per squarefoot... You can hit crazy numbers

You get nice primo Tops...Zero Larf.... People who yield alot with whack genetics never mention how much larf they pull...they just add it in to the total yield

Norkali

The 4 lb per 1k is a joke, as in, hell one might get 50 lbs off one 1k light, it'll just take a few years.

Yeah, but I'd just like to point out that the comparison makes absolutely no sense. (Coming from him, I realize you are clarifying)

That's like me saying I pull six figures from my job.....even if it takes me a couple years to do it.

What the fuck? We're talking about a single run - just like one would normally reference their salary in terms of one year.....not multiple.

Foolish logic.

medicalmj

Veteran
Genetics and Plant Numbers ...also are you willing to go 10 weeks instead of 8....

Massive SOG....chunky Single Cola Buds.... 5-10 per squarefoot... You can hit crazy numbers

You get nice primo Tops...Zero Larf.... People who yield alot with whack genetics never mention how much larf they pull...they just add it in to the total yield

So like (4) 4x4x4 RW cubes per sq/ft on a big ole flood table? I can see that producing crazy yields if you got the balls to be sittin on over that 100 plant count. That'd be about 100 plants per 1k. Now that's how its done.

This is kinda what my thoughs are. Im sure some donkey dick huge yielding mersh strain can pull over 2lbs of dense nasty beaster green smelling shit.

And while Blue dream and chem4 are large yielding dank strains(i say that lightly and is my opinion.....dont flame me if you disagree). They are not OG....cookies......whatever the blood diamonds of the "NOW" are.

I am on the side of thinking that 1lbs of the super heads is normal for a average grower....1.5 is good......over is real good.:tiphat:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i just pulled 3lbs off an outdoor plant...and theres no way i can visually see this much bud coming off 1 light.

ive hit 1.5 per light with OG kush, lots of training and pruning, 1+ month veg...in a 4x4 tray

my next room im building will have 5x5 trays with larger raptor style hoods, so hopefully can increase yield to 2# per light...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I grow vert for the ease of use for me I don't grow to break any records. I would rather have a decent yield that comes in consistently. I get on average about 1.5 pounds off of a 1K with no larf. To me larf is a real pain in the ass.

I must mention that I veg longer and do more training to get that pound. I trade off the ease of watering a verticle plant and the speed at which I can visually inspect my plants for that extra vegging and training.

I think if you are getting higher numbers you should also clarify how you are doing it. Be it higher numbers or longer veg. If not how can you say whether it is viable as a method.

And yes 4 off of my light is a joke. I am not even close to that. I did just trim 2/3 of a light and I got just over a pound.

This question really grinds my gears..and heres why. What is 3 pounds? The question in itself is general and your going to get general answers. What i consider 3 pounds may be quite different than what you or anyone else will. I have friends claiming 4 lbs a light..and its true they are..The reason they are getting insane numbers is their perception of weight and the way their patients view weight. Sure they are getting 4 lbs but they leave thick stems, and they leave leaf. I dont hit those weights because i fully process my buds, if i can trim off a thicker stem i will, and i dont leave any trace of a leaf, not even stems. I really focus on the quality of my work when possible so if i can process i do otherwise i feel like im ripping people off. Patients in my eyes pay for bud not stems and not leaf.Though some people accept and promote different, this is my perception and that is how i approach it.

With that said i have hit a little over 2.5 lbs per light with 1 strain, bdh. This is a naked trim, nothing remaining and processed as much as possible. Ive only done in a couple times though and during those times i was spending a lot more time with my grow on a smaller scale than I usually do. My moms,the unrooted stage, first rooted, and the rest of the grow went awesome. I had a foliar for every day of the week during veg and select days in flower.My training was straight on point. Im not sure if i could hit 3, but its a challenge that one day i may take on. In general though it doesnt really bother me that i dont consistantly hit those numbers and the reason is the amount of time i did dedicate to those grows. Its a catch 22, do you try to maximize per light or do you focus on the bigger picture. Every master gardener i know focuses on the bigger picture and if im hitting 2 lbs per light on every light without spending an outrageous amount of time for a "bumper" harvest then im quite happy with the results.

I guess in my current position ive got to the point to where i want my life back. As it sits now each 8x8 takes 10 minutes of my time every 3-4 days for watering and a couple times a month i spend a little extra on training and whatnot. Im okay with not hitting 2.5 or higher. Constantly hitting 2 lbs per light for the average strain is golden for me :)

MIway

Veteran
So like (4) 4x4x4 RW cubes per sq/ft on a big ole flood table? I can see that producing crazy yields if you got the balls to be sittin on over that 100 plant count. That'd be about 100 plants per 1k. Now that's how its done.

Got to double stack the 1k's and run 84 per... 168 on the vertisog. .. Get ya just at 6 with the right cut.

Nothing but prime time grade a, properly dried too. It happens. All about plant counts and nothing but massive colas.

sneaky101

I got about 1.25lbs off of 2 of BOGs sour lifesavers in a 3x3 tent using a 1k light turned down to the middle setting (I think 750 or 800 watts, can't remember). That's all top cola bud (albeit all were pretty small) with little to no stems at all after the cure and final weighing.

Now I had to veg those 2 girls like 2 or 3 months (it was about a year ago and I've smoked since then, but I remember it taking forever) to fill the scrog up. Oh, and I was using RDWC. I could see 2+ lbs in a 4x4 tent with a 1k light very doable. Given the right strain of course.

S

shuswap

i have hit the 2.75 lb mark several times with the same strain,the only way i got this is growing a sativa leaning strain sideways ,lots of proper training sidways you can train the plant to look like its a sog planted on 8-10 plants per foot and with a sativa you dont need huge veg times because of the stretch,this was done in soil with 15 plants on a 4x8 table,flowered at 8 inches in height they finish around 3 feet long when measured sideways top to bottom,this has been done using a select cutting of sweet skunk i have not tried it with any other strain but look forward to playing,the key to this is to learn the plant and how to train it correctly.