What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

We support legalizing recreational pot, say 65% of Florida’s voters — an “all-time hi

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A strong majority of voters — 65% to 30% — want to see marijuana legalization in Florida.
The results were reported Thursday by the Quinnipiac University Poll, a showing the pollsters called “an all-time high in the state” on the marijuana issue.

Voters’ views have changed significantly. In May 2016, Florida voters were split with 56% in favor and 41% opposed. In November 2016, it was much closer, with 48% in favor and 46% opposed.

There are some caveats. The question is specific: allowing adults to legally possess small amounts of marijuana for personal use.

Another question, about whether people would support sale of legal marijuana in their communities, had about the same support: 61% to 34%.
legalization was supported by almost every demographic group: men (69%), women (62%), voters age 18-34 (89%), voters 65 and older (52%), white voters (66%), black voters (66%), Hispanic voters (68%), Democrats (78%), and independent voters (72%).

Republicans were evenly divided 48% to 48%.

Support for sales “in your community” were about the same for every group. However, black voters were less supportive of sales, at 53%.
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/fl-ne-support-recreational-marijuana-florida-20190620-uhuky2d5sfarnh3rlznqtsha3a-story.html

dddaver

Veteran
I suppose that's good but if ever "legalized", which I doubt, it will resemble nothing even close to real legalization. It will be paying big pharma and politicians. Nothing else.

They do NOT do what the people want here. Three years after landslide vote for MMJ, the program's a mess. They allow only something like 5 or 6 good old boy farmers to grow. Expensive chemical crap at the dispensaries. You have pay one of their "approved" doctors average $200 every 7 months for their recommendation.

Talk is cheap. I have NO doubt this is just talk. Ignore whatever the gubment says or does. Grow your own.

starke

As a fellow Floridian I've got to agree with dddaver on this one. Our elected officials don't give a single solitary fuck about the will of the people. All about big donors and self enrichment. Just going to stay in my closet and grow.

rolandomota

Veteran
Another money grab just like Washington and illinois. Is Florida the only med state with no home grows? No it's a whole bunch of them

Fuck this legalized bullshit I'm not paying attention to this shit anymore and most of all fuck you Texas with your stupid unnecessary CBD laws you idiots legalized hemp .3 thc for all because Trump did it and this state is hardcore red but .5 thc you need a quarter million to get a license to produce and a prescription for a few conditions it's so stupid. I qualify now but what's the point.

Just grow your own and STFU Florida is all I can say

dddaver

Veteran
I plan to be one of those no good, felonious, criminals, and grow my own. :tiphat: No matter what those idiots do.

I'd love to get my hands on some Crippy (our local landrace fire) but the only way to get some seeds probably would be in the black market and buy a seeded zip. Best chance would be in the fall (harvest time).

But that won't happen as I need to play secure and keep to myself.

Gry

The more people who get to see the positive effects that cannabis offers hurting loved ones, the
higher those poll numbers will rise.

What will change take, with corruption this long standing and deep seated ?
They look at us like chattel.

Latest posts

Latest posts