What's new

Day 30 update - sick plants

Rougarou

It's day 30 and 2 of my girls arent doing well. The Afghan Kush x Skunk (left front) and El Nino (right front) both look sick. The Afghan has a problem with the lower leaves yellowing, and so does the El Nino. They were both fed with a 650 ppm solution of Grow Big on Monday, then again on Friday. The leaves on the El Nino feel brittle, despite being watered. Thoughts? Should I bump up the feeding solution (FF Grow big) to about 850 ppm?

I topped all 4 girls on Wednesday. The Afghan has been droopy ever since.

L1QTI.jpg

Rougarou

I know they're overwatered. Theyve been repotted on tuesday, and they were real dry on wednesday. Im not worried about the overwatering. Im sure the droopy leaves are due to this week's stress.I wanna know why my lower leaves are yellowing so severely and my el nino leaves feel like paper

Buddle

Veteran
Lower leaves are showing signs of needing nutes.Since you already fed them..give them a few days and then watch for signs of any stress on the new growth..The El Nino is going to be more sensitive to nutes than the afghan being a sativa..The leaves feeling like paper is excess nutes.Just water it for a bit w/o nutes.Let them get nice and dry in between H2O and/or feedings. This will allow lots of oxygen to be pulled into the soil when you do water..good luck

Rougarou

How could it be showing signs of excess nutes and showing nute deficiency at the same time? I let 4 days go between feedings...is that too long?

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
whats the humidity? also soil ph?

they're pretty young, and def. could just grow out of this. i'd say get them under an HID if that's at all possible. i stopped using floros for vegging because i kept having issues like this. switched to hid veg, and no issues. just my own observations.

Rougarou

whats the humidity? also soil ph?

they're pretty young, and def. could just grow out of this. i'd say get them under an HID if that's at all possible. i stopped using floros for vegging because i kept having issues like this. switched to hid veg, and no issues. just my own observations.

Those 5 cfls (4x 23w 6500k, 1x 23w 2700k) are hanging from a 400w cooltube hid hood. I was told by many on here that the hid wouldnt be needed until i start flowering. Should i put them under the big light soon?

My runoff ph has been consistently between 6.4 and 6.2, except the day i repotted and the day after that. 5.5 on repot day and 6.0 the day after. Those results are consistent with the day they were planted.
Temps are low to mid 70° F, humidity 39-42%.

Rougarou

How far up do you think I need to up the nute concentration? This didn't get like this overnight, so apparently the last feeding I gave them was not enough to carry them through.The last two feedings (this past Monday night and Friday night) were done at 650ppm with dechlorinated 127ppm H2O.

I used 1 1/2 tsp/gal Fox Farm Grow Big for both feedings listed above. Should I just resume the FF grow schedule say, at week 1? 850 ppm or so?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like over watering to me and not feeding often enough. I never go over 500 or 1EC in veg(30-40 days) then increase to 2ec for flower ph 6-3-6.8 drift.... I feed my plants every time I water. Usually every 2-3 days depending on how dry the soil is. The larger the plant the more it needs.. I use 400w of T5 to veg with for larger plants and a smaller 100w t5 for seedlings until there ready to transplant to 1g pot.

Hope that helps

Rougarou

I had considered feeding every day but with a weaker solution but i was afraid of nute burn. How often do you flush?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I stop feeding 2-3 weeks before harvest. I continue to water no food..The plant will be all yellow most of the leaves will be dead..