What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So I bought this tent...

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shift up errybody, make the circle bigger!!
:laughing:

Not much change. I figure they're stretching out their legs a bit and I'll start to see some growth in the next couple of days.

I'm really impressed with how well the bed is holding moisture. I haven't watered since putting them in there, and the soil is nice and moist. But not too moist. You feel the moisture in the dirt but it's not wet feeling per se. You guys know what I mean.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not going to lie. Got_Bud has been here since 2006 - and this is his first REAL thread. I'm glad he's finally stepping out of the closet. I knew he was old school and been around when I saw the aNNAC F2's being sorted.

I'm glad to see so many have joined in the thread to follow along. I think the strong silent type always hold a valuable secret or two that can be learned from.

I'm excited to watch this thread grow! :respect:

dank.Frank

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is the BMR something you've ran before?

Just the moms last time around.

I'm not overly impressed with them, but am giving them another go because I can't discount grower error. And I like to run a plant a couple times before giving final determination on whether or not it is a keeper.

For as popular of a plant as it seems to be, there are very few grow reports on it. And I've found absolutely nothing remotely similar to the one I'm growing - it has fairly thin, long leaves and is overly sensitive to N (I think). The fan leaves were in a constant clawed state on the original plant. Her clones have not shown that trait as of yet, even being in the same soil recipe as the mom, albiet from a different batch. (That batch is what is currently in the bed they are growing in.)

She's on the left in this photo, next to the other BMR. (You can see the difference between the 2 phenos. They look like completely different plants. Which leads me to wonder if somehow that's not a BMR, but something else entirely.) She looks really unhappy but produced more buds with greater density than the other one by a wide margin. Not much of a flavor though. Kind of a peppery bubblegum on the exhale.
picture.php

The AnnaC that Frank is referencing is behind the other BMR on the right. Never touched her at all (defoliation, lollipopped, or trained) and her popcorn buds are as big and almost as dense as the first knuckle of your pinky. It's a solid little nugglet! I'll lollipop one of the clones and see how she responds. Probably defol a bit a couple weeks into flower, but not much. I was really happy with how she grew, other than zero stretch. (The light in my tent is different than my other room. Those are all 3500k COBs. This is HLGs newest board with added far red. Hopefully the plants will stretch a bit more this time around.)

The MBxNYCD is kinda leafy. But the leaves are smothered in trichomes. I should take a picture of one of her dried buds. I've never had a plant that is so frickin' sticky while cutting her up to smoke. One bud and I have to clean my scissors because they're all gummed up.:biggrin: Taste is pretty good too. Inhale is a bit bland, but the exhale is on point. Lemon astringent that tickles your nose and will sometimes cause a sneeze. I wish the high was better. But they're not done curing yet. It'll be a couple weeks yet until I feel they're ready for "prime time", as it were.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
:laughing:

Not much change. I figure they're stretching out their legs a bit and I'll start to see some growth in the next couple of days.

I'm really impressed with how well the bed is holding moisture. I haven't watered since putting them in there, and the soil is nice and moist. But not too moist. You feel the moisture in the dirt but it's not wet feeling per se. You guys know what I mean.
Yes I do :)

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tell us more about your soil mix please Got?

3.8 cu. ft. bale of Black Gold canadian sphagnum peat moss (breaks up to about 12 cu. ft.)
~45 lbs. of Dirt Dynasty earthworm castings
25 lbs. of Purple Cow organic activated compost
25 lb. bag of red lava rock
2 cu. ft. Perlite
1 KIS Organic nutrient pack
~100 European night crawlers

Let it set for a couple of weeks at field capacity water levels (~10 gallons of water upon first mix. Probably a gallon to a gallon and a half added every day to maintain moisture levels.).

I put it into the bed after 2 weeks of sitting, where it cooked for 2 more weeks.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not going to lie. Got_Bud has been here since 2006 - and this is his first REAL thread. I'm glad he's finally stepping out of the closet. I knew he was old school and been around when I saw the aNNAC F2's being sorted.

I'm glad to see so many have joined in the thread to follow along. I think the strong silent type always hold a valuable secret or two that can be learned from.

I'm excited to watch this thread grow! :respect:

dank.Frank
I'm stumbling blindly through the dark here Frank. I grew hydro for years, but always had so so results. Occasionally I'd get lucky and knock it out of the park, but I was no power hitter. Seeing all you organic guys with consistent stellar results really pushed me to go organic.

Luckily a few brave souls have set up torches along the path we can follow. Of course, it's really easy to wander off the path and get completely lost. So I'm glad folks such as yourself are around to help guide us back to the path.

Please, everyone, if you feel I'm making a mistake or doing something wrong, say something. I won't be offended. This organic thing is still all very new to me.

Kimura

with pots THAT big i guarantee you are over watering those plants.... there's more bucket than plant there... am i the only one who sees ALL the stunted growth there?! OMG

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Kimura - Not sure how you can tell it's stunted at this stage in flower? That would indicate it is a shorter, stockier plant because of an error - not because of genetics or lighting or other factors. I'm not sure you can make that statement...especially when OP says the one plant is N sensitive, which answers the clawing - and when the moisture level of the soil is described, it surely doesn't sound as if the plants are over saturated.

Not seeing it. The clawing - for sure though.

dank.Frank

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
with pots THAT big i guarantee you are over watering those plants.... there's more bucket than plant there... am i the only one who sees ALL the stunted growth there?! OMG

They were getting a gallon of water every 3 days, a day before they would droop from needing water.

I don't think I over watered them, but it's possible.

I think I should have let the soil cook a bit longer. Oops.

picture.php

And a pre-trimmed bud off of the MBxNYCD.
picture.php

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, they can't be too mad. I'm noticing new growth now. And with the daily pics I've taken I can see they've gotten a bit bigger.:woohoo:

Lowered the light down to 35" above the plants this morning.

I'm also seeing very tiny red critters moving about the straw. I haven't seen them on the plants. They move pretty quickly. And if I remember my insect biology correctly, quick means predator. So I'm not too worried yet. I've got a couple sticky traps down now. But I'm not sure how well they'll work though because they don''t appear to fly.

ETA - I think they're clover mites. And apparently they won't go after my plants? Anybody see these guys before? I've got Diatomaceous Earth for the bed if needed and I'll start spritzing the basement with peppermint oil. I might add a few drops to a foliar and spray the plants down as well.

After further review, I don't think they're clover mites. They're not big enough. I can barely see these from about 3 feet away, and only when they move. They look like a red speck of dust zipping along blades of straw.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
If the bugs are just crawly things, and not flyers, the DE should eradicate them. I'd just go ahead and give 'em a good dusting.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds like some sort of soil mite - ie - nothing to worry about. I have all sorts of things crawling about in my soil. I don't worry too much if the plants are happy and if they stay in the soil...

dank.Frank

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hopefully you can get a good run with the BMR in.

I'd like a good run. Last run was OK, but I know I can do better.
Sounds like some sort of soil mite - ie - nothing to worry about. I have all sorts of things crawling about in my soil. I don't worry too much if the plants are happy and if they stay in the soil...

dank.Frank

Yeah. I'm not seeing any on the plants, so I'm inclined to leave them alone. I'm hoping they're some sort of predator with the speed they move at for their size. And beneficial bugs are good bugs as far as I'm concerned.

I've got DE on standby though just in case. And am still thinking about spritzing the grow room floor and perimeter with a peppermint oil solution. Ounce of prevention and all that...

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
First day in new home.
picture.php

5 days later.
picture.php

Added a couple fans. Gave them an ACT I've had brewing for the last 48 hours.

I'm happy with their progress so far.:dance013:

nickman

Veteran
I’ve got soil mites in my soil as well. I notice them in all my grow bags. It’s weird, when u blow air at the top of the soil is when they come crawling up the sides of the grow bags. They’re tiny tan colored mites. I’m almost positive that they are a good soil mite. Can’t remember the name but it’s like ?somthing Miles mite ???

I most get them in bags of soil I purchased.

Crazy shit though, I had a bag of black gold soil sitting in my kiddie pool for about two or three months. When I harvested my Raindance plants last round I took up the mulch from the grow bags and put it back into the bag it came in and placed it on top the bag of soil. Now that soil is tremendously infested with those mites. So much so I don’t really want to use it.

I know one thing though, I haven’t had any gnats since i noticed these predator mites.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
'Bout 10 minutes ago.
picture.php

Think they're doing ok. The one dead center is being a stubborn bitch though. It's like she's refusing to grow. I wonder if she might be getting too much light.

I'll end up topping a couple of the other ones. Especially the girl up center. She's growing like crazy.

Which is a bit bizarre considering they're clones of the same plant.