What's new

Beaster buds..The weed I used to smoke may have been contaminated?

G

guest86120975

Hey guys, I was wondering if there's any way to speculate about what I may have been smoking years ago. Back in the early 2000's, as u probably know, beaster buds where flooding the east coast and look visually good but are actually very crappy. But I used to smoke this stuff.....looks good at first, but has no smell, tastes like card board, maybe have a faint chemical smell but that's it. The high is very intense (doesn't really feel like weed, it's too intense), almost un natural and is much shorter lived than it should. Anyway I worry because I basically smoked that crap everyday for like 2 years (along with regs, but still). I worry because I haven't felt quite right since I quit smoking that stuff, like I"m disconnected in the head or something, and I also worry about cancerous agents, don't laugh it's not funny. Anyway I think it could have been sprayed with something?

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Whatever it was has to be better than the paraquat we were treated to back in the late 70's early 80's

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Shit. We all smoked beasters back in the day. I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it's not the food, water, air. It's something else. Paint, plastic, etc....

The story I always heard about beasters was that they burned sulfur on it before it was finished to help reduce the smell. So if anything we were probably smoking unflushed herb that was coated in sulfur. Yum...

Maybe someone here knows how they were producing the beasters at that time.

They really did flood the hell out of the states with that. We saw so much of it in the south. Oh well.

G

guest86120975

Yeh in the South, no matter what the bud looked like (you can tell the strains apart) but even so they smell taste and effects were identical

Hey guys, I was wondering if there's any way to speculate about what I may have been smoking years ago. Back in the early 2000's, as u probably know, beaster buds where flooding the east coast and look visually good but are actually very crappy. But I used to smoke this stuff.....looks good at first, but has no smell, tastes like card board, maybe have a faint chemical smell but that's it. The high is very intense (doesn't really feel like weed, it's too intense), almost un natural and is much shorter lived than it should. Anyway I worry because I basically smoked that crap everyday for like 2 years (along with regs, but still). I worry because I haven't felt quite right since I quit smoking that stuff, like I"m disconnected in the head or something, and I also worry about cancerous agents, don't laugh it's not funny. Anyway I think it could have been sprayed with something?

honeslty a lot of semi wet beasters used to come around the midwest way back in day for me too.... typical orange hair round buds with little smell... never ever completely dry... looked as though they were vacuum sealed nice and tight... not brick but defntly beeen packaged hard... I believe most of these buds were highly contaminated with mold/mildew from the wet packaging and also probably sprayed with a nice heavy array of fungicides and pesticides... lol... I had a few strange experiences smoking some of these buds many years ago. Thank god I didnt have to put up with them long... although they were being distributed in full force and grown in amazing quantity.... I luckily didnt have to smoke all that many but I know peeps who smoked em all day every day.. defntly couldn't roll a joint of them... or "spark a bowl" ... lol... more like a blow torch needed to get them to even burn... anyway bad memories... lol... I think mold and peticide/fungicides may be your problem.. but honeslt if you have been feeling "disconnected" for that long I think there may be more at play than just the cannabis you were smoking at the time.... I hope everythign works out for ya bro... take care...

G

guest86120975

Yeaa i know I could just be screwy, but anyway I know what you mean about not being able to light the bud? Would the beast you smoked burn like halfway and then it would turn black and crunchy but wouldn't burn anymore? Like the bowl would only burn halfway and not turn to ash?

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
hahaha....made my come up hustling beasters in the northeast for a couple years. that shit was big money. never smoked them myself though...maybe a couple times. one strange experience with them though, smoked some beasters and GEEEEEEKED the fuck out. shit was def. weird.

beasters= uncured, 6-7 weeks picked, quick dried, mass produced, high yielding/low quality strain..i've seen pictures of beaster ops run by the asians up in canada, and they were nuts. huge mansion just packed full of lights, 1000s of plants, pumping out WEIGHT. they fed the eastern/midwest USA for a minute.

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wouldn't worry too much about that bro. Not to go Sigmund Freud over here but what your describing sounds like GAD (generalized anxiety disorder). Feeling "disconnected" is one of the symptoms, maybe you should see a doctor and tell him how your feeling and they'll let you know.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
beasters= uncured, 6-7 weeks picked, quick dried, mass produced, high yielding/low quality strain.

and ran though a tumbler to steal the trics.

tumbler.gif

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Remember the contaminated Colombian bud that smelled and tasted like diesel fuel in the early 80's? Yuck. I wouldnt smoke it. A joint of it would burst into flames when you let off after a pull on it. LOL.
Probably smoked some of that Paraquat weed in the 70's though. :frown:

Whatever it was has to be better than the paraquat we were treated to back in the late 70's early 80's

Latest posts

Latest posts