What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WV SP 250 test/grow

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Well I've had a few mishaps outdoors, today I don't know how my ankle/foot didn't break. I got tangled up and my ankle bent under me, I'd be damned if I didn't completely snap the only other Bellini I'd had outdoors. She was a nice 5ft tall plant can't believe I broke her. I may have ankle damage im trying to walk some. But I knew it snapped I was like damn. And I younger Dos x Kl I accidentally broke, But the Dos x Key Lime I just took out is fine. Also accidentally pulled the water hose and knocked over a Serious 6, broke the stem and taped it together. It seems to do doing ok I hope. But I'm not sure what kinda stretch were gonna see with this LED spectrum. That's what the test is about guys. I try and document what I do, it may not apply to everybody but I try to give the guide line of how I grow. I'm a simple grower, I use a lot of Fox Farm, and G.H. products, I use a few other things like maxicrop seaweed I love.

The plants are looking great. Probably defoliate some of them. Maybe a light feeding for both plants. I'm try to get pics posted later of them tonite. Things are about to get fun with the Bellini and Grapology. I believe there gonna do this grow justice. Man I'd like to have another one of the SP 250s I could get at least 4 maybe 5 plants. But I guarantee I'm gonna push the 2 plants the best I can. Hopefully everyone enjoys, I figured the Grapology is gonna be a stretcher, I gotta keep her down. Updated pics later tonight!!!!!!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Well we're 2-3 days into flowering. The Grapology is HUGE. I really like this Bellini especially since I accidentally fell and my ankle almost broke, and I broke the 5-6ft tall Bellini outdoor plant. It hurt so bad, then I looked over and seen my outdoor Bellini was killed in my fall. But here's the plants, Tiger Bloom, silica, calmag, floriliciuas. The one I broke had a indica stretch type plant. It smelled damn good, CC usually has some great stuff, and the guys at Cannarado I hope they like that Grapology!!!! we should start to see some stretching in a few days I figure. Love the light guys!!!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I'm waiting on the stretching, I'm hoping the LED helps that some. But I like the short internodes, if anybody every had a 430 son Argo light yrs ago is kinda how short internodes are. But i usually feed or water daily, especially that Grapology it's taking a lot more water, probably double almost.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
)Man I'd love to get to test the TSL, TSW 2000s those look super bright!!! I'd love to do a larger grow in the future. I think the SP 250 is doing great so far. It's almost a silent running light, just keep you a small fan to blow on it. It's not major heat, it's just better to keep a fan going on the ballast. Hopefully the harvest will be ok

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Got the friskars out and keep trying to thin it out. There already showing small buds, probably were they veg so long.

Grapology and Bellini from Cannarado genetics, and Cali Connection

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Also gonna say I like the fabric pots from ecogardener.com!!!! These 7gal are close to what I want, you can definitely get 10-12gal easy in these. I've got 10gal and there's 4in to the top. But the thing is the fabric is just really nice, there rugged but soft enough for indoors. I might stop using 5gal buckets. I have 10 of more buckets with holes in them so there's no other benefit really. My wife's like can I use a bucket lol, I'm like they all have holes in them. But everything is good on my end, gave them a lil Beastie Bloom this evening, and pruned. Watch these beautys grow under Mars Hydro SP 250...a single light for 2 big plants, Well 1 big plant and another smaller. Probably a good idea, I'm almost thinking the Grapology is gonna take the whole light, lol but the Bellini is tightly in there. So I'm really hoping to give Mars Hydro a few nice plants they can brag about this SP 250 some. No complaints here, I'm a old school magnetic ballast, air cooled hood guy. But this has done as good as anything I've used up to Veg, I know that's not much, but I'm really hoping the buds turn out right in flowering to back up it's stellar performance so far. Once I move them to the other flowering room it'll be 6-8 degrees cooler, probably still high 70% humidity. I'm really gotta get a good 70pt dehumidifier for my grow room. I know its not like buying a cool new light but sometimes you bite the bullet

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I've got a 8 and 6in Hydrofarm strong inline fans. Got the 8in TerraBloom Carbon Filter, and it's been great. I definitely don't play around with carbon filters. Also got a 4in Vortex, 2 6in Formline Supply fans. And got this new Vortex to test out, I'll probably just use it for intake if I use it know. It's always got to have lights, Fans, extension cords.

Here's that TerraBloom Carbon Filter I've used awhile. And the Vortex I've not used yet but will get her going somewere!!!

Ruby_Abu

Got the friskars out and keep trying to thin it out. There already showing small buds, probably were they veg so long.

Grapology and Bellini from Cannarado genetics, and Cali Connection

Nice work, man. Did you meet the heat problem? Some people say it is a little heated if the driver is not seperated.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Nice work, man. Did you meet the heat problem? Some people say it is a little heated if the driver is not seperated.

Nah I've not separated it, I usually don't run a tent. But it's more humidity problems I've got that's gonna take a dehumidifier to correct . But I'd say with a box fan or oscillating fan you should be fine on keeping the light cool. It's not a hot running light anyway I don't think.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Here's some of the Bellini, man this thing is squat. Very nice bush. I had a Bellini that was 6ft tall outdoors and accidentally fell and broke the plant entirely in half.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I had to use some soft ties and tie the Grapology and try to open up the Bellini some. I really wish I'd put this grow in the grow diary section, so more guys can see. There's looking like the SP 250 is putting some bright light on them. Mars-Hydro has created a great light, several of those and your growing 6x6.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
wvkindbud38 that led is doing a great job in that room the plants look qualty.
I am building a 4ft x 2ft Space. so you rekon 2 x plants would be best for that space

Sorry I didn't notice your message, yes definitely if your growing in 5gal or more I'd definitely not try over 2. Hope your doing ok.

I've been toying with setting up a 2X4 room to get plants started for our outdoor season, and this looks like just the ticket.

Mars Hydro seems to be the best value out there if you want a good quality light.

I may also get a much cheaper one just to flower cuttings for sex determination in a 2X2 small box.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I've put probably at least 6-8 plants outdoors after leaving them under the SP 250 to Veg awhile and there doing great. They were almost a blue color and still have kept nice shiny leaves. I'd like to have about a 6x6 setup, grow me about 8 plants!!!! It's definitely great for seedlings also

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Man I can't believe these ladies are about 23days or so of 12/12. There's been no stretch on the Bellini, and Minimum stretch to the Grapology.. The outdoor Grapology I've got is similar, it's almost 7ft and structure like the indoor one. The Bellini I had outdoors was like a different plant. It had already got about 5ft tall when I accidentally broke it. But the Bellini I don't think has stretch any, and maybe a lil stretch on the Grapology. With the higher humidity I've got the Grapology should do better. I swear I've pruned that Bellini so much, you'd never believe as bushy as she is. I'll get some pics when the lights come on

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
These are very bright, cool , quiet running light. So far I have to say I'm pretty impressed. Still the better part of 50 days left, but it's pretty impressive

Latest posts

Latest posts