What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Contest Weed

PDX Dopesmoker

This is people's contest weed from The Cultivation Classic in Portland, I don't know what any of them are yet, but with the number you should be able to look them up by the end of May. A quarter and a bud of my homegrown outdoor included in the photos as standards of comparison.
yhRxk49.jpg

1Ir5Owg.jpg

r6YEzZP.jpg

nGiDATI.jpg

PDX Dopesmoker

Looks decent enough. Let us know how the smoke goes. :)

Looks can be deceiving. One of those pretty ones was the least flavorful stuff I've smoked in longer than I can remember, it was still strong enough though. There was one real nice one with as strong a fuel & rubber combo as anything else I've ever met.

PDX Dopesmoker

This is what they all turned out to be and how I ranked them
Entry ID: 2961 - GG4 from Paschal Farms
Overall likability: 17 / 17
Overall appeal: 7 / 7
Entry ID: 2661 - Dog Walker from Deep Creek Gardens
Overall likability: 17 / 17
Entry ID: 2707 - Mtn. Girl Black from Pilot Farm
Overall likability: 16 / 17
Entry ID: 2528 - Pruf No. 23 | Pacific Juniper from Pruf Cultivar's Helia Fields
Entry ID: 2331 - Mac from Trichome Farms
Entry ID: 2630 - Jack Herer from Frontier Farms
Overall likability: 15 / 17
Overall appeal: 6 / 7
Entry ID: 1360 - Pruf No. 29 | Goat Blocks from Pruf Cultivar
Overall likability: 15 / 17
Entry ID: 2568 - Marionberry Kush from Phyre
Overall likability: 13 / 17
Entry ID: 2350 - Banana Split x Trunk Funk from Rolen Stone Farms
Overall likability: 13 / 17
Entry ID: 2579 - Pruf No. 31 | Timberline Haze from Pruf Cultivar
Overall likability: 12 / 17
Entry ID: 2705 - Blue Orchid from East Fork Cultivars
Overall likability: 9 / 17

PDX Dopesmoker

The full results are out and the big winners in the THC category were
White Tygh Dream - 34.8% THCA + 1.02% delta9
Fatso - 33.6% THCA + 0.31% delta9
GMO Cookies - 33.5% THCA + 0.40% delta9

They have it all organized by terpene percentages too, all sorts of neat information is available.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would pick out the GG#4 in the line up. At least I'm consistent! She is fire.

dank.Frank

kro-magnon

Veteran
Do you believe those THC % are accurate? I know some labs are giving bigger % for the right price so I'm always skeptical when I see such big numbers. Do you think there is really many strains with such % today?

PDX Dopesmoker

I would pick out the GG#4 in the line up. At least I'm consistent! She is fire.

dank.Frank

That one and the Dogwalker if you'd smoked it. The Dogwalker #2661 was pure heavy diesel bus exhaust. The next one down my list is interesting too if you like sweet stuff, 31% THC & over 5% terps, really candy flavored one.
That White Tygh Dream wasn't in my list, but I looked that up and the Fatso too. Fatso looks like it is GMO x OGK, so nice showing from the Chem & Cookies collaboration taking two of the top 3 places, really makes me regret the cookies bagseeds I tried 4 years ago never popped.
White Tygh Dream seems to be a really interesting story, hopefully its true. I emailed the originators and they say they created that one on their own starting from plants of Afghani origin and that its not related to Blue Dream in an way regardless the name. I didn't get a sample of that one either, but their high testing lab results with that one are pretty consistent.

Do you believe those THC % are accurate? I know some labs are giving bigger % for the right price so I'm always skeptical when I see such big numbers. Do you think there is really many strains with such % today?

Its pretty easy to throw shade on lab results and for sure some sort of mental margin of error should be established when reading the numbers, but this set is the best I got, they're all people's contest weed done at the same lab in this case. I was surprised that the Glue formerly known as #4
only showed 18.5% THC, but I've seen numbers like that on it before. I wonder if it was harvested young, the high testing Glue that I've met had some color on the little leaf tips at the top of the bud, and a somewhat different flavor.

Latest posts

Latest posts