What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Getting married in Negril February 2012

etncrew

So I'm getting married in Negril this coming February, and I'm obviously going to want to find the collie buds. Any recommendations on places to score good weed, besides all the cracked out "rastas" trying to sell $5 spliffs to me on the beach.

Also some general recommendations for fun things to do and see would be appreciated. :thank you:

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
Ill send u a Pm later tonite with some on sourcing some good herbs as well as few places to visit if u havnt already been. I take it its not your first trip to Ja?? good vibez

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
find a good cabbie, and ask him where to find good sensi. he will take care of that and all your other needs. some end up being friends for years.

etncrew

find a good cabbie, and ask him where to find good sensi. he will take care of that and all your other needs. some end up being friends for years.
We met a guy like this 3 years ago in St Lucia. We still text back and forth.

Have you been to JAH?

T

TribalSeeds

Cracked out and "Rasta" doesnt really add up. Are you sure they are Rasta, or just Jamaican?

etncrew

When in St Lucia we met lots of dudes with dreads who were cracked out. Dude trying to sell me shitty bud at the market, then later we were eating in a little Ital restaraunt and this cracked out dread ran in and tried to hustle my fiance and I. The shop owner and our cabbie told the dude "that we were cool" and he left.

Better term is maybe Wolf in Sheep's Clothing??
Nice profile pic by the way :)

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Congratulations!
I bought from a Dread on the beach in Negril. It was all about doing some negotiation. The herb was a decent sativa that def did the trick. I just kept telling him that I grew better looking stuff than he was offering and that there was no way I'd pay what he was asking. Little by little the price went down & the amount he put into my sack grew. I agree that finding a good cabbie is key to getting around ( and possibly for finding good Ganja). I might suggest you carry your favorite rolling papers in a discreet place and take them with you ( i personally wouldn't bring any extras back though ).

Oh...and as cliche as it might be, Ricks Cafe at Sunset was Beautiful!

etncrew

Thanks Green Supreme and Grow Tech. Getting really excited about things now. I just bought a few different sizes of papers so I'm good to go on the trip now. Everything except my laptop is packed, thats getting done the moment I log off.

Hitting up a Tarrus Riley concert and possibly Toots and the Maytals as well. Going to have lots of pictures and hopefully some good video as well.

More tips everyone :D

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have been to JA many times, seeing that i am a jamaican/american.

i got a tip... check out black river, its not too far from negril. dudes can take you out in a boat and they call crocs over to you and hand feed them. haha crazy shit.

not to mention this is the photo on the black river wiki page....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_River_(Jamaica)
800px-Rasta_tourist_guide_on_Black_River.jpg

DanknessHimself

Just don't buy in the airport.
Cops run scams with locals to sell to people coming in.
you pay the local and he gives you your bud then cops bust you on your way to get bags or whatever and you have to pay an exorbitant amount to get out of jail and the local keeps your money and gets his bud back from the cops.

overbudjet

Veteran
Congratulations!
I bought from a Dread on the beach in Negril. It was all about doing some negotiation. The herb was a decent sativa that def did the trick. I just kept telling him that I grew better looking stuff than he was offering and that there was no way I'd pay what he was asking. Little by little the price went down & the amount he put into my sack grew. I agree that finding a good cabbie is key to getting around ( and possibly for finding good Ganja). I might suggest you carry your favorite rolling papers in a discreet place and take them with you ( i personally wouldn't bring any extras back though ).

Oh...and as cliche as it might be, Ricks Cafe at Sunset was Beautiful!
pic of sunset at ricks café this winter

Not necesssarily in Negril, but over in Trelawny, rafting down the Martha Brae is really, really cool and absolutely an awesome experiance. A perfect "honeymoon" activity, just you, your spouse and a nimble raft captain to guide you down the river! (Ask for Captain Murphy if you can get him.) Oh, and don't forget to tip your raft Captain. I would 100% reccommend the Martha Brae!

If you catch an early raft ride down the Martha Brae, afterwards you could have your cabbie take you further east to Dunns River Falls. Dunns River Falls, near Ocho Rios, is a waterfall you can literally walk up. The water has an extremely high mineral content, and constantly regenerates the rocks of the falls. The trunks of the trees that are within the falls become coated with a petrified coating (as does anything else below the waterline). Beautiful sites to see from the bottom all the way to the top of the falls. Now remember that at Dunns River Falls, "No wet, means No Fun," so bring swimming clothes and good aqua shoes. If you're actually interested in Dunns River Falls, let me know because I'll give you a few other helpful hints. Oh and if you have extra time, have your cabbie stop by Discovery Bay (on the way home) and see where Columbus landed. Theres only a few displays, but the scenery is terrific and is nice for breaking up the drive back.