What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bruce linton gets canned from canopy!

clearheaded

oh snap kicked out bruce lol he is a meat puppet but great at getting investments from unknowing people!! start a company less then 1 years get booted from it says something lol.

i know lets buy grow cabinet biz lol and teh phototron out of the hightimes mag hehe.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That is exactly what they will do to everyone who signs on the dotted line until there isn't anything but migrant workers left to follow your SOP.

F.U.C.K.E.M.

dank.Frank

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
I think there's a little more to it. Articles indicate Constellation Brands (the unknowing investor in this case I guess) the parent company/43% owner were not happy with the pace at which the grow worked. Which is really common in my experience when your average corporation types get involved. They can't stand how long it takes to turn rooms over and the up front expense. So here, we've got one corporate type mad at another corporate type and no matter who fills that role, no one's going to be happy.

I don't really have any other conjecture about the small effects but it would be interesting to see who takes the chair hereafter. Someone from inside? A lobbyist? A tobacco player? A young gun?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Not much one can do to rush a grow. This is something investors should learn before putting up money.
Growers have unforseen troubles pop up in tiny grows. I could only imagine the problems compound exponentially with corporate commercial gardens.
Investors should be required to start a little one lighter, from seed to harvest, just to see what they are diving into.
It'll never happen, but yet a great idea.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Matthew 28:18-20 King James Version (KJV)
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

clearheaded

I think it was the person who was running there rec program...

lol this is hilarious. rolling stone picked up the story and even CNN... canada is the coolest!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/03/investing/canopy-growth-bruce-linton-stepping-down/index.html

there was a few hiccups but was previous to this last quarter. I think main issue is alot more competitors now and everyone isnt going to pay 14 dollars a gram for garbage. tweed and subsidaries grew garbage. bedrocan was the best in there line which says alot i think. no one has done this before and they dont get whats needed to grow quality every var isnt done in 7 weeks not every var takes the same nutrients.. they dont "dial in a var" they grow many as closely to the same way as possible and dry fast and stays in 1 gram container for months before purchase. never going to get the fresh gas terps people want.

aphria was smart in realizing this, i think, at least and just make friggin oil and the flowers are garbage in true industrial scales.

sensors and testing only takes them so far, data geeks not HEADS will have a hard time producing same quality. same as any other agri product ever.. every beer drinker knows this when there fav beer goes big, say laguinitas for u cali folks, i am sure noticed huge difference from 10 years ago to today.

Last edited:

clearheaded

ahh i dunno if he got money just cause went public. his stock would be worth more and more money and his salary and bonuses i am sure are decent ;)

I talked to him via email before i knew who he was... not super stand up guy, during mettrum recall and the takeover they said they would let me know test results of how much poison we injested if didnt tell anyone would send me results.. then said nope sorry nm.. seems weird you would think gov would make johnson and johnson release contam levels in a vitamin or drug... er wait.

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
Thump thump

Thump thump

Matthew 28:18-20 King James Version (KJV)
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
FFS What does this have to do with thread? Ramblings of a lunatic, not the fun weekend at Bernie's lunatic, but a troubled, troubled sadsack lunatic. Proselytize in appropriate, roped off area, plse.

Lyfespan

FFS What does this have to do with thread? Ramblings of a lunatic, not the fun weekend at Bernie's lunatic, but a troubled, troubled sadsack lunatic. Proselytize in appropriate, roped off area, plse.

where the fuck are the little bus window lickers coming from, god dam

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
Give him a break. He had too much to smoke :biggrin: