What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How To Reveg

Im soon going to be flushing and harvestig my plants im wondering if the flushing going to play a part in tje whole reveg process

I just came on the board to ask a question and I saw yours.

I have reveged after a plant is done many times in F&D tray. Unlike a typical plant in a pot I don't exactly trim the roots. I pull up the base and main root ball of harvested plants and that process takes a lot of excess roots away from those staying behind.

What works for me is increasing the light period from 12 to 18 hours a day, perhaps running at 24hrs for the first week but it isn't critical, and running my feeding schedule on the usual 3 x 3 minutes per day on plain tap water and some Cannnzyme, if I have it on hand, until they've reveged to the point where I can either take clones or flip again.

All up, I wouldn't feed them for at least 3 weeks, but usually closer to a month after rebooting. There is a lot of food stored in that thick base stem and the main roots immediately below the surface, probably enough to last a complete reveg/flower if you flipped for the 2nd time relatively quickly.

Hope this helps.

Peace

Why reveg? Why not keep a mother plant stock somewhere. A cheap light in the corner of a room will do just fine. Just seems like a waist of time to me and from my experience the genetics take a pretty big hit when doing this. Just my thoughts, Im not saying its right or wrong.

C

chris harris

Quote from Chimera from another thread:
I have reveg'd hundreds if not thousands of plants, and found that the clones taken from stumps of reveg'd plants suffer absolutely no loss of vigor as compared to their donor plants; further the cuttings from the reveg plants perfectly replicate both the terpene and cannabinoid profiles of their donors.

People have all sorts of reasons for re-veg. Might have lost their cuttings, don't have the room, or desire, to keep mothers, or maybe you had something you were flowering that didn't impress you at first, but turned out awesome.

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
I recently went 5 for 5 on revegging. I left about 1/4 oz worth of nuggets on 6-10 lower branches, and within 2 weeks small shoots started forming and by 4 weeks I had lush growth. Plants were in 3 gallon smart pots with coco. I did not do anything to root mass or container and feed pure water for 2 weeks and then veg formula after. Super simple but you have to leave (sacrifice) enough flower material for photosynthesis while reverting.