What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

i found nemo......in my back yard

B

BlueberryNutz

one of the perks of living by canals.... caught this ugly bastard right now. didint put up too much fight until he got close to shore. the one half his size right after put up way more fight. the first was close to 25lbs or so. the second was about 15 but felt twice as big as the first lol

shimano tekota reel nice and heavy with a heavy shimano ocean pole. 55lb braid using corn tortillas for bait. works like a charm for carp in the canals. im searching for that 50lb + mark tonight haha

oh and i wear size 11 shoe if that helps for size comparison. he was a fat bastard

Attachments

• IMG_0473.JPG
    IMG_0473.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0475.JPG
    IMG_0475.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 17

Yah`mon

Hey blueberry, ever thought of bow fishing for carp... talk about FUN!

50lb carp eh! Biggun! What other kinda fish you got there?

Yah`mon:tiphat:

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yo don't want to eat no carp man! :bigeye:

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
Carps are tough f'ers, however you should not have laid him on the rocky ground.
Doing so damages the protective slime covering the scales and significantly raises the risk of the fish catching waterborne diseases.

Unless you don't care...

(please use a wet towel to put them on)

You wouldn't want to find him like this a few days from now:
DeadCarp.jpg

fukndenny

they dont want carp in our waters here, they have annual events and contests to get rid of them by the thousands, they infest waters and takeover. nobody i know cares if you leave them on the bank. they are an invasive species.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
they dont want carp in our waters here, they have annual events and contests to get rid of them by the thousands, they infest waters and takeover. nobody i know cares if you leave them on the bank. they are an invasive species.

Then kill 'em accordingly and don't let them (potentially) suffer an awful death.

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
our carps taste great...but all over 8-10pounds aren't good for eating any more!

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
we deep fry them here in my area...those (blaue Karpfen) you showed is the lowfat version and not very famous here!

i am not a big fan of both !! a smoked fillet is oaky

but i only catch predatory fishes!

B

BlueberryNutz

i loves me some largemouth bass. its delicious. i dont really eat much catfish anymore. too muddy after trying bass, but i heard flatheads are much better since they are predators only