What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pale green tops

Strain is gg4 middle to end of the second week of flower. Grown this strain multiple times with no problems. I also have forum cut, ogkb, and loctite in the room and they are doing great. The tops of the plant are pale green with purple veins. Bottom of the plant is fine. I feed 6/9 with kelp and some humics. Temps are 72-76 on and around 65 lights off. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• AFE10F7D-8BFB-4A56-87A5-127B5C02834B.jpg
    AFE10F7D-8BFB-4A56-87A5-127B5C02834B.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 16
  • B7FE2B5C-7CD8-42C2-84C8-C0F8376CE5C0.jpg
    B7FE2B5C-7CD8-42C2-84C8-C0F8376CE5C0.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 16

MrBungle

My first thought was magnesium deficiency... but a lot of micro nutrients like iron, zinc, manganese look very similar also.... how often are you watering?

M

moose eater

My first thought was magnesium deficiency... but a lot of micro nutrients like iron, zinc, manganese look very similar also.... how often are you watering?

Wouldn't mg deficiency be evident first in -lower- leaves?

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have run gg4 a number of times over the years and i must say your plants look totally fine unless i am missing something,,,,,s2

MrBungle

Magnesium in older and middle aged leaves... thats why lobbed that one in and changed my story to micros :D
Deficiencies and toxicities are really tough to diagnose with the plant right in front of me, let alone on a pic from someone else's world...

My hope was that even if I'm wrong.. Someone will come in and help the guy out, he was clearly seeking some guidance :)

M

moose eater

Magnesium in older and middle aged leaves... thats why lobbed that one in and changed my story to micros :D
Deficiencies and toxicities are really tough to diagnose with the plant right in front of me, let alone on a pic from someone else's world...

My hope was that even if I'm wrong.. Someone will come in and help the guy out, he was clearly seeking some guidance :)

Cool.

Someone recently helped me out by informing me that excess K in my late bloom-stage girls -might- well be the cause of not enough mg and N getting to where they needed to go (compounded by the likelihood of excess mg in the first place, and calcium to mg ratio being off due to too much dolomite in the calcium sourcing).

Still learning as I progress from what was once more heavily influenced by art with a bit of science, and having that path run into some unexpected bumps. :biggrin:

MrBungle

Cool.

Someone recently helped me out by informing me that excess K in my late bloom-stage girls -might- well be the cause of not enough mg and N getting to where they needed to go (compounded by the likelihood of excess mg in the first place, and calcium to mg ratio being off due to too much dolomite in the calcium sourcing).

Still learning as I progress from what was once more heavily influenced by art with a bit of science, and having that path run into some unexpected bumps. :biggrin:

That's great man These are the things that get lost in translation for me... I've seen the diagrams with the elemental antagonists and it just turns into a black and white mandala to me

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Fuck all the leaf diagrams, They're fun and all, but lets start with the meat and potatos.

What growing medium are the plants growing in and what are you feeding so far?

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
keep it kiss mate,,,,
if pale add a bit more food,,,,
stressing over nowt,,,,s2

I’ve been growing in coco for 3 or 4 years...one thing I have learned is it’s never as simple as just adding more food. I’m feeding 6/9 full strength which pretty much comes out to 1.3-1.4 ec. Adding more food isn’t the answer to this problem

MrBungle

How are you using the silica in your formula? as a part of the formula or as a pH up?

there is a difference... using it in the formula means you are adding a specific amount in the beginning, then adjusting the pH down to allow the other nutrients to mix into solution as you add them in, with little to no precipitates

using it as pH up is just like you imagine.. just using enough silica to adjust the pH of your final solution

coco is neutral or 7.0 I could see the silica possibly raising media pH over time if you aren't careful with it

I use it as part of my formula. Calmag then Silica then base. I only use it every other watering and I get runoff. I did reuse this coco but all the plants are in it...it would be very weird for just the glue to have a problem with it. Just gonna flush really well with 200ppm then feed as normal

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Growing in coco fed 6/9 with some Silica, cal mag, and stump tea once a week

What is 6/9? is that a blend of GH flora series or something?

How often does the base nutrient get fed to the plant? is that also weekly?

Also can you get a digital pH reading of the runoff? I saw that you mentioned to reused the coco, if something is squirrely because of that, we might see it on the runoff pH