What's new

Is all THC the same??

burns1n209

The reason i ask the question, is all thc the same?, becuase it seems to me that after smoking the same strain for 2+ weeks i seem to get immune to it per say, still gets me high but not like the first time i smoked it. Im talking good buds being smoked. I notice i can even smoke some less potent stuff in between just to mix it up and shit gets me loaded, even though has less thc or just some b grade. while my weed is a+ but not doing the trick after smokeing it for couple weeks, so thats where the question came from. how does this work and why?

Smoking Gun

There are more compounds at work in your system other than THC. There is CBD, CBN, CBC, and 60 some-odd other cannabinoids contained in cannabis. The reason we feel different effects from different strains is because each strain contains these compounds in differing ratios.

The reason for the effects feeling weaker after two weeks is because your body has developed a tolerance for that particular ratio and genetic profile of the cannabis you have been smoking. This is a bit of a natural phenomenon, but like many things we expose ourselves to, the more often we experience them the less likely we are to feel their effects.

But to answer the question of the thread title, yes all THC is the same. All THC molecules have the same chemical structure, and are therefore the same. But due to the differing ratios of other cannabinoids in conjunction with THC and each other in different varieties we feel varying effects.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree thats why most growers will do multiple strains so we can grab another strain when we need to. I usually have 5 different strains...

Last edited:

Elsweeto

I find it doesn't matter what the strain is, if my tolerance is high (the fuck am I saying "if") its no high for me.

djonkoman

Veteran
I have an opposite effect, if I just have a new strain I can't give my opinion it at first, only when I'm vaping from it a few days I'm used to it and it gets me higher. after a few weeks I often want some variation again tough. and if I had the strain before I don't seem to need the getting used to(often I choose a strain I never had before, but nepalhash is something I often get, my favorite hash so far, and don't have to get used to it if I get it)

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
all THC is infact the same,, since THC stands for delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol,,

its one of the many compounds that cause the unique effect of ganja,, cannabis has many genes that are selected into certain lines making them identifiably different enough and each individual in those lines is different in terms of what genes are expressed and thus what terpenoids/flavanoids and cannabinoids are produced within them, these groups of molecules and many others affect the taste/smell and the high,,

and simply your body has adapted to the particular cannabinoid profile of that A+ bud,, if you mix multiple lines you will get much higher for much longer, THC isnt the most desirable cannabinoid either..

just read smoking guns reply and he hit the nail on the head k+

:smokeit:

Last edited:

djonkoman

Veteran
I did have when I started smoking, what I needed to get high at first could now last me at least a week, probably 2 weeks, of daily vaporizing. my first 5 times or so I didn't notice anything, probably because I didn't smoke enough, my first time high was also the first time pure(not mixed with tobacco), and a lot more as the previous times. kept smoking a lot but once a week for a while, untill I discovered I could get high from less too. but now I have stabilized, I have cycles of more and less vaporizing but it stays around the same level