What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sativa tour: Amsterdam.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
:bump:

Hello? I'm going in August.. first time... seems no one here has gone there in a few years. Dont believe it, where do I go?

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
:bump:

Hello? I'm going in August.. first time... seems no one here has gone there in a few years. Dont believe it, where do I go?

If I was going back, I would start at Voyagers. It's off the beaten path, but they always have good weed, they are very nice and helpful, and there are (or at least, were) several ICMAG members that hang out there sometimes. Dampkring worth checking out as well.

bibi40

For me Grey area , Dampkring , Voyagers , 1stHulp and ( sometimes ) the 420 are good place .

Cheers

W

Water-

I was there this winter.

Paradox coffee shop.

has real thai brick.

and good space cake.

small and old school place.

roll a big spliff with thai weed and some good hash mixed in and you will be very high.

Dampkring is the best place for hash, i think
grey area always has a line out the door and the quality is not as good as it used to be, I think.
420 had some good nevilles haze.
i've never had any luck at voyagers but others seem to have so its worth a look.
i remember thinking the prices were insane!
like 30 euro a gram or something for the latest cali fad strain
barneys and greenhouse had stupid prices as well.

I don't know what yall talking about, weed in Amsterdam sucks. There is no sativa, and weed it's all the same, high, smell and taste.

420empire

Veteran
Agree. I visit Amsterdam 6 months ago. It has become this over touristet place, with really bad weed which cost Way to much. Only a few such kashmir lounge have som really nice hash, red lebanon and hindu kush cream, and som ok cali miss. greenhouse had a really awesome cheese Indeed when vapes on vulcano. Maybe go to Spain, Nepal, US ?? Another thing a lot of the coffeeshops plays techno and they look like junkie dens....other then that Holland is beautiful. :)

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have to agree unfortunately it'S not the same anymore in the dam.
Still some good stuff to be found but normally not in the touristy places and you have to be in the know...
Add Kazu's and Kashmir Lounge to your places you have to check out. Both off the beaten path a bit but no problem by tram or bike, they're worth it.
I have friends there and go 2-3 times a year for a long weekend.Was there last time in April and got some really good, hazey A4 and some mediocre OG Kush at Kazu's. Good sativas can be found but it can be hard and as everywhere most will be hybrids anyways.
Now that Barcelona has Lily, my Amsterdam visits are becoming less frequent ;-)
Most important thing though is to get a bike!!!

Have fun
CC

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
You won't get anything real close to a "sativa" in A'Dam... where they mostly sell commercial strains and unfortunately nowadays, sativas aren't considered profitable strains in most cannabis spots.

Maybe you can try with the import Thai or South African but the quality and potency is going to be mediocre. Plus you'll have to deal with an annoying vendor trying to change your mind on buying "shitty" imports rather than the super nice trendy buds they sell at 15€/g.

Possibly you could still find some A5, C5 Hazes or decent Kali Mist in some places or outside the centre, around Maastritch. That's as close you would get to one (still 50% Haze at most!)... all the rest of "sativas" from the coffeshops are simply skunk and afghan hybrids with lots of body and bland effect, things like the Amnesia/SSH "core", Super Haze and all that crap.

Anyway nothing close to what sativa and haze heads are care for (clean weed, energetic buds with no body or heavy couchlock comedown despite the appeal or hype). Coffeshop scene= lots of fake strains, hype and overpriced buds, all for the tourist money! It's a good mirror of what the dutch cannabis industry become nowadays. Nothing close to what it used to be in the 90s. Good for tourists and eventual smokers though but not the best option for growers or people looking for high grade buds. You'd rather have a contact there to buy something nice/different outside the shops and do some tourism around the city, it's a lovely place to get lost. :D

Vibes.

G `day Musta

I visited the Sensi Seeds Shop in the Dam .
Kid there was showing me all these Indica hybrid seeds . I said I prefer sat hybs . Oh , he said , you should try the Dr Grinspoon at Barnies .
Well I rocked around to Barnie`s and picked up a gram of Doc G the next morning . A bag of calyxes and thin stems . Looked like crap .
Fired up a reefer and BOOM I felt it in my eyes and the top of my scalp . No body effect .

I also went to the Dampkring Coffee Shop and bought Nepali Hash that was very clean and clear . Nothing like the Afghan / Leb/ Maroc I had tried before .

So the clear up high ? Its out there just gotta trawl to find it among the Amnesia and Kush . lol .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Dampkring last night, crowded as hell. Got some GG4 and like others have said, I've only read about GG4 BUT the smell is great. Was smelling it all last night while in bed thru the bag. The high is very nice, and like others said, gets you nicely high but not as good as the smell. The help was was great. I was, without a doubt the oldest person in there..71. And Lemon Cake for the train ride to Venice, then drive south on the west coast some and then right hand tur n and then Florence (my wife was born there), Livorno (relatives), Tzungli (home of grand parents), Naples and the Amalfi coast :biggrin:.
Any Italian contacts here that might hook a brother up?:tiphat:
Also Red Bulldog: recommended by a retired Adam cop.. not going back.. the grams were stemy and looked light but I have no scale, so? dont remember what it was but off their 5star list. Smell was weak so was the high.. what do cops know?

Bmac1

Veteran
I'll be in Amsterdam for the first time next month. Just for a couple days before heading to Spain. Sounds like I'll need to start stretching my wallet now so it doesnt get injured when I see the menu prices, lol.

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
Somebody in the SF bay has the "Old Mother" sativa. Sample i got smoked great high (Wow), looks better than typical sativa but not great.

seen at several dispensary/club/lounges in the Market District.

Zapadra

I'll be in Amsterdam for the first time next month. Just for a couple days before heading to Spain. Sounds like I'll need to start stretching my wallet now so it doesnt get injured when I see the menu prices, lol.

Yeah it’s badass expensive

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Still there Snook? I'm coming over this week

Sorry Zap.. we just got inet connectivity today, but no longer in Adam.. Italy. I wasn't impressed with it all. Crazy amounts of bicycles and scooters. Went to the bulldog cafe.. grams we're dispenced from under the counter.. I was more impressed with dampkring where they weighed it out right in front of me. GG4, pretty good. And the lemon cake which I am doing right now 😲.

Zapadra

Sorry Zap.. we just got inet connectivity today, but no longer in Adam.. Italy. I wasn't impressed with it all. Crazy amounts of bicycles and scooters. Went to the bulldog cafe.. grams we're dispenced from under the counter.. I was more impressed with dampkring where they weighed it out right in front of me. GG4, pretty good. And the lemon cake which I am doing right now 😲.

Snapsies. Not impressed with coffee shop bud either. Best I had was black market imports. Still it is ticked off the bucket list :woohoo:

Miasa Mura

Somebody in the SF bay has the "Old Mother" sativa. Sample i got smoked great high (Wow), looks better than typical sativa but not great.

seen at several dispensary/club/lounges in the Market District.

Sadly, the “Old Mother Sativa” is not a true Sativa but a blend of “The best strain around Humboldt crossed to the best strain from Mendocino” is what I was told by the breeder.

420empire

Veteran
Amsterdam buds is Really not special, u can taste they use the same nutes and lights... and of course dosen’t put their heart and soul in the product... as many people don’t . ;)

Zapadra

Oh, dm sent! Italia is trickier than people think

74G

hey

i heard lily ? do you talk about the lily that moppel have ?

let me know cause love to have a cut of that lily for sure and if you have an idea of what it is i'm very interesting...
all the best

I have to agree unfortunately it'S not the same anymore in the dam.
Still some good stuff to be found but normally not in the touristy places and you have to be in the know...
Add Kazu's and Kashmir Lounge to your places you have to check out. Both off the beaten path a bit but no problem by tram or bike, they're worth it.
I have friends there and go 2-3 times a year for a long weekend.Was there last time in April and got some really good, hazey A4 and some mediocre OG Kush at Kazu's. Good sativas can be found but it can be hard and as everywhere most will be hybrids anyways.
Now that Barcelona has Lily, my Amsterdam visits are becoming less frequent ;-)
Most important thing though is to get a bike!!!

Have fun
CC

Latest posts

Latest posts