What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Feeding schedule...

Rico Swazi

In all fairness, even when Jeremy Silva references it for an emulsifier he is quoting Clackamas Cootz.
so where is the science in that?

As for never spraying lights on-
exceptions to every rule

not a feed but milk gets sprayed lights on/direct sunlight to control powdery mildew
too many people have held firm to spray at dark causing more problems than before.

you can believe what you want

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love this guy. Every post. Has an idea. Ask for input. Never gets the atta boy. Gets mad and abandons the thread. Every. Time.

When I saw the post in the organic soil section, I just had to come see how complicated "water only" had been made this time!!!

To think - the ENTIRE TIME - the point was to get away from bottles and spraying your plants with stuff. It's so funny to watch it all come full circle in the name of "science" and being "smarter". I knew the answers weren't going to be to his liking before I ever clicked the thread.

I love growing cannabis. Have fun! That's what I say. :joint:

dank.Frank

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Philo; its a good read, worth your time to go thru it

Meeting of the minds; Stephanie is PQ company rep, Quantrill is who I mentioned earlier, Only Ornamental is a European scientist, Spurr is the read retainer supreme and a good friend.

MedFaced

Really, I thought that was a big no-no? I've legit burnt tf out of plants in the past doing that...I swear every foliar tutorial I've ever read says that.

The only way I could see it burning the plants is if it’s too concentrated or maybe excessive spraying.

Some folks used to argue that small drops of water act as a magnifying glass and burn holes in the leaves. Old stoner science rooted in nonsense most likely. I’ve never seen it happen. I have seen my sprays leave stains behind but never burn. Keep in mind, the goal is to spray under the leaves, not the surface area.

Some people still argue it’s best to do it at night, I don’t fall into that camp. My understanding is that photosynthesis stops at lights out and stomata close.

Rico Swazi

complicated AND expensive with sooo many products

better off saving his money and buying some good weed
not going to grow it this way

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
On foliars, first I never really bought into it being a great form of nutrient delivery but in 15 years of growing using overhead shrubhead sprinklers which create a mist, we always irrigated in early morning. Mind you, this included applications of ACT, fish hydrolysate, etc. so could have had benefits of foliarly delivered nutrients.

They only occurrence of leaf burn noted was when this was done later in the day in the sun and I never encountered trouble with lights unless using something like AG oil.

I always questioned the origin of what Coot considered emulsified. It is an actual molecular change, hmmm tequila and lime?

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
Some folks used to argue that small drops of water act as a magnifying glass and burn holes in the leaves. Old stoner science rooted in nonsense most likely.
Don't dismiss something you know nothing about. You can start a fire with a baggy and water, through reflection. You would need to be a survivalist to know that one. Not a pot grower. FWIW you can also start a fire with a block of ice! That's a fact Jack!

Now whether the sun is reflecting properly on that particular droplet, is a moot point. If it is, depending on the intensity, it will burn a hole in the subject.

h.h.

Veteran
Depends what you’re spraying and on your water quality.
I spray early morning cause I don’t want my leaves staying wet.
Generally I’m just washing the plant.

Wet Betty yucca or a couple drops of organic soap for emulsifier.

Quinoa maybe. Aquave.

h.h.

Veteran
Wet Betty is Yucca and Quillaja extract.
While sold as a surfactant, it should also work as an emulsifier. Used in cosmetics.
They can be the same thing.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Plants get burned from foliar feeds when the feed doesnt penetrate the cuticle layer of the leaf, caused by too strong feed or poor absorption of the form the elements are delivered in (chelation).

Here is a good read on the subject:
(If page doesnt load after opening link remove the https:// from site adress)

www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.modernplantnutrition.com.au/pdf/amino%2520acid%2520description%2520web.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjA9J-rlpLjAhWSqZ4KHS_3AYoQFjAEegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw3ubcTx0tqshgA680Hu2rGs