What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Greenleaf Megacrop

It's clogging blumats
as far as I know, people wouldn't use an injector system and blumats in the same system?
Blumats rely on passive water flow, so depending on your setup and if the water pressure is really low, at least 1 person has reported there was flow issues with some organics blocking the passive flow. Other blumat users have not have problems, so it depends on the pressure

So I’ve been using MC for a couple runs now, old formula. But on this most recent run I want to try adding in some MKP as a bloom booster, I’m just not exactly sure how to go about it.
Should I just add it to the regular strength mix of MC or should I lower the amount of MC to accommodate the MKP? Does anyone else here also use a bloom booster and if so how do you go about adding it in?

I'm interested in the exact same information J thanks for asking. Any MPK users around?
usually about 1 gram per gallon should be pretty ample dosage to boost!

has anyone used megacrop in a drip system? any issues with clogging? it'll be dtw, so there shouldn't be anything getting into the reservoir except the nutrients.
In our test system we are using Home Depot drippers and never ran into problem, thats using very hard water as well. If you have any issues with clogging (like in a HP Aero system that have extremely fine openings), would just recommend a filter bag for the nutrients, or inline filter somewhere in the system which should stop all clogging 100%.

Depends on your water. Hardwater might get clogged over time. I use tap water around 370ppm and haven't clogged up thr lines yet, but I can see on the table like residue from mecacrop and hard water so I know it will clogg over time. and Megacrop has seaweed in it and that might also clog up the lines as well. Lateral flush valve would help clear lines.
There is a bit of organic "sludge" that builds up, but its usually not dense and not the type of buildup to clog a system with any type of forced water pressure (pump). So in other words, the pump will always clear the sludge out.

When mixing strong concentrates, there is also the possibility of a bit of white gypsum fallout, which is expected and accounted for. This type of fallout is like a white powderish, and will be much more likely to clog fine misters in aeroponic system type misters. Usually standard drippers can handle the small particles and will not clog drippers, although again, if you have any problems, adding filter will solve those issues.

Goats

as far as I know, people wouldn't use an injector system and blumats in the same system?
Blumats rely on passive water flow, so depending on your setup and if the water pressure is really low, at least 1 person has reported there was flow issues with some organics blocking the passive flow. Other blumat users have not have problems, so it depends on the pressure

usually about 1 gram per gallon should be pretty ample dosage to boost!

In our test system we are using Home Depot drippers and never ran into problem, thats using very hard water as well. If you have any issues with clogging (like in a HP Aero system that have extremely fine openings), would just recommend a filter bag for the nutrients, or inline filter somewhere in the system which should stop all clogging 100%.

There is a bit of organic "sludge" that builds up, but its usually not dense and not the type of buildup to clog a system with any type of forced water pressure (pump). So in other words, the pump will always clear the sludge out.

When mixing strong concentrates, there is also the possibility of a bit of white gypsum fallout, which is expected and accounted for. This type of fallout is like a white powderish, and will be much more likely to clog fine misters in aeroponic system type misters. Usually standard drippers can handle the small particles and will not clog drippers, although again, if you have any problems, adding filter will solve those issues.

good to know, i am going to be using a home depot watering manifold with 2 lines to each plant. i think it should be fine.

topcolas

i think dissolving megacrop in hot water before mixing it is the way to go. even tho megacrop mixes WAY better than vegbloom, maxibloom or any water soluble nutrients, i shake it like protein powder for a good minute or so.

i recycle plastic container like these instead of protein shaker. they work really good as long you don't use super hot water.

Attachments

• IMG_20190328_150511906.jpg
    IMG_20190328_150511906.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 32

JimMuscles

MC is the ticket. Dont ever stop making this, or else i'm screwed. Saves me so much time and headaches and money. Hell yeah.

J-Icky

So even with the new formula it still seems like it’s gonna provide too much N in late flower. Have you all just been using it at full dose until harvest, or flush if you do a flush? Have you been lowering the dosage the last couple weeks to lower the amount of N the plants are getting?
I’m contemplating doing a drop in dose the last 2 weeks but I’m afraid that by lowering the dose to get less N that I’m also not giving my plant the other nutes it could be using and would help get the best possible product.
My other thought is just a topping the MC 2 weeks before chop and using just MKP and potassium sulfate for the first week and doing a plain ph’d tap water flush the last week.

What do you guys think of these ideas and what is everyone else been doing?

I plan on using MKP.....once it arrives.
In coco, no plans to flush. Prefer to concentrate on environment for ripening, slow dry, cure.

Still toying with the ratios and numbers.
3rd run on MC. Small 4x4.

I put this together. No guarantees its accurate. Lol

Attachments

• Nute-sheet4.PNG
    Nute-sheet4.PNG
    16.1 KB · Views: 43

J-Icky

So if I went to 4gr/gal could I use pot sulfate at 1gram/gal with that to boost the potassium the plants are getting in the final weeks?

Goats

@greenleafnutes do you now longer offer domestic shipping in canada? last order i paid $6 and it was shipped with amazon. this time it is saying it's international and $50...

edit - realized i was on the US page. cheers.

Last edited:

Kesey

I love the idea of these all in ones, but I have a couple concerns as well. I'm ok with being locked into a ratio, but if I have to adjust MC for nitrogen week 4...then am I not also chasing recommended application rates of the phytohormones, chelates, and silicates you're supplying as well? Sativas would probably do well..but..

It's a good entry level all in one - but with a double take on the price sales will suffer.. There's others that are $60 on average for more weight. Mendocino hydro - even has the acids added for chelating. And General Hydroponics has released a industrial as well for around the same price. Seems like a awful lot of money for a product that has more calcium nitrate then anything else.

@xxPeacePipexx

Both those companies (grow more and GH) are owned by scott's which I personally am trying to avoid, that and I'm having a great time with MC after my trial run, bumper crops I haven't seen in my 5+ years of nute hopping. I'm sure there's other reason for others out there. I'm having no problems with justifying the price of the 21 lb bag for my personal grow, I'm going to be using it for years.

@xxPeacePipexx

Both those companies (grow more and GH) are owned by scott's which I personally am trying to avoid, that and I'm having a great time with MC after my trial run, bumper crops I haven't seen in my 5+ years of nute hopping. I'm sure there's other reason for others out there. I'm having no problems with justifying the price of the 21 lb bag for my personal grow, I'm going to be using it for years.

Yes, Hawthorne it is.. I've been working with a little of this product as well, but for $120 + shipping costs it's not worth the price no matter what is added. I totally understand why you and others are doing great with this and other like veg+bloom.. Glad you are happy with your purchase - I am too, but I didn't pay anything more than $70 for a bag of Mega Crop. That is my only complaint (excessive price increase) and it is not worth the money now in my own personal opinion and my only other issue is the stench of mega crops organic additives - smells like a yeast infection or a dirty *****

JimMuscles

It's a good entry level all in one - but with a double take on the price sales will suffer.. There's others that are $60 on average for more weight. Mendocino hydro - even has the acids added for chelating. And General Hydroponics has released a industrial as well for around the same price. Seems like a awful lot of money for a product that has more calcium nitrate then anything else.

What products are these exactly?

What products are these exactly?

Too many to list when it comes to the Mendocino l mentioned and General Hydroponics and even Cutting Edge are getting into the battle with their own new versions. These can't be compared with Jacks or anything like such. High grade mineral and fair prices..But I am not here to persuade others or to interfere with sales - so that leads to following the leads..

p0opstlnksal0t

Too many to list when it comes to the Mendocino l mentioned and General Hydroponics and even Cutting Edge are getting into the battle with their own new versions. These can't be compared with Jacks or anything like such. High grade mineral and fair prices..But I am not here to persuade others or to interfere with sales - so that leads to following the leads..

These are all one part powders?

Wink

Used up my old MC and at the tail end ordered and used the new MC. Now on another run using only the new formula. Old formula i had to add cal-mag, which to me wasn't really a big deal. Plants loved it. Now running the new formula it's a yoyo effect of nutrient deficiency and replenishment. TBH, it's become really annoying to watch the girls recover and then get pissed off again the following week. Mixing the new formula is really inconsistent. I mixed two separate gallon with one full scoop. First gallon came out to a PPM of 350 (plus my 95 ppm tap water, 2ed gallon with one full scoop came out to 1100 PPM. I really can't work with this kind of inconsistency anymore. Sad, i loved the first formula and had great results, even if it had to spend a little extra on cal-mag. Wish Greenleaf would bring it back.

Latest posts

Latest posts