What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1KW - 4X4 Tent - 50 Plants - Mandela HashBerry

ShortStackz

Hi guys. Its been a lil since I've posted anything. This is the current. Around 50 plants went 12/12 at about 6-8" & are now about a foot, give or take 4" for some slower or faster growing ones. Currently at day 50 week 7, there last week for nutes with the remaining time after flushed with water & molasses until ready. Will likely get the chop around 65-70 days. Smells semi sweet with a kind of gasoline smell. It is showing some hues of blue/purple. Super frosty. The weight on these are real beefy which calls for support for the taller ones to protect from going limp:biggrin:.

Heres some specs of how things are running:

Nutes: General Hydro micro, bloom, floralicious plus, diamond nectar, liquid koolbloom & dry koolbloom.

Light & hood: 1kw with raptor hood

Feed & medium: Hand water drain to waste with 4" rockwool cubes

Don't be shy to say :wave: or ask questions.:thank you:

ShortStackz

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

ShortStackz

Thanks all. With finally getting this powdery mildew taken care of after all the runs with it. Can finally let her reach her max.

ShortStackz

wdcf, this will yield way better. I say close to 2 #. The last run of gdp was actually one of the worst ever. I think they got a lil shocked/stunted along the way because the root system only filled at most 50% of the 4" rockwool cubes when they should filled up pretty much most of it.

FlowerFarmer, ya those are real handy & were a life saver because trying to hang that fan was not working at all.

wdcf, this will yield way better. I say close to 2 #. The last run of gdp was actually one of the worst ever. I think they got a lil shocked/stunted along the way because the root system only filled at most 50% of the 4" rockwool cubes when they should filled up pretty much most of it.

FlowerFarmer, ya those are real handy & were a life saver because trying to hang that fan was not working at all.

I skimmed through your previous GDP grow and was impressed/intrigued into trying the SOG in a tub method. I see you're no longer doing flood & drain and instead going with hand feed/run to waste I'm guessing?

Do you have a more specific guess as to your final yield with 50 plants? I'm considering setting up a similar setup to yours and I just wanted to get a better idea about numbers.

Last question, how long do you veg for and do you train/top your plants during? Thank a lot.

ShortStackz

Robotrumble, ya no more automatic flood & drain. Started to depend on it too much to do everything & thats when shit just F's up. At least round here. Rather spend the extra man hours every couple days to hand water & get to know the plants. The end results are well worth it. But I guess if you got hundreds or thousands than that may not be an option for some.

A more specific guess on final weight, IDK. Never ran a full bed of Hashberry, only half and half of other stuff. Last time with just half the bed full of hashberry ended up with a lil more than a #. So this should be around 2 if not more but I'll update with the actual numbers in about 2-3 weeks.

Well they grow in the 1.5" cubes for about 1-2 weeks after the roots show out the bottom before transferring them to the 4" cubes because theres just not enough room for them to grow in the veg area if they were put into bigger cubes to veg. Im sure they would grow alot bigger if they were allowed to grow for that 1-2 weeks in bigger cubes tho. Plus height is another issuee so they can't get that big.

Don't train nor top them. Down time has always been an issue so no time to train. As far as topping goes its just not needed for the amount of plants in the tray. Topping with the amount of plants now may just create a bunch of smaller buds & less weight due to over crowding. Maybe if there were only 25 plants. Half of whats goind now than yes, top to double the heads to 50.

Wdcf, no prob. I would shoot you some but your blacked out.