What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bloombox from bc

okietokie

does anyone use one of these...I know their high on price and I bet I could make a room similar .......here is my situation

i have an entire basement to play with...measures 48'x60'...in one corner there is a room sealed off with cedar and it measures 6'w11'L7'high....I had started to add on to the side of this room making another room with the same measurements only to be frantically reminded that I have no control over this place on who comes in and out(living with family....pest guy came to spray....I was going to build these two rooms as spankin did, one veg, one flower....)however since this event and its going to be at least a year before I get out of here....I really need something really inconspicuous and that is why I im asking about the bloombox...or does someone have anything similar?

Im going to complete the two rooms and make my office out of them and the box looks like other things I would have stored in there....

I have even thought about hitting some auctions and pick up some gun safes if I can find some deep enough for what I want and build my own bloombox out of them..butt them together or cut the back wall out and mount them back to back to acheive desired depth...

thanks

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Try Home Depot for a C13 or C22 mills pride cabinet ... seen alot of ppl use them with great results ..... little bit of custom work on them for ventilation and your on your way .... check out www.millspride.com i believe .

okietokie

thanks babbabud....didnt even think about those....I couldnt sleep so I got up and measured one of the gun safes here....and it measured on the outside
10" in depth... 21" wide and 55" tall... I bet one could still make those work as well and it would be a little more heavy of a box and they or this one at least is sealed and has a heavy lock...plus it would be very easy to make an angle iron base frame with caster wheels.....
im headed to h.d. this weekend so ill check out those cabinets as well...

G

You could even build a small closet witha door and everything and put it all inside the closet, exhaust, light, and all! I built a c13/c22 like cabinet myself and finished it in cardboard with sticky paper finish or whatever wood grain-like finish I can find. Check out the yard sales and get one of those british closets they sell sometimes. People put their TV's and stuff in them.

Good Luck!

Avid

G

I copied that bloombox as best as i could..
But its not the bloombox.. lol.. If i could afford one of these bloomboxes.
I would buy it. Plug & grow.. yeaa bayybee... They look awesome.. Use it new the way it comes till you want to change some stuff. E&F or soil, whatever you want to do... peace

sack :friends: :canabis: :joint:

Sleepy

Veteran
hey,
check out mrwags' grow in the organic hydro forum...
he just completed his first grow with one, i'm pretty sure its the model you are referring to.
:yummy:Wags' grow box...

almost a pound!!!

okietokie

thanks all.....ill check out wags box too.....just got back in from h.d. and they were having a sale on the black 5 gallon buckets for 2.99 each so I loaded up on some for a future bucket grow....checked out the c22 and I think that will work but I noticed a similar cabinet in a flea market that is a light metal...going to check that out as well....

G

I would go check out any army surplus.. They usually have the teachers/Office
lockers, usually at a decent price too.. peace..

cannakid

turnkey sytems

turnkey sytems

:wave: how much wher you planing on spending? arnt thoes BC bloom boxes like or 2G's. check out theas sun light sheds, their fully outomated, safe and reliable. aside from cousting 1700 dollars it looks like its just what you need. they say it doesnt take up any mose electricity that tha average fridgerator.

http://www.sunlightsheds.com/catalog.htm :chin:

the protege

I'm not so sure those systems have adequate ventilation, they have muffin fans for their exhaust with a 400 hps! I would just look it over before jumping for one of those.

cannakid

ya its got a thermal kill switch that cut the power compleatly if the inside temb gets above 105f. the 400w hyrofam switchable lamp uses an induct cooling fan and is IS cool to tutch, on their video media section they say to keep the light only 1 to 3 inches away from the plants it is fully adjusable and can be moved almost to the top of the system. they als osay that the filter is soo good that you could have a dead body in their and you wouldnt smell a thing when closed. the ONLY problem i could emagin is the net pots being too small or too close together. to compensat i was thinking of spacing the plants every two or three net pots or just go out and get one with four 6 inch net pots, one on each corner.

check it out if you can

http://www.sunlightsheds.com/video_training.htm

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Meet BOB

Meet BOB

okietokie the bloom box is a fine box but as all of them is a little expensive. I'm using Quick grows Black Box. The owner of Quick Grow told me that the guys that started BC originally started with him and went off to start their own company. These boxes are very expensive for what they are but stealth and convenience are what make them great. If you are like me you will start small get your ass bit off by the growing bug and will move on to bugger and better things. Check out my gallery for some good pics of what I did early on (hid it under my work bench in the garage) and then got tired of dealing with the extreme heat and built a box for the box. Pm me if you got any questions I've done a huge amount of trial and error with this thing and researched a ton before I got mine and finally converted it from a drip system to ebb and flow with great results. You can build them cheaper but they pay for themselves rather quickly. Besides us okies gotta stick together.

Mr.Wags

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the protege said:
I'm not so sure those systems have adequate ventilation, they have muffin fans for their exhaust with a 400 hps! I would just look it over before jumping for one of those.

excellent point. The heat in these store bought boxes gets to be above 100 degree's in the summer in out of the box form. But with a little Ghetto fab:

The main thing is to get the heat out of the box:

But her is the best and cheapest I have found so far (besides the cool tube):

A 29.00 dollar Dayton fan and a 12.00 cool tube off of e-bay dropped my summer temps by 15 degrees. To bad I spent over 1000.00 to find this out but hey it's a hobby.

Mr.Wags

G

If i could afford it i would buy one.. Just looks ez and much less time spent..
Just my 2 pennies.. peace..

Latest posts

Latest posts