What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Distinguished and Nurtured Kind

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my take on leds so far is that the buds themselves seem to be of better quality than my runs with the same plants under hids...and in general my gpw is higher under led but not by enough on average to overcome the wattage differential....but that said it's pretty close and i'm reasonably sure that i could close that gap with better canopy management...i'm pretty well convinced at this point that at least for the hot months of the year led is a far better choice for me...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my take on leds so far is that the buds themselves seem to be of better quality than my runs with the same plants under hids...and in general my gpw is higher under led but not by enough on average to overcome the wattage differential....but that said it's pretty close and i'm reasonably sure that i could close that gap with better canopy management...i'm pretty well convinced at this point that at least for the hot months of the year led is a far better choice for me...

Try CMH at some point. I have not flowered using my 320/250w led's. Everything Ive run under CMH has been better than anything I've run under HPS. I will get around to testing these LED's for flower. To be honest my opinion is biased for CMH. Seeing my CMH results I have doubts LED would surpass them in quality/yields. Led's can grow quality flowers for sure, we've all seen them. Like you the summer heat is difficult on my flower plants with no AC. It is why I got leds. Might be a good time to test them.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yup,aside from a few reports of bad boards it seems like they do work...at least as far as i had read on that forum...everyone here seems to be doing fine with them...i just thought it...maybe not unusual that she disappeared,just interesting that she,and here main minions abandoned the site at the same time...

Once she got the boot from here, why would any of her followers stay?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i was referring to her site,all her followers followed her over there,but all the main people stopped posting...

mr.brunch

Veteran
i was referring to her site,all her followers followed her over there,but all the main people stopped posting...

It seemed like everyone vanished from the other site at exactly the same time... made me think all the main personas were the same person.
I completed my grow there then left as no one was posting for days on end...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It seemed like everyone vanished from the other site at exactly the same time... made me think all the main personas were the same person.
I completed my grow there then left as no one was posting for days on end...
i was thinking "arrested for fraud" myself:)

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You know her name don't you? It's public information so you could just google her name and see what comes up.

just really not that interested...curious sure,but genuinely interested,not so much...

the important thing is they seem to be doing the trick for the people using them,and regardless of any participation by the maker frank is discharging his obligations regarding the lamps...it will be interesting going forward what his final opinion on leds is...

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here we are at 48 days of flower:

Mochiesel #9 -
cookie dom pheno

picture.php

picture.php

London Loud #4 - Sour Diesel pheno

picture.php

picture.php

dank.Frank

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
The #9 is starting to show the colors, but that diesel dominant #4 has my eyes enjoying the view! Looking great dank.frank.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the kind words, all!

I've been taking pictures the last couple days without catching anything of merit or worth sharing. I'll need to charge the batteries on the better camera today and see if I can't manage to get some decent shots of these ladies.

I've not said much about some of these plants - like the London Loud #2 for example.

It was the cut that rooted the best - and at one point I think over 1/3 of the room was filled in with cuts from #2. As she flowered, she was much slower than her siblings. Starting off with much leafier budsites that didn't have as much resin.

However, she's really starting bulk up and swell. Her terps are stronger than the Loud #4 - the strong diesel leaning plant - which really, structure wise is on point, but isn't really "loud" as per name sake. Loud #9 - still likely has the best resin quality in the bunch - with a sort of melon-gassy aroma. Her flowers are much smaller - much more compact - much denser than her siblings - but - seem to be of a higher quality...

Until now - the #2 - is starting to look almost identical to #9 - but just doing so a couple weeks later. Now, #2 is starting to look like the best London Loud in the room. I need to get better pictures of her.

The Mochiesel #9 - is just in full on beast mode. She really has started to take on a bit more sour terps as she matures and the calyxes start to crown out. More leaves are starting to turn purple. Older calyxes a sort of pink/purple hue, slowly going towards more purple. The new calyxes are still green. She'll be an interesting plant to watch finish.

We are 56 days in. I expect things to come down between 70-77 across the entire room. Everything seems to be maturing and ripening. I'm starting to see some signs of calcium and nitrogen depletion. Leaves are loosing some of their dark green luster and becoming more a lime green shade. I'm just going to sit back, keep watering, and let them do their thing.

I hope to get some pics taken before lights on today. :tiphat:

dank.Frank

nickman

Veteran
Sounds good Frank...!!!...

Your about two days ahead of my room...!!!...

Can’t wait to see more pictures!!!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Room Shot @58 days. Things are looking on point. Can't say I'm disappointed at this point considering the wattage being used.

picture.php

dank.Frank

Latest posts

Latest posts