What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HUMBOLDT´S GREEN CRACK BEANS

CannaKrede

Hey there fellow Cannabis lovers!

Well i got my self some of these GC Beans from humboldt seeds!
They are feminized! Got 5 and I have germinated 2 and they look good so far!

So have any out there tried the GC beans from HBS and do they live up to the clone only version?

Great day to ya all! :)

CannaKrede

CannaKrede

Are there really no one who know anything about these beans, that you wanna share with this cannabis carebear? Anyone! :)

CannaKrede

Yeah just notized there are another Humboldt seed! My ladies is from HSO! Humboldt seed organisation! Just to make things clear! ;)

BadRabbit

i am trying to get info on these too. how are yours doing cannakrede?

delayed response, but you might still find this interesting. I ran a freeby seeds of the HSO green crack and the Cali Connect Green Crack (both fem, single seeds) side by side.

They're still finishing but it's clear what's happening .... the CC GC is a vine with mild smell and tiny buds. The HSO GC looks like total keeper ... nice structure, big central cola, nice frost, quick finishing and, while I haven't sampled the smoke yet, there's an awesome strong fruity/skunky funk coming off the plant. Can't really prove anything with one seed ... but it is what it is.

I'm running rare dankness, bodhi, MNS, Dr G .... and the little HSO GC takes the cake. I'm beginning to wonder if HSO and their Euro twin Dinafem aren't better choices for the money than all these "elite breeders"....

mack 10

Veteran
^^That's good news, cause I've got a pack of HSO's Green Crack too.
Might just pop em after hearing that.

BadRabbit

^^That's good news, cause I've got a pack of HSO's Green Crack too.
Might just pop em after hearing that.

I'd say go for it .... no guarantees, but I think they're as good of a bet as you can get.

I'm just floored ... I spend over $200 on 6 bubba og seeds from dr. greenthumb figuring I'll have something really special ... what'd I get? A small pile of absolute crap. Not a single plant worth keeping in the 6 S1 fem seeds. Be happy to post the photos.

I pop a little freebie from HSO and bam, I get something ten times better than the "legend" ... what a joke. ticked off to no end. Talked to Dr G and showed him the photo, he inferred I was a liar and told me to (basically) go pound sand.

HSO vs CC Green Crack

HSO vs CC Green Crack

Took down my first Cali Conn Green Crack last month. Biggest plant in the room 6.5 ft tall and 5 ft wide. The yield was good, but the buds themselves were average, not much frost, but had decent density and a typical kushy earthy smell and taste.

I have another freebie CC Green crack a couple weeks into flower, and it appears to be on the same track as the first one. Very tall with lots of tops! Hoping for a better overall finished appearance.

The Humboldt Green crack freebie is 4 weeks in flower and is the complete opposite. It hasn't stretched much at all compared to the ones from Cali Conn.

I just put in a freebie flower bomb kush from GHS which is supposed to have the green crack in it. Not much stretch so far, so maybe leaning on the HSO side of green crack?

Also looking forward to the strains from Bodhi that have his Appalachia, which has green crack in it as well.

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
I have a mother from CC of green crack. Really robust plant. It clones easily. I also have an HSo green crack, just vegging right now though. I also have green crack from sickmeds seeds. So with I the next 6 months a triple showdown is gonna happen and see which one I like the best. The GC from CC is one of my best outdoor strains. Gonna be done early and it's frosty as fuck n has a mouth watering smell.

DJXX

Veteran
sup franky ..i love my Cali Conn GC too...a massive yielding bitch...i have the HSO versoin in veg too...heard the HSO is a dead on representation...stoked to see how it turns out...DJXX

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
man i have had better luck from cheap breeders like sweetseeds,dinafem,hso and female seeds then i have some these 150$ packs of shit..fkk all that hype man go with these guys u will be alot happier and have alot more cash

Mikenite69

Veteran
Anything anyone wants to see ran that humboldt offers let me know and I'll get it. For people that wonder HSO breeders are from Cali. All there gear are legit s1's of the clone onlys.

I will be getting a ton of stuff from HSO that I will be running shortly. I have been in contact with one of the main breeders for HSO and let's just say I'll have a bunch of shit to run.

Also they will be working to release gear under the HSO banner with loompa. They will be also releasing something with cookies in the coming months. They also have a 89 roadkill skunk pheno that I am sure is getting selfed and released soon. Lots of good things coming up from humboldt seeds stay tuned.

mjg132

Thats good info right there,i love the 'giant' killers,seed growers that get hold of quality genetics and send them out at reasonable prices.If we all patronise these guys and continue to insist on high standards of desired traits we wont have to ' crap shoot' our way there and have better repeatability,and elite breeders will have more competitive pricing too.
Great posts :)

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey bro. Mike, let me know when you run them. Got some HSO seeds in the stash and would love to see some grows of their gear. That 89 RKS should be interesting if they self it. Waiting to tune in ;).

Never had the GC yet but was looking to pick up a pack from HSO and maybe a few other places. Take care 1

Mikenite69

Veteran
Hey Kant what's up buddy? Well the breeder that I have been speaking to sent my package out yesterday and said there is a ton of stuff in there. He also told me anything that isn't in there or anything else that I want to reach out and he will get it to me. I am waiting kn the rks drop as well. Hopefully they are in there but I know it was just flowered out and made sure it was stable. They will be selfing it I am almost positive so I expect they will be getting dropped in the coming months.

As soon as my package lands I'll come back to this thread and update everything that I got. I am hoping for some greencrack and the 707 truthbands and 707 headband. We will see I am grateful for anything that they hooked me up with and have the option to get whatever else I want.

It's time to show people that what HSO offers for under 40 bucks are better than most of the overpriced shit on the market. Lots of people put HSO down and I bet half the people that talk shit never even ran any of there gear. Anyone that actually has ran there gear 99% of the people have raved about what they got for the price they paid.

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
Im gonna get some HSO seeds and see how they stack up to the original GC clone... I have been working on a seedline of GC myself... been working with GC for yrs... Have made S1s and have Bx to the original cut of the best females found in the S1s. Gonna test them and make another Bx... will see how stable I can make them... ;)

Cant have a GC thread with out some pics!

Original GREEN CRACK ( clone only )
DWC - 50 Days Flowering ( Pre-Harvest )

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Peace SGS

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
Just checked out the HSO GC offering... hummm

One of California's most famous cash crops has now become a global icon.

HSO is proud to introduce this elite selection, branded with the classic Skunk#1 x a pure isolated Afghani. The exquisite sweet mango essence is one of the most important features of this strain. The other main feature is, it produces more than most strains. Grows vigorously and flowers quickly and profusely. Multiple bud sites allow for a huge yield, making her a queen cash cropper.

Type
Feminized

Genetic/Composition
Indica Dominant

Flowering Days
60-65 days

THC
High

Production
High

Outdoor Height
up to 4.5m

From their description I wouldn't think they are talking about real GC... GC is Sativa Dominant, but has fast veg and fast flowering... so may people think that only indicas can do that I guess... If GC is crossed to anything that has a Sativa Heritage you will see hands down how Sativa GC is when it passes on its genetics. GC x Warlock = mostly Sativa monsters with an 85 Day flowering time! They list it as being a famous Cali cut??? What?

Mango? The smell and taste of GC to me has never been mango... more like Sweet pungent fruit that a SKUNK laid on for a month. This stuff REEKS! One of the most smelly strains I have ever come across other then Afghani Orange from defunct Capricorn Seeds.. I miss her!

The flowering time for GC is NEVER more then 55 Days.. yes she will go purple if taken out to day 65-70+... but the effects are much different and diminished. Also risk of mold is very HIGH after Day 55... most the time she is done at Day 50 in Soil or Hydro...

As for my S1 population,, GC isn't stable, there is moderate variation in the S1s, longest flowering time is 65 Days. But most are 50-60 Days... there is some variation is smell and taste,, but most importantly there is limited variation in potency! Most plants have the superior potency of there momma.

Im not sure exactly what HSO is offering but will give it a shot nonetheless,..

It will be awhile before I can make a pure stable GC FEM line but it is high priority.

SGS

Last edited:

Mikenite69

Veteran
Well anything selfed is gonna show different phenotypes. Plus isn't there a more indica leaning greencrack and a sativa? I have heard before there is one that is weak in potency and one that is pretty strong. Don't know how true this is but it's what I have heard.

On another not just got word from my buddy my beans from humboldt have landed and let's just say the breeder hooked me up! Anything anyone wants to see ran I'll try to get into rotation as soon as I can. I'll come back with pics once they land in my mailbox.

5 trainwreck fems, 5 bubba kush fems, 10 707 headband fems, 10 Dr. Greenthumb's em dog fems, 10 Amherst sour diesel fems, 10 green crack fems, 10 blue dream fems, 10 ewe 2 fems, 10 dinafem original amnesia, 10 dinafem mob dick and 10 dinafem critical +.

coldcanna

Veteran
I ran a few HSO Blue Dreams this summer and they were excellent. Massive plants with great vigor, awesome bud and strong yields. HSO really impressed me and I'd def try more of their gear. Mike- did you deal with them directly or go through a middle man? If you don't mind, please PM me some contact info as I'd love to get a mix pack like you got