What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looking for some help to increase yield

oakley1984

3"-4" is a good space. Sometimes root rot on clones can come from the plug the clone was started in. Rockwol will get too saturated many times, even peat plugs and soil can get soaked when the water level is high.

i dont use rockwool or peat pucks for cloning, i use an aerocloner with neoprene disks, i remove the disc from the stem when putting into the hydroton

DrDee

Hi Oakley,
Just wanted to follow along to see how your problems get resolved. I've done hydro for almost two decades...but just a simple ebb and flow using maxi-bloom. I like the old style sea of green with a tray full of clones. I use hydroton and never had any root issues with it. Good luck...I'm pullin' for ya.
Cheers,
JD

Last edited:

BlindDate

Veteran
Hi Oakley

I thought that I would chime in to support what others have already said. The one thing I might add is that if you have the headroom and still want to run only 8 plants then grow trees. I am in a similar situation with 4400 watts in the room yet only 6 plants (room is 7'x14'). Veg them longer and train them with a high canopy. I pull 8-9 lbs per grow on a high yielding strain. I would also comment that if possible look at the VPD chart and raise your humidity in flower. It makes a big difference. No point having a different humidity for veg vs flower. I notice for some reason people on these boards think that lowering the humidity in flower will enhance trichome production or something. Or they are worried about mold. If mold is an issue then throw a few fans into the room. Ideally humidity should be at least 70% for best growth (ever walk into a greenhouse).

Latest posts

Latest posts