What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

C99 4x4 SOG

Hello everyone! New the community, but I've been growing for years. Started off outdoors, but grown quite partial to indoors. I've been running a SOG setup under a 600w for about a year now. Life's been busy for me so I took a few months off. But after a short break it m back baby! I'll try to cover eveverything (as far as the setup) but feel free to chime in! On with the business:

Split a 10x10 room, into 2- 5x10' rooms. One side is my veg area (12 bulb t8) and the other is my flowering room. Using a 1000w hps in a 6" blockbuster hood, cooled by a 6" hyper fan. Odor control is a 6x18" eBay carbon filter. The Sea of Green will be in a 4x4 drain table, using a motified version of Pico's PVC Drip manifold.

36-1gal pots of straight coco. Running DTW with 2gph floraflex drippers. Starting them off 1 feed per day but working up to 3 by week 2 of 12/12.
Nutes will be GH cocotek a/b, calmag, liquid koolbloom, and Drip Clean. Ph'd to 5.8 and let it swing up to 6.3.
25 gal Rez filled weekly.

Picking up the pieces from where I left off a few months ago. Have 7 clones/soon to be mothers of an old cut of C99 I gave to a friend, that was gifted back to me 😁 They're about 2 weeks old, and exploding with growth.
Clones will be cut Sunday evening and hopefully another update once they root. These will be put directly into 1gal pots and flowered.

So pull up a seat if you'd like, I'll post some pics (I'll see if I can do it correctly) and let's get this show on the road! Last harvest was 16-1gal pots of coco under a 600w of Dinafems Critical+ 2.0, pulled 20oz🔥
Let's see what can be achieved under 1k 😎

Forgot to upload the pictures

Attachments

• IMG_0495.jpg
    IMG_0495.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0504.jpg
    IMG_0504.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0569.jpg
    IMG_0569.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0568.jpg
    IMG_0568.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 18
F

FreeUrMind

KarlosKlone your critical + would this strain be any good for insomnia

mushroombrew

Veteran
Female seeds. Popped 30 of them, two really stood out as winners to me, so that's what I'm working with on this next run. They'll be put straight into 12/12 after rooting. A true SOG

I am curious to see how FS turns out. I grew Grimm C99 back in '05.
Waiting on a pack of their new stock. Hope its good.
How's the nose and taste on yours?

I am curious to see how FS turns out. I grew Grimm C99 back in '05.
Waiting on a pack of their new stock. Hope its good.
How's the nose and taste on yours?

I could see 3 main phenotypes:

1) indica dom- short and bushy, not so "fruity" smelling- more pungent/skunky. Partner says it smells citrusy but my nose can't pick it up. This one threw nanners at week 6 (could've been multiple reasons. Heat, light leaks) 50-56 days.

2) sativa dominant- not too stretchy. ZERO SCENT. Zero. It literally smelled like nothing. Giant, dense flat topped buds, covered in fox tails. very high calyx:leaf ratio. Cured to a wonderful smooth, sweet smoke. 56 days. Large yielder

3) Sativa dominant- also not too terribly stretchy. STONG OBVIOUS PINEAPPLE SMELL/TASTE. Huge spear shaped buds, I've never smelled anything like it, such an extreme tropical fruity smell. Also large yielder, this pheno wanted an extra week, chopped her at 63 days.

I grew out some of the bros Grimm Cindy way back in the day, around '00. This is the closest ive come to the real deal. The high is an immediate punch to the dome. Very energetic, up and moving high. Too much for a lot of indica lovers. 😂 After a few weeks cure, #2 has a very sweet scent and taste. #3 is just SO heavenly, favorite head stash bud. Upon opening the jar, I'm blasted with a tropical fruit scent.

Very busy weekend, wasn't able to get on here. Sorry guys!

On Sunday I took 43 cuttings. Root riot plugs, and dipped in clonex.
I want to share with everyone the explosive growth on these new moms. Fed everyday til runoff with Cocotek grow A/B @ 6/6 mL/gal. Cal mag @ 1mL and Drip clean.

Attachments

• IMG_0629.jpg
    IMG_0629.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0631.jpg
    IMG_0631.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0627.jpg
    IMG_0627.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 12
Had a few issues with cloning, which left me with 25 rooted clones. So this won't be a 36 plant SOG. Running 24 (four rows of six). All were planted directly from root riot plugs into 1 gal pots and given 1 week to establish themselves. Today is Day 1 of flowering.
710ppm
5.8ph
5ml A/B cocotek
1ml calmag
1ml rapid start
.3ml drip clean

Day 1 flower. The canopy shot is of the mothers, underneath a 400w MH. I'm thinking of Throwing a screen up and doing a scrog with 4 of the mothers as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0798.jpg
    IMG_0798.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0774.jpg
    IMG_0774.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0801.jpg
    IMG_0801.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 24

mushroombrew

Veteran
Day 1 flower. The canopy shot is of the mothers, underneath a 400w MH. I'm thinking of Throwing a screen up and doing a scrog with 4 of the mothers as well.

Nice setup! I have plans to do a SOG 4x4 with 80 drippers in the next week or so.

I feel like you should veg a bit longer. With plants that small I run 4/sqft. You have 1.5/sqft. I recommend going back to 18/6 for at least 1 week. Your harvest will be much better.

Nice setup! I have plans to do a SOG 4x4 with 80 drippers in the next week or so.

I feel like you should veg a bit longer. With plants that small I run 4/sqft. You have 1.5/sqft. I recommend going back to 18/6 for at least 1 week. Your harvest will be much better.

I was pondering veg time, I think you're right. They've had one week on 18/6, I think I'll flip the light back to 18hrs for another week

mushroombrew

Veteran
80 drippers in a 4x4? I'd love to see the manifold for that setup!

Ok good veg longer good call. Also because its not packed tight maybe top now? I like cindy with 4 early leads?

I have yet to build the manifold. I actually need to
Set up four 4x4 with drippers! But will do one at a time to start.

Need to figure it out. I have not setup that many before. But I am liking DTW top watering. Just need some automation in my life!

Ok good veg longer good call. Also because its not packed tight maybe top now? I like cindy with 4 early leads?

I have yet to build the manifold. I actually need to
Set up four 4x4 with drippers! But will do one at a time to start.

Need to figure it out. I have not setup that many before. But I am liking DTW top watering. Just need some automation in my life!

Check out Pico's PVC drip manifold. Using 1/2" pvc and 1/4" top hat grommets. Can be modified to almost any setup

Day 7 flowering. Decided to continue flowering, I know that yield will not be very high..but for this run that's ok. Plants are 12-16" and showing the very first pistols. Increasing EC gradually. It's a 4x4 tray but the plants are arranged in roughly 3x3.

Attachments

• IMG_0879.jpg
    IMG_0879.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0886.jpg
    IMG_0886.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 23